• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Searching for Filling Recipe: Joyce's Braid?

In summary, the author is asking for help with a recipe for a Chicken & Broccoli Ring. They found the recipe online, but they are unsure if the broccoli is precooked. The author also mentioned that they have made this recipe before and used the food chopper and diced red bell pepper. The author recommends using the egg white to baste the ring with basil blend oil.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I have a host who is requesting this... I looked in Joyce's and found a braid... am wondering if that would be the same filling ... also looked in our files here but didn't find anything. Anyone have this recipe?

Here's what I have for the ring...

Chicken & Broccoli Ring

2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
1 ½ cups coarsely chopped broccoli
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup mayonnaise
¼ teaspoon salt
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 egg white, lightly beaten
¼ cup slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 375. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine chicken, broccoli, cheese, bell pepper, mayonnaise, seasoning mix, salt and garlic; mix well.

Unroll 2 (8 ounce) packages of refrigerated crescent rolls; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles, slightly overlapping in a circle on Large Round Stone with wide ends 4 inches from edge of baking stone. Points will extend off the edge of the baking stone. Roll wide ends of dough toward center to create a 5 inch opening.

Scoop filling over ring. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under dough at center to form a ring. Filling will show. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with almonds.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Okay... I'm the queen of stupid sounding questions here lately... is the broccoli precooked?

Oh... I am so sorry... THANK YOU for posting this recipe!!!!!! I guess my brain isn't completely awake yet.

quiverfull7 said:
... is the broccoli precooked?

Nope. It cooks but stays crisp-tender during the baking time. Not mushy!
Love this recipe. :)

Okay so... would you use the food chopper on the broccoli or the chefs knife or what tool? Dicing the pepper and chicken can already use the knife but does the chopper kind of do in the broccoli? Can you tell I haven't made this one yet???

You can use the chopper. Lots of people like to do that so that the broccoli ends up a little smaller and cooks more thoroughly. I personally like broccoli with a little crunch to it, so I just hack it off the stem and cut the florets in half.

Another thoughtI did this recipe at a show Tues. night. Instead of the egg white, I used the Basil Blend Oil and brushed it on with the Silicone Basting Brush. It adds a little flavor and turned out really nice and golden brown. :)

1. What is the recipe for Joyce's Braid?

The recipe for Joyce's Braid can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book. It includes ingredients such as crescent dough, cream cheese, and fruit filling.

2. Can I substitute the fruit filling with another type of filling?

Yes, you can substitute the fruit filling with any type of filling you prefer. Some popular options include chocolate, Nutella, or jam.

3. How long does it take to make Joyce's Braid?

The total time for making Joyce's Braid is approximately 30 minutes. This includes preparation and baking time.

4. Can I make Joyce's Braid ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make Joyce's Braid ahead of time and reheat it later. It is best to wrap it in foil and reheat in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.

5. Can I use a different type of dough for Joyce's Braid?

Yes, you can use a different type of dough for Joyce's Braid. Puff pastry or pizza dough are popular alternatives that can be used instead of crescent dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCChristy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • smspamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • PamperedSheep