• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamlining Show Supplies: Choosing the Right Bowls

In summary, the expert thinks that she will bring the SS bowl set, the batter bowl, and one stainless steel bowl to her next show.
SusanBP0129
I am trying to bring less to my shows.... So I am deciding if I need to bring both batter bowls, the colander bowl set AND the stainless bowl set.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

I bring the SS bowls because with the lids they get really tall and add height to my display. I have the colander bowl set but don't bring it to shows. I usually have both batter bowls for the recipe, but I also use one for the drawing slips if I didn't.

My first thought is WOW. I've never brought all of that to a show. Generally I bring the classic batter bowl and then either one of the stainless steel bowls or the colander bowl set depending on the recipe I am doing or if the hostess is interested in either one of those items. I really try to keep it to my crate and the rolling tote so not sure if I could fit all that in...of course my husband is the packer in the family and could probably figure it out :).

Thanks!
So, I think I'll bring the batter bowls & 1 SS bowl so they can see the quality.

I am trying to lighten my load as well... what else are you cutting from your show display?

I usually bring the batter bowl and one or two of the SS bowls. I am thinking of starting to just bringing the SS bowls to push a higher price product. But I like that the guest can see through the batter bowl to see me mixing too, so, I am torn.

I bring the SS bowl set - they are light, and nest together....and a small batter bowl....I bring everything - including my paperwork & computer in 2 Show to Go tote bags! I bring a square crate for my dirty dishes. I want my job to look easy, and have started taking less & less to shows....I don't even bring my TTA around anymore!(although I'm thinking for the new season to bring the new black one filled with the new tools) I bring: Products I need for the demo, a sampling of the newest products, one piece of stoneware, cookware, SA, and one knife to pass around. That's it! Sometimes I'll throw in a few extra pieces that I want to talk about, or if it's a host/guest special.

I am trying to get it down to my crate, my carryall tote and my bag with the paperwork, etc. *trying* is the key word.

I don't usually carry the batter bowls because they're heavy. I usually bring the SS because they're light, nest easily, and display beautifully. I own the bowl and colander set, but I rarely bring it unless it's something the host is interested in.

Do you guys ever bring your spices???

SusanBP0129 said:

It depends on what I am featuring...I bring it if it's part of the demo, and then in the fall I brought the cinn., Cinn+, and vanilla (for holiday baking), and in Feb, because I'm featuring the 30 min Chicken, I'll bring the Rosemary, and in the spring/summer I'll bring the new spices and the dill (for dips)

SusanBP0129 said:

Yup! I bring all of the spices and rubs as well as the vanilla and oil. To me, it's important for people to be able to smell them. I've sold lots of them to people who said they've never ordered because they weren't sure they'd like them. Knowing what they smell like helped them take the plunge.

I take the BB because they go into the microwave. I don't think you can put the SS bowls in the microwave. I take only the products that I need for the recipes, plus any new items that I want to show. Oh, and I also take the rice cooker and always make a lava cake. I have sold so many rice cookers with that cake recipe. I would never leave home without it.

I bring the batter bowl and one stainless steel bowl and the small bowl and strainer of the colander set - they next together pretty well.

You're right, Nicki. You can't put the SS bowls in the microwave. That would be one of those "if I have to" situations.

raebates said:
Yup! I bring all of the spices and rubs as well as the vanilla and oil. To me, it's important for people to be able to smell them. I've sold lots of them to people who said they've never ordered because they weren't sure they'd like them. Knowing what they smell like helped them take the plunge.

I second that! I never would buy them myself if I hadn't smelled them first, and many of my customers have felt the same way. I think it's totally worth it to bring the spices to shows.

I do the SS bowls because of the weight, helps with bookings and sometimes someone will order a set of them!! :D The batter bowls are lower in cost so people are more likely to purchase them with out seeing them.
Spices and cookbooks come with me. They can smell the spices and look over the cookbooks before they purchase them. I know that I would hesitate making these purchases if I just saw them in a catalog.
Ann

I never take the BB, i always take the SS & colander set. sold 3 sets of SS Tues. 3 guests were interested in them, & each booked a show in the spring to get them as a half combo I told them the price was going to increase and they wouldn't be part of the 1/2 price combo.
All 3 bought them that night. (I did tell them the new price) and have decided they will get the knives at 1/2 when they have their show.
Teresa

It' s soooo hard to cut down. I keep trying but I want to bring so much . I have all of the small like things in a pretty box with handles,
my TTA,
the Black sperated case we earned
1 crate (thats what I put my drity stuff in lined with a garbage bag ).
my brief case and bag with folders
I do chage things a round often to bring different products but 1 crate
WILL NOT DO IT my show average is around 700. so I think if I bring less guest will not be able to see alot and I may not see as much

I only bring the NEW stuff---and some of the tools that go in the turn about--most have seen PC and I tell them I only bring the new stuff because so many say I have EVERYTHING you make--well guess what --I bet u don't have these newest 50 products or else you just spent a bundle in the last few months!!

that usually gets a nod of the head yes and a chuckle

I also mention that our catalog is so great it basically sells itself
:D

SusanBP0129 said:
Thanks!
So, I think I'll bring the batter bowls & 1 SS bowl so they can see the quality.

If you have the TTA Tote, after you put the TTA in, before you close up the top put the batter bowl in upside down & it rests on everything, then tie it closed. I got this tip of someone here, sorry I forget who....;)

Ginger428 said:
If you have the TTA Tote, after you put the TTA in, before you close up the top put the batter bowl in upside down & it rests on everything, then tie it closed. I got this tip of someone here, sorry I forget who....;)
Hmmm... do you also put the chopper in there. I always put it upside down in the center of the TTA. I'll have to see if the batter bowl works with that. Thanks for the tip.

MicheleC said:
My first thought is WOW. I've never brought all of that to a show. Generally I bring the classic batter bowl and then either one of the stainless steel bowls or the colander bowl set depending on the recipe I am doing or if the hostess is interested in either one of those items. I really try to keep it to my crate and the rolling tote so not sure if I could fit all that in...of course my husband is the packer in the family and could probably figure it out :).

Taking out the liner in the rolling showcase makes A TON of room! I have been only taking the rolling showcase and TTA bag, and bag with catalogs,calculator, etc... Pretty much one trip! Unless I bring my card table inside...
HTH

I take the classic batter bowl. I was doing the colandar bowl set for a while and I took the ss bowls in Nov and Dec just to display. I took them out for now. I've managed to sell 5 sets of them at my last 2 shows b/c guests who had them talked them up. WOO HOO for them! :0)

I take my rolling tote, crate, and a cute polka dot carry on size suitcase with my paperwork in it. Works well. Get it all in 2 trips!

BethCooks4U said:
Hmmm... do you also put the chopper in there. I always put it upside down in the center of the TTA. I'll have to see if the batter bowl works with that. Thanks for the tip.

Yes..it works with the chopper in there, it sits on the long items ie....bread knife,kitchen brush,large spreader, so its a little higher..HTH

YUP I do... I pass them around to let the guest smell them during my demo, I also have a package of the beer bread and pizza crust with me too, I bring both batter bowls with me, I use the classic during my demo and the small for the drawings as my director told me when I started a year ago, you have to keep your families together, so I bring both batter bowls to keep the family unit together...

HOpe that helps.

SusanBP0129 said:

I also have a hard time cutting back on what I take. I just never know what people want to see. I mostly take the new products and then only the older products I need for a recipe.

I tried taking out the liner on the rolling case, but found it harder to organize the products.

TTA tote
Ginger428 said:

I do not have the TTA tote....Perhaps I should invest in that.... hmmmmm.....

Keeping the 'family' together...
mommyhugz1978 said:
.....I bring both batter bowls with me, I use the classic during my demo and the small for the drawings as my director told me when I started a year ago, you have to keep your families together, so I bring both batter bowls to keep the family unit together...

Do you bring their 6 children also?.... the prep bowls might fight if Mom and Dad are not around....

genburk said:
Do you bring their 6 children also?.... the prep bowls might fight if Mom and Dad are not around....

HAHAHA!!!! :D That's so funny! I had not thought of them all as a family!

Rule of thumb (I've always heard and it works for me so far):

ONLY what you need for the recipe and serving it
Item on special for the month you're trying to book
Item that the current month's guest special (if not being used in the recipe)

That's it! When it's a new season, you can take some key new items, but tell them about them and suggest someone have a party so you can bring (for example) the new Trifle Bowl and make a Lime Berry Trifle! I think your business does better when you bring less. Your job looks easier and you look more relaxed and put together :)

genburk said:

That is toooooooo FUNNY!!!:D :D :D

I always bring my classic batter bowl. I also conedense space my putting my little gadgets in it and then close the lid. I like bring all of my prep bowls as well because not only does it keep me more organized with ingredients, I always have at least one order from any show with them.

Ginger428 said:
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

I just wanted to say I love the moon and stars quote. Did you get that somewhere or make it up? I think it is a great way of thinking...:)

DizziePixie said:
Your job looks easier and you look more relaxed and put together :)

Once I started bringing less, I felt better about myself. I was not getting tired and frustrated carrying it all in the houses!!!

genburk said:
I just wanted to say I love the moon and stars quote. Did you get that somewhere or make it up? I think it is a great way of thinking...:)

Thanks...I wasnt sure, but just really like it. I just googled it & it says Les Brown...he was a very famous orchestra leader & musician back in the 40s & 50s

SusanBP0129 said:
I do not have the TTA tote....Perhaps I should invest in that.... hmmmmm.....

OH YEAH!!! It's a life saver - I sometimes cannot zip it because I put the kitchen sink in the TTA - but I love being able to have everyhting covered and secure...

yeah I can't get in my head to bring less. I really need to figure it all out. When I practice..I truly feel like a mess.

The TTA Tote was on my first supply order and I am so happy that I got it! I can't imagine not having it -- my tools would be everywhere in my car! My big debate is the Show-to-go Rolling tote... maybe if I do 6 shows a month for the next 3 months (thereby doing more shows in 3months than I did last year! lol) I will treat myself to it... hmmm... I like that... granted I also was going to use an show incentive for all the samples I want... man my commission check is going to be gone before I even got it!

PCGINA said:
OH YEAH!!! It's a life saver - I sometimes cannot zip it because I put the kitchen sink in the TTA - but I love being able to have everyhting covered and secure...

Try not filling it up so much before hand, then zip it up & then put in the rest...I do this all the time!

I keep reading the responses about the TTA tote. What is it? Does it work better than the crate that came with the starter kits?

Oh, yeah! It zips right up around the TTA, so everything stays snug and cozy. It has a couple of nylon bands, so you can sling it over your shoulder or on your back like a backpack. It's great.

The TTA is the Tool Turn Around Tote....I've been thinking about gettting it myself. I always take my TTA with me and it just slides around in the back of my car.
I've been wondering what people have been using to tote the supplies to shows with. I bought a HUGE storage container to carry everything to the shows.
I do like to bring some the NEW products to shows. I sold a TON of the Mix N Mashers once people saw it wasn't a flimsy piece of plastic.
I'm hopefully getting the Trifle Bowl soon, so I'll be taking that to my Feb shows for sure.

Before I got my Show-on-the-Go, I used a rolling cooler to carry my things to shows. It worked well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillmami
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
byrd1956