• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying a New Recipe - Need Help With Healthy Dip Ideas!

In summary, Monica's hostess wants to do a broccoli ham ring for her show. Monica does not know of the dish and provides a recipe. The ring is made with ham, broccoli, onion, parsley, lemon zest, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard. It is baked on a pizza stone and served with crescent dough triangles. There are 8 servings or 16 sample servings.
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
HI ,

I have a show tonight and my hostess just now told me she wants to do the broccoli ham ring. i wont have time to practice this before the show. Is it easy enough to make? she is doing a "healthy show" and is wanting a dip also to go with some vegetables to snack on while it is baking. any ideas for a healthy dip? this is the second show she has done for me....last one was last month. i really want to keep her as a customer since she does pretty good with the sales and all...she had 16 orders before her show last month!! any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi monica!
I don't know of the broccoli and ham ring? What cookbook is it in? I have done the chicken and brocolli ring and also the ham and cheese omelet roll and both are very good. They are both in the Main Dishes cookbook. Sorry I couldn't be of much help. :eek:

The Broccoli Ham Ring recipe is in Season's Best Fall/Winter 2003. This is on the Cdn. website and I'm sure it's on the U.S. website.

I have made it for dinner and it is quite yummy! Similar to the other rings and braids you mix up the filling and cook it on the pizza stone with the dough. It didn't take that long to cook but you might want to have this as your first recipe and do a shorter one while the ring cooks.

There are some great dip recipes on this site, and you could do that and and cut up some veggies with the crinkle cutter, v-shaped cutter, cook's corer, etc.

I hope your show goes well.

can you possibly either post the recipe or e-mail it to me?? I can't find it and with me being so picky with what I eat, this sounds like something I might actually eat. I generally always have to change recipies to fit my needs:)

Broccoli Ham Ring RecipeThe Pampered Chef ®
Broccoli Ham Ring
Recipe

8 oz cooked ham, coarsely chopped (2 cups/500 mL) 250g
1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets, coarsely chopped 375mL
1/4 cup onion, coarsely chopped 50mL
1/4 cup fresh parsely, minced 50mL
1 lemon 1
1 tbsp mayonnaise 15mL
1 tbsp Dijon mustard 15mL
3 oz cheddar cheese, grated (3/4 cup/175 mL) 90g
2 pkg (235 g each) refrigerated crescent rolls 2

Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Using Food Chopper, coarsely chop ham, broccoli and onion. Mince parsley using Crinkle Cutter. Finely zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 tsp/5 mL.

In Classic Batter Bowl, combine ham, broccoli, onion, parsley, lemon zest, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater into Batter Bowl; mix well using Small Mix ‘N Scraper™.

Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone with wide ends overlapping in the centre and points toward the outside (leave a 6 inch/15 cm diameter opening in centre of Baking Stone).

Spoon ham mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at centre of ring (filling will not be completely covered). Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Slice using Pizza Cutter. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 8 servings or 16 sample servings

Per serving: 303 calories; 13.7 g protein; 17.6 g total fat; 5.7 g sat fat; 22.9 g carbohydrate; 0 g fibre; 28 mg cholesterol; 933 mg sodium

Cook's Tip: Tool Tip: Have a sweet tooth? Place 1 oz/30 g square of chocolate in the hopper of the Deluxe Cheese Grater to finely grate over desserts, ice cream or coffee beverages.

© The Pampered Chef—CANADA, Ltd.,

thank you!!!! it sounds sooooo yummy!!!!!

thanks for the tips. i actually got the recipe under the huge recipe thread...there are like 200 recipes and it was in there. it was about the healthiest one i could find under short notice. will let you know how it goes.

Lovely but watch out!The Ham and Brocolli Ring is lovely, but watch out - when I made it the centre of the ring had some liquid which I had to soak up with some paper towel before I took it to the table. Don't know if it was from the brocolli or not. It looked and tasted fine - once I had mopped up!

so i had the show and it turned out great. we only had 3 guests show up but this girl really nows how to do this. she sells avon so her orders are mainly outside orders. she is at 150 dollars now and has 5-7 more orders coming in, several pretty pricey. we did the touchdown taco dip for the not healthy people there :D like me, the broccoli ham ring, and she had a platter of veggies and dip. i didnt have any problems with the ring at all, it turned out great. i was relieved cuz i have never made a ring or braid. there was tons of compliments on it. thanks for all the help and tips....couldnt have done it without you guys!!

1. How can I make a healthy dip without sacrificing flavor?

One easy way to make a healthy dip is by using Greek yogurt as a base instead of sour cream or mayonnaise. You can also add herbs, spices, and citrus juice to boost the flavor without adding extra calories.

2. What are some healthy ingredients I can use in a dip?

Some healthy ingredients to use in a dip include avocado, hummus, roasted vegetables, beans, and herbs like cilantro and parsley. You can also use low-fat cheese and nut butter in moderation for added creaminess and flavor.

3. Can I make a healthy dip without dairy or gluten?

Absolutely! There are many dairy-free and gluten-free options for making healthy dips. You can use avocados, nut butter, or coconut milk as a base instead of dairy. For gluten-free options, try using gluten-free crackers or vegetables for dipping.

4. How can I make a healthy dip for a party or gathering?

One way to make a healthy dip for a party is by using fresh, seasonal ingredients. You can also make a large batch of dip and serve it with vegetables, whole-grain crackers, or pita chips for a healthier option. Don't be afraid to get creative and experiment with different flavors and ingredients!

5. Are there any tips for making a dip ahead of time?

To make a dip ahead of time, you can prepare all the ingredients and store them separately until you're ready to assemble the dip. This will help keep the ingredients fresh and prevent them from getting soggy. You can also make the dip a day in advance and store it in the fridge, covered tightly with plastic wrap.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christy_c
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
christy_c
  • kreaser
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • magentablue