• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bring on Your Best Pampered Chef Tips!

a piece of skin with a few cloves still on it, a piece of stem, and 1 or 2 cloves of garlic.I use the kitchen shears to cut things up in a bowl or jar. I love sundried tomatoes, but they are greasy and can leave a mess on the cutting board if you are doing a lot of stuff. So, I stick my kitchen shears in a short jar or bowl and it works great. I do this a lot with artichoke hearts!When juicing a citrus fruit (lemon, orange, lime, etc.) press down on it with your palm and "roll" it back and forth on your cutting board. This will help break down some of
Wrap your celery in alluminum foil to keep it crisp. I hate droopy celery. Lasts for weeks!!!

Use our Handy Scrapers to squiggy your tile or shower door.

This is what I was working on. I will be doing them as large magnets from Vista Print. 10 free on every order they have the deal available.

I went into design detail on another thread. http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/new-promo-item-40900/

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/PCmom2/PC%20stuff/cookingtipsnopersonalinfo.jpg

Last edited:
I tried the PB cookie tip and found it only works when you are using a flat sheet or stone ...Spin your PASTA in the spinner for pasta salads so you don't have to use too much dressing.

Having a birthday party? Buy ice cream in a half gallon squared off box container (if you can find them...they will work nicer than the rounded ones) and open the entire box. Then, use the crinkle cutter to "slice" off servings! OR you can use our ice cream scoop and scoop balls of ice cream onto a stone or one of our sheet pans covered with saran wrap. Cover and freeze well. When it's time for dessert, no one will have melted ice cream! - from KellyThe Chef

Reminds me of this use:
At our last birthday party, I used cupcake liners on a flat cookie sheet and used the ice cream scooper to put 1 scoop in each one. Put them in the freezer til it was time for cake and ice cream. It was a perfect serving (for my 5yo's friends) and there was no waiting for it to be scooped and served. :)

Di_Can_Cook said:
I tried the PB cookie tip and found it only works when you are using a flat sheet or stone ... What else would you use? :confused:

Spin your PASTA in the spinner for pasta salads so you don't have to use too much dressing. Spin before or after you add the dressing?

Sorry for the q's.... I'm not awake yet.

I'm doing a show tonight with the grill basket - looking for other uses that you have tried.

Cindy

Straight from Ray Ray (aka Rachel Ray)...

Microwave your lemons and limes for 10 seconds or so to help loosen the juice.

Put a lid on pots while waiting for them to boil. It helps retain the heat and the water comes to a boil faster.

I tried the PB cookie tip and found it only works when you are using a flat sheet or stone ... What else would you use?
THE BAR PAN!Spin your PASTA in the spinner for pasta salads so you don't have to use too much dressing. Spin before or after you add the dressing?[/QUOTE]Before, of course ... wet pasta makes the dressing sink to the bottom.

A friend of mine told me at my show last night that she stores a large tub of margarine in the freezer and refills the smaller tub in the fridge by using the Ice Cream Dipper.

how do you demonstrate ice cubes with the cookware - what does it show?

Di_Can_Cook said:
I tried the PB cookie tip and found it only works when you are using a flat sheet or stone ...
What else would you use?
THE BAR PAN! So why won't it work on the bar pan?
Spin your PASTA in the spinner for pasta salads so you don't have to use too much dressing. Spin before or after you add the dressing?

Before, of course ... wet pasta makes the dressing sink to the bottom.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess I am the only one that did not know that about if your pasta was too wet... I thought maybee you had come up with a fun way to make sure the dressing was mixed well.

How well our pans conduct heat/cold. put an ice cube in a prep bowl and one in a piece of our cookware. See for yourself how awesome they are!

gbakes27 said:
how do you demonstrate ice cubes with the cookware - what does it show?

How well our pans conduct heat/cold. put an ice cube in a prep bowl and one in a piece of our cookware. See for yourself how awesome they are!

My cookies are small. The cooling rack sits on the top of the pan. It doesn't touch the cookies.

When people "complain" about the DCB. Just let them know that if they cook in their baker 4 times with chicken instead of going to Mcdonalds it pays for itself.
Also, I pass around the Ice in the ice cream dipper...had one lady ask if it was trick ice.
Chopper is good for peppermints for kids.. also for toddlers
I also usually open up a pack of batteries or cd or dvd, Whatevers handy with the Islice..isn't much but usually sell about 8 per party..adds up quick
The safety cutter, use it to cut tomatos and bread, every mom will buy a couple, one for home one for when they go out to eat.
Thats all I can think of for now.

"Season" all of your stoneware by cooking bacon on them the first time you use them. Even stones without edges, place cookie sheets on the bottom shelf to catch the grease that will roll off the edge. This "seasons" your stoneware perfectly each and every time!! :)

Angie

Take crescent rolls.. pinch the preforations together.. spread with melted butter and shake on the new Sweet Mocha Hazelnut Sprinkle. Roll up and cut in slices and bake.. They are killer.
I had these at my DD's at a training Saturday. She made some with the mocha, caramel and cinnamon sprinkles so we could compare. All were good but the mocha was incredible.

my tried & true tip that I've used since my 1st show...bamboo = the end of the boil over. Stick a bamboo spoon in or across the top of the pot and it won't boil over.
I haven't haven't had a boil over in more than 3 yrs :)

ambreaux said:
When people "complain" about the DCB. Just let them know that if they cook in their baker 4 times with chicken instead of going to Mcdonalds it pays for itself.
Also, I pass around the Ice in the ice cream dipper...had one lady ask if it was trick ice.
I also usually open up a pack of batteries or cd or dvd, Whatevers handy with the Islice..isn't much but usually sell about 8 per party..adds up quick
The safety cutter, use it to cut tomatos and bread, every mom will buy a couple, one for home one for when they go out to eat.

Didn't PC say not to use the food chopper for hard peppermint candy? It can bend the blade.

babywings76 said:
Didn't PC say not to use the food chopper for hard peppermint candy? It can bend the blade.

It was on the Training DVD. They specifically said not to chop pepermints. I never do hard candies any more. I learned the hard way.

babywings76 said:

etteluap70PC said:
It was on the Training DVD. They specifically said not to chop pepermints. I never do hard candies any more. I learned the hard way.

Yes, I am the proud owner of a Food Chopper with mangled blades since I chopped Peppermint candies with it. (I did it last season and did not know that I shouldn't do this.) I have since gotten a new food chopper, but I keep the old one just to use on candies.

babywings76 said:

My DD had to have hers replaced after using it on peppermints. I use the flat side of the meat tenderizer to crush/chop peppermints. I put them in a baggie, wrap in a dishtowel & gently pound to crush.

The Large Scoop will make 8 perfect size pancakes on the Double Burner Griddle.

Neat & easy to use. :chef:

I use the Cookware Protectors when I pack my products to and from a show. It is great in the Classic Batter Bowl and then I stack the Prep Bowls inside. Also works great in between Simple Additions pieces.

Most people know this here.... but anyone with kids I tell them to use the pizza cutter for pancakes!! They make a mess when you try to cut with a knife or fork!

lockhartkitchen said:
For a decorative look at the holidays, press soften butter into the silicone molds (I like the rose the best). Place the mold into the fridge and 15 minutes later you pop out fancy butter molds.

I love this idea, my mother-n-law and snotty aunt will be so impressed!

lockhartkitchen said:
To avoid children using too much ketchup, use the SA mini squares. Kids think they are fun, and you really will save on ketchup. They work great for dip too! For adults I used the mini squares to serve the apple berry salsa. It was easier to get up onto a chip than when just on a plate.

I've been doing this since I saw your post. It works!

thanks

4kids4me said:
Having a birthday party? Buy ice cream in a half gallon squared off box container (if you can find them...they will work nicer than the rounded ones) and open the entire box. Then, use the crinkle cutter to "slice" off servings! OR you can use our ice cream scoop and scoop balls of ice cream onto a stone or one of our sheet pans covered with saran wrap. Cover and freeze well. When it's time for dessert, no one will have melted ice cream! - from KellyThe Chef

Reminds me of this use:
At our last birthday party, I used cupcake liners on a flat cookie sheet and used the ice cream scooper to put 1 scoop in each one. Put them in the freezer til it was time for cake and ice cream. It was a perfect serving (for my 5yo's friends) and there was no waiting for it to be scooped and served. :)

Both of these are great ideas!! and time savers

ambreaux said:

Just added info here Peppermint is fantastic for settling a upset tummy

peichef said:
my tried & true tip that I've used since my 1st show...

bamboo = the end of the boil over. Stick a bamboo spoon in or across the top of the pot and it won't boil over.
I haven't haven't had a boil over in more than 3 yrs :)

I tired this, I was not a believer....

IT WORKS

WOW!

DessertDivaFL said:
I use the Cookware Protectors when I pack my products to and from a show. It is great in the Classic Batter Bowl and then I stack the Prep Bowls inside. Also works great in between Simple Additions pieces.

DUH! Lightbulb moment!! Thanks!! I've been using them for toting cookware and the Trifle Bowl, but forgot about the others!! ;)

I am new and love to hear these great ideas. Thanks to all of you for sharing.

I only have a few not already mentioned...

When using the food chopper for herbs or baby spinach, hold it the wrong way up, fill it and then put the lid on before turning over and cutting. I got oohs & aahs at a consultant training recently... I just thought it was obvious!

When making chocolate drizzle shapes, freeze the small bar pan for half an hour and drizzle straight on to the top. By the time the last one is piped, the first one will be set.

Freeze the deep dish baker before adding scooped icecream. Put dishes out with all your fave toppings. Use the decorator set for your sauces/syrups. You have your own icecream parlour.

Also, the handy scaper... fab for cleaning left over weetabix (an english thing?!) off of a toddler table when it's been left to dry all day because you were running late for work! And it's brilliant for smoothing the air bubbles out when you are hanging wall paper.

Crinkle cutter to cut the crust off of sandwiches and make little fingers.

Use any of the graters with the fine blade to grate chocolate over icecream. A little goes along way, and it feels like a real treat!

The little nylon scraper that comes with the stoneware... clean the oven of goo-ey cheese, non-stick pans, grouting the bathroom tiles, and (my fave funny story of the moment) when doing a cast of your heavily pregnant bump, it's great at scraping the petroleum jelly off your belly. I am convinced the scraping put me into labour 3 hours later!!

Do any of you burn the milk in the executive sauce pans - on purpose to proove the beauty of it? If so, best tip ever... squirt washing up liquid into the pans AS SOON as you've flicked the black milk disk out. Add a splash of water. The liquid will bubble and the steam soon fills the room, replacing the smell of the burnt milk.

I have friends wh are into scrapbooking and making cards. They use the handy little scraper to run over the fold of paper to smooth it our.

etteluap70PC said:
I am looking for your best PC tips! You know the ones at your shows that make them go Ahhh... Cool!!!! I did not know I could do that!!!

I am working on a project and I will share when I am done!

TIA!!!

I was wondering if you finished your "project"... hoping to be able to see it! Did you share somewhere else? These tips are all great! If only I could remember them all!

For the White Chicken Chili- ar anything using beans, for that matter- be sure to rinse the beans really well before you add them to your recipe. For those of us whose bodies....um...."react"....to beans, this tip is a lifesaver! Better than taking Beano!

I just learned this one:

Fill the 2c. Measure All with cookie dough and "pop" it out again. You can now easily slice the log for perfectly round cookies or freeze the log for convenient use later. This can also be done with the cookie press (leave off the stencil). Making your own cookie dough is cheaper than store-bought.

Love the tips! Keep them coming.

I made Steak Diane for my husband when we were newlyweds. Recipe called for one clove of garlic. I used the whole bulb!! He ate it anyway! Still happily married after 32 years. ::love:

Prep bowls for egg omelets......easy to grab to take to work and throw in the microwave.

Baster: Use to put cake/brownie batter into mini muffin pan.

Use cooling rack in the sink to brush crumbs off cake before frosting.

Kitchen spritzer fits in middle hole of TTA for easy access.

Take 1 candy Carmel and cook it in an executive saucepan until it turns entirely black. Then wait a couple minutes for the Carmel to cool, turn the pan over or give the Carmel a little flick of the finger - and it will pop right out. I've done this at several shows and everyone was very impressed.

<h2>1. How can I easily chop onions without crying?</h2><p>One of the best tips for chopping onions without crying is to refrigerate them for about 30 minutes before cutting. This helps to reduce the release of the onion's irritant compounds. You can also try using a sharp knife and cutting near a running faucet to help disperse the onion's fumes.</p><h2>2. What is the best way to clean my stoneware?</h2><p>The best way to clean stoneware is to use a nylon scraper or a stiff-bristled brush to remove any food debris. Then, rinse with hot water and wipe with a paper towel. Avoid using soap, as it can be absorbed into the stoneware and affect the taste of your food.</p><h2>3. How can I prevent my baked goods from sticking to the pan?</h2><p>To prevent sticking, make sure to properly grease your baking pan with cooking spray or butter before adding your batter. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal. Additionally, using stoneware or non-stick pans can also help prevent sticking.</p><h2>4. What is the best way to clean my non-stick cookware?</h2><p>The best way to clean non-stick cookware is to hand wash with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaning products, as they can scratch the non-stick coating. If there are stubborn stains, you can try soaking the cookware in warm, soapy water before washing.</p><h2>5. How can I easily remove garlic odor from my hands?</h2><p>To remove garlic odor from your hands, rub them with a stainless steel utensil under cold running water. You can also try rubbing your hands with lemon juice or vinegar, or using a mixture of baking soda and water as a scrub. Washing your hands with soap and warm water can also help remove the smell.</p>

1. How can I easily chop onions without crying?

One of the best tips for chopping onions without crying is to refrigerate them for about 30 minutes before cutting. This helps to reduce the release of the onion's irritant compounds. You can also try using a sharp knife and cutting near a running faucet to help disperse the onion's fumes.

2. What is the best way to clean my stoneware?

The best way to clean stoneware is to use a nylon scraper or a stiff-bristled brush to remove any food debris. Then, rinse with hot water and wipe with a paper towel. Avoid using soap, as it can be absorbed into the stoneware and affect the taste of your food.

3. How can I prevent my baked goods from sticking to the pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to properly grease your baking pan with cooking spray or butter before adding your batter. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal. Additionally, using stoneware or non-stick pans can also help prevent sticking.

4. What is the best way to clean my non-stick cookware?

The best way to clean non-stick cookware is to hand wash with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaning products, as they can scratch the non-stick coating. If there are stubborn stains, you can try soaking the cookware in warm, soapy water before washing.

5. How can I easily remove garlic odor from my hands?

To remove garlic odor from your hands, rub them with a stainless steel utensil under cold running water. You can also try rubbing your hands with lemon juice or vinegar, or using a mixture of baking soda and water as a scrub. Washing your hands with soap and warm water can also help remove the smell.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies