• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Steaks & Fish with Stoneware Pieces: A Beginner's Guide

In summary, stoneware pieces such as the Deep Dish Baker, Rectangular Baker, and Large Bar Pan are suitable for cooking steaks and fish. Prior to cooking, it is important to preheat the stoneware in the oven for 15 minutes at 400°F. It is not recommended to use oil or cooking spray on stoneware, as it can damage the non-stick surface. After use, the stoneware should be allowed to cool completely before cleaning with warm water and a mild detergent. It is not safe to use stoneware on the stovetop or under the broiler.
munkee41182
I have a customer that is looking for a few suggestions on what to use to broil steaks and fish on. My first thought is one of our stoneware peices. Since I've never broiled meats before (either baked or grilled them), I have no clue what to look for or to think of. The stoneware peices would just let the meats sit and end up cooking in their own fats right? Thoughts? Suggestions?

stoneware is not broiler safei use my stainless cookware

I would suggest the sheet pans..but usually a broiler pan has a rack so that the drippings fall beneath. What if you suggested the grill pan and her using the stove top?

Stainless cookware if you have a broiler in your oven.If not (a little one under the oven like me) than I would suggest the metal baking sheets.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I highly recommend our stoneware pieces for broiling steaks and fish. The stoneware allows for even heat distribution and will help the meats cook in their own juices for maximum flavor. Another option could be our non-stick grill pan, which also allows for easy cleanup. Whichever option you choose, just make sure to preheat your broiler and keep a close eye on the meats to prevent overcooking. Happy cooking!

What types of stoneware can be used for cooking steaks and fish?

Stoneware pieces such as the Deep Dish Baker, Rectangular Baker, and Large Bar Pan are all suitable for cooking steaks and fish. These pieces are designed to distribute heat evenly and can withstand high temperatures.

What is the best way to prepare the stoneware before cooking?

Prior to cooking, it is important to preheat the stoneware in the oven for 15 minutes at 400°F. This will help prevent the food from sticking to the surface and will ensure even cooking.

Can I use oil or cooking spray on the stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use oil or cooking spray on stoneware as it can damage the non-stick surface. The stoneware is designed to be used without any added grease or oils.

How do I clean my stoneware after cooking steaks or fish?

After use, let the stoneware cool completely before cleaning. Use a nylon scraper or a non-metal spatula to remove any food particles. Then, wash the stoneware with warm water and a mild detergent. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the stoneware.

Can stoneware pieces be used on the stovetop?

No, stoneware should not be used on the stovetop or under the broiler. It is designed for oven use only. Placing stoneware on direct heat sources can cause it to crack or break.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • DebsApronStrings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies