• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Broken Foot 8 Days From Nc!!! Ugh

In summary, Has anyone gone to NC in a foot cast? I broke mine today :cry: If I had no bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. I'm staying at the Sheraton Hotel. Will I have a lot of walking to do to get to NC? This is also my first year of going. So any info would be great. You will have a lot of walking, and may want to consider renting a wheelchair.
lmradlein
Gold Member
Has anyone gone to NC in a foot cast? I broke mine today :cry: If I had no bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. I'm staying at the Sheraton Hotel. Will I have a lot of walking to do to get to NC? This is also my first year of going. So any info would be great.

There is a ton of walking. You need to call HO and find out about getting a wheel chair. Also talk to your cluster mates who are going to see if they can help wheel you arround. As someone who has broken a foot and been to NC. I do not think you will be able to handle the walking.

I have not been to conference as this will be my first year. However, I have broken my foot before. Actually 2 x's about 15 years apart.
Depending on the type of cast you may be able to manage the walking. It would be a good idea to check about a wheel chair in the event that you need it.
The second time I broke my foot I was in an air cast and was able to keep my normal routine. It did slow me down some and I would fatigue much more quickly but I got around just fine and I had quite a bit of walking to do each day.

So sorry to hear of this little setback for you.... Good luck and We will see you at NC....

Calling HO is a good idea...thanks! I'll do that in the morning.

Even if you're in a walking cast, it would probably be a good idea to check into a wheelchair. There is a LOT of walking.

So sorry to hear about the injury! Definitely opt for a wheel chair....maybe you'll be seated up front because of it? Looking for that silver lining.:D

Thanks Laurie. I've been searching for the silver lining all day ...lol. At least I didn't have to cook tonight :) DH cooked!

Thanks again for the advise just talked with HO and they are going to hook me up with a chair on wheels!!!

That's great. Of course, what I'm picturing now is a large, comfy, executive desk chair. LOL!

lmradlein said:
Has anyone gone to NC in a foot cast? I broke mine today :cry: If I had no bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. I'm staying at the Sheraton Hotel. Will I have a lot of walking to do to get to NC? This is also my first year of going. So any info would be great.

next time save the butt kicking till after NC... :)

Glad you were able to get a fancy moving seat, Leigh. = )

Hoping you have a blast at NC, broken foot and all.

Love that your hubby is prepping dinner. He may fall in love with the DCB (make sure to share your recipes, lol) and will rave about it at work, and you'll come home to massive requests and orders for one. Sounds good in my mind.....yes, it does. = )

LOL~~~ Thanks yall! I got a better fitting boot today to wear and not to bad to walk in. I'll be the one with one boot and one tennis shoe!!!

You can RENT (yes not provided) a wheelchair for $25 a day or a scooter for $50 a day. They have to remain there. I am going to Wave 2 and have my $150 scooter rented for the NC! I am on a cane permanently and can't manage all the walking!

I called NC and there is no cost for the wheelchair ( I have one on stand by). Now if I wanted a scooter it was like $50 a day. I think I will be fine with what I have. Went to Wal-Mart and to Target and walked around a good bit and felt pretty good. I will be wearing a flip flop however and not a tennis shoe. My flip flop has a platform bottom and more in balance with my boot. Dr. said the more even my shoe is to my boot the easier it will be to walk around. And like I said felt good today!

Whoever you talked to was wrong about the wheelchair. The email I got from the lady said it was $25 a day for the wheelchair PLUS if you need someone to push you, it is extra. You need to talk to Erika Myhre. She is the HO Meetings Coordinator. The first email I got from her said wheelchairs would be provided and scooters were $50/day. When I questioned the "provided" vs. renting, she sent this information:

Hi Jane –I apologize for any inconvenience or miscommunication. Wheelchairs are $25/day and the scooters are $50/day and you should be able to rent one on-site, but reserving them ahead of time is preferred. If you are attending with other team members, you could have them assist you with a wheelchair maybe. This year all events (general sessions, workshops, meals, etc) will be contained in one building so there will be substantially less walking and distance between events. I hope this helps. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Erika

I had several emails back and forth with her, explaining that I felt this should be added to the NC Registration form so everyone is aware of the costs. Blessedly for me, my ED is paying for my scooter or I would have been hurting badly for money since I own no credit cards and deal in cash only (thanks to FPU)!

pcchefjane said:
Whoever you talked to was wrong about the wheelchair. The email I got from the lady said it was $25 a day for the wheelchair PLUS if you need someone to push you, it is extra. You need to talk to Erika Myhre. She is the HO Meetings Coordinator. The first email I got from her said wheelchairs would be provided and scooters were $50/day. When I questioned the "provided" vs. renting, she sent this information:

Hi Jane –I apologize for any inconvenience or miscommunication. Wheelchairs are $25/day and the scooters are $50/day and you should be able to rent one on-site, but reserving them ahead of time is preferred. If you are attending with other team members, you could have them assist you with a wheelchair maybe. This year all events (general sessions, workshops, meals, etc) will be contained in one building so there will be substantially less walking and distance between events. I hope this helps. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Erika

I had several emails back and forth with her, explaining that I felt this should be added to the NC Registration form so everyone is aware of the costs. Blessedly for me, my ED is paying for my scooter or I would have been hurting badly for money since I own no credit cards and deal in cash only (thanks to FPU)!

I highlighted the most interesting part of this email! I've been to many conferences, and had to run from one end of McCormick Center to the other many times....I wonder which building we will be in? That is just very very interesting! It's going to make everything new for those of us who are "seasoned"!

I caught that, too, Becky. In light of that, we might not be quite as tired when we get back home this year. :)

WOW this would be great if there is less walking! As far as the wheelchair goes it's there if I need it. If I got to have it I got to have it. But the way I'm getting around right now is fine so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Jane,
Here is my email that I just got back from Erika and mine shows no cost for just a wheelchair. Good news for me I'm not going to need it (unless I do something else to my foot). But good to know.

Leigh,
No charge for the wheel chair, you just have to leave your license and then pick it up once your return the chair. I can not tell you how much walking until you receive your agenda and know where your workshop rooms are.

Erika

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2009 9:08 AM
To: Registration
Subject: Re: 560070 NC Wave 1

Erika,

Thank you so much! Is there a fee for the wheelchair? Went to the Doctors the other day and got a pretty comfortable "boot cast" to wear. How much walking is really involved?

Leigh

ChefBeckyD said:
I highlighted the most interesting part of this email! I've been to many conferences, and had to run from one end of McCormick Center to the other many times....I wonder which building we will be in? That is just very very interesting! It's going to make everything new for those of us who are "seasoned"!

Ooh, this makes my 32 week pregnant self VERY VERY happy!

1. How can I still prepare meals with a broken foot?

With a broken foot, it can be difficult to stand for long periods of time in the kitchen. However, Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets that can make meal prep easier, such as our food chopper, mix and chop, and manual food processor. These tools require minimal effort and can help you prepare meals without putting weight on your injured foot.

2. What are some easy and quick recipes I can make with limited mobility?

We have a wide selection of recipes on our website that can be made with minimal effort and time. Some great options include our one-pot pasta dishes, sheet pan meals, and slow cooker recipes. These recipes require minimal standing and can be made with one hand if needed.

3. Are there any products that can help me with meal prep while I'm recovering?

Yes, there are several products that can make meal prep easier while you recover from your broken foot. Our manual food processor, garlic press, and vegetable peeler are all great tools that require minimal effort and can help you prepare meals with ease.

4. How can I still participate in Pampered Chef parties or events with my injury?

If you are unable to attend a Pampered Chef party or event due to your broken foot, you can still participate by hosting a virtual party. Our consultants can set up a virtual party for you and your friends, where you can still earn free products and discounts without leaving your home.

5. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products with one foot in a cast?

Yes, many of our products can still be used with one foot in a cast. Our kitchen tools and gadgets are designed to be user-friendly and require minimal effort. However, we always recommend taking caution and asking for assistance if needed to prevent any further injury.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat