• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bring on Your Best Pampered Chef Tips!

a piece of skin with a few cloves still on it, a piece of stem, and 1 or 2 cloves of garlic.I use the kitchen shears to cut things up in a bowl or jar. I love sundried tomatoes, but they are greasy and can leave a mess on the cutting board if you are doing a lot of stuff. So, I stick my kitchen shears in a short jar or bowl and it works great. I do this a lot with artichoke hearts!When juicing a citrus fruit (lemon, orange, lime, etc.) press down on it with your palm and "roll" it back and forth on your cutting board. This will help break down some of
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
I am looking for your best PC tips! You know the ones at your shows that make them go Ahhh... Cool!!!! I did not know I could do that!!!

I am working on a project and I will share when I am done!

TIA!!!

When I went to my first show I bought a food chopper. It wasn't until a few years later that I went to another show and the consultant was chopping nuts in the cap! That surpised me so much! I was so excited to learn that we could use it that way. Opened up new possibilities for me. :)

Also, that stoneware can be used in the microwave. That was great learning that you could even do the icing all at the same time!

The garlic press--the little tool and how you can use it to scrape off the garlic and then use it to dig out the peel inside. And I just had someone the other day not know that you didn't have to peel the garlic. She's so excited now. ;)

My sister told me she likes to use the baster to suck out the grease from the pan when you cook ground beef. That way she doesn't have to burn herself with using paper towels, or drip everywhere and take forever using a spoon.

Stoneware in the microwave is a BIG one. I did a show last year for a group who thought they were "PC" veterns and they didn't know our stoneware could go in the microwave.

Ice cube demo in our cookware!

babywings76 said:
My sister told me she likes to use the baster to suck out the grease from the pan when you cook ground beef. That way she doesn't have to burn herself with using paper towels, or drip everywhere and take forever using a spoon.

I do this!!! Thanks for reminding me!

Keep em comming! You all rock!

I use the kitchen shears to cut things up in a bowl or jar. I love sundried tomatoes, but they are greasy and can leave a mess on the cutting board if you are doing a lot of stuff. So, I stick my kitchen shears in a short jar or bowl and it works great. I do this a lot with artichoke hearts!

babywings76 said:

This is a GREAT idea!! Thanks!!

To keep the pepper fresh, when you have only used half of it, keep the seeds attached to the left over part. the seeds retain the moisture, and the pepper will remain firm ( I expiramented with this, and after 2 weeks, pepper was still firm and usable)

use your deluxe cheese grater to grate the egg yolks for deviled eggs it will be smooth and not have lumps when making deviled egg with your EADuse the core and more to make avacodo balls to garnish tortilla soup much easier than eating wedgesuse the salad choppers to cut food for toddlersapple wedger makes bloomin onions APCS will make onion straws for deep fryinguse silicone basting brush to "paint" the glaze fancy bundt cakesshake the ice cream dipper before usedip the "pronged" side of the meat tenderizer in sugar and press onto peanut butter cookies instead of using a fork

use the food chopper to chop potatotes for your hashbrowns instead of grating them

Teresa Lynn said:
use your deluxe cheese grater to grate the egg yolks for deviled eggs it will be smooth and not have lumps when making deviled egg with your EAD

use the core and more to make avacodo balls to garnish tortilla soup much easier than eating wedges

use the salad choppers to cut food for toddlers

apple wedger makes bloomin onions APCS will make onion straws for deep frying

use silicone basting brush to "paint" the glaze fancy bundt cakes

shake the ice cream dipper before use

dip the "pronged" side of the meat tenderizer in sugar and press onto peanut butter cookies instead of using a fork That's CLEVER!:love:

When juicing a citrus fruit (lemon, orange, lime, etc.) press down on it with your palm and "roll" it back and forth on your cutting board. This will help break down some of the juice "packs" and it will juice much easier!

I do the same as Peachey and snip my herbs in a prep bowl with the kitchen shears

Remember that not everyone knows even the basics...help them know how to choose a fresh head of garlic (firm, dry head with no green sprouts) and that a head of garlic is made up of individual cloves. Some don't know and I have heard of people using a whole head of garlic when a recipe called for ONE CLOVE!

Having a birthday party? Buy ice cream in a half gallon squared off box container (if you can find them...they will work nicer than the rounded ones) and open the entire box. Then, use the crinkle cutter to "slice" off servings! OR you can use our ice cream scoop and scoop balls of ice cream onto a stone or one of our sheet pans covered with saran wrap. Cover and freeze well. When it's time for dessert, no one will have melted ice cream!

The food chopper fits perfectly into the middle hole of the TTA when you put it in UPSIDE DOWN! The lid keeps it from getting dusty inside of it!

"toast" nuts in the micro (on a stone!) for 10-15 seconds at a time till they smell nice and nutty. Anytime a recipe calls for nuts they will taste better if you toast them first! Seal leftovers in a plastic bag (squeeze excess air out) and freeze for longer shelf life!

"organize" your TTA. Scrapers all in one hole, whisks, bamboo...etc. That way, when you are looking for something it's easier to find!

That's all I can think of for now!

ththhavingaboy_afb.gif

use the cooling rack over the sink to frost cookies the mess will go right down the drain
cook bacon on the small bar pan in the microwave

You guys are awesome!!!

"Some don't know and I have heard of people using a whole head of garlic when a recipe called for ONE CLOVE!"

Um...what if you do this when you do know that a head is seperated into cloves?

yes I live alone and the dogs don't care about my breath.... ;-)

Reheat leftover pizza in your executive skillet on the stove. The bottom will be crispy again, not soggy. Quicker than stoneware, and not heating up the kitchen.

Use your egg separator to dust your pastry mat or your counter to roll out biscuits or pie crust

Wow you guys are on a roll, great ideas!!

laurichef said:
Reheat leftover pizza in your executive skillet on the stove. The bottom will be crispy again, not soggy. Quicker than stoneware, and not heating up the kitchen.

I never thought to do that! I usually use my toaster oven, but this way would be a lot faster, huh?! :)

make one huge pancake on the bar pan and cut it with the pizza cutter (a lot of mom's have loved this idea).The small bar pan fits in your toaster oven!! (this is by far my personally most used product)

babywings76 said:
I never thought to do that! I usually use my toaster oven, but this way would be a lot faster, huh?! :)

And the cheese does not ooze all over the place;)

use to cooling rack to press down PB cookies. PERFECT squares!

quiverfull7 said:
Use your egg separator to dust your pastry mat or your counter to roll out biscuits or pie crust

Boy I learned something, I had one of these in my drawer forever and all these years have been using it as a mini duster, as I'm reading this I'm like AHHH it is an egg separator. Thank you

use the core n more to seed tomatoes as well as make melon balls and hull strawberries. I never thought to use it to do the tomatoes...

mrssyvo said:
To keep the pepper fresh, when you have only used half of it, keep the seeds attached to the left over part. the seeds retain the moisture, and the pepper will remain firm ( I expiramented with this, and after 2 weeks, pepper was still firm and usable)

Lay the pepper on its side and cut it in half that way. Use the bottom half for your recipe, keep the stem and seeds and pepper intact and put in aluminum foil. at least 3 WEEKS later, you will still be able to use the pepper.
I have a contest going w/ customers on who can tell me exactly how many days before it turns. No one remembers to continuously check it!!

Chunks of cheese- remove them from the plastic wrap that they come in and wrap in foil. It closes it enough so it doesn't dry out, but "breathes" enough so it won't grow mold. My parm cheese lasts 4 weeks or more! (That is, if I don't use it all by then!!)

If you MUST use preshredded cheese (we all know the stories of cellulose and what that is...but I still use it sometimes!) then once you open it, start to seal it, fold it over and smash out all of the air and finish sealing it. Without a bunch of air in the bag, it will last MUCH LONGER!

KellyTheChef said:
Chunks of cheese- remove them from the plastic wrap that they come in and wrap in foil. It closes it enough so it doesn't dry out, but "breathes" enough so it won't grow mold. My parm cheese lasts 4 weeks or more! (That is, if I don't use it all by then!!)

Hmmm... My parmesan(sp?) eats thru foil?

My parm does that too...I just change the foil every once in a while. If it gets on the cheese, I just cut that part off. It will do that with softer cheeses, too after a while. I am sure some Alton Brown type person could explain the science behind it....but I just change the foil!! lol

And normally I buy Pecorino Romano which isn't even parm...but tastes the same to me (YUMMY!) and is usually WAY CHEAPER!!

When making deviled eggs, turn your egg carton on its side the night before boiling them. The eggs will yield perfectly centered yolks, and look smashing on your Chillzanne Rectangle Server!

Also, when baking cakes, if the ingredients are at room temperature, the cake will be much higher than if you use cold ingredients.

susanr613 said:
"Some don't know and I have heard of people using a whole head of garlic when a recipe called for ONE CLOVE!"

Um...what if you do this when you do know that a head is seperated into cloves?

yes I live alone and the dogs don't care about my breath.... ;-)

Susan, when do you want me and my family over for dinner?? :love::love:We all love garlic, and whenever I see 'one clove' in a recipe, I use at least 3!! My motto is 'you can never have too much garlic!"

By the way, will you be making latkes? I love them, but don't have the patience to make them.

Sarah

Humble Beginnings said:
Boy I learned something, I had one of these in my drawer forever and all these years have been using it as a mini duster, as I'm reading this I'm like AHHH it is an egg separator. Thank you

LOL!! Too funny. Just goes to prove not even consultants know all the uses for all the products (some, not even the ORIGINALLY INTENDED use!).

Sarah

pampered.chris said:
Lay the pepper on its side and cut it in half that way. Use the bottom half for your recipe, keep the stem and seeds and pepper intact and put in aluminum foil. at least 3 WEEKS later, you will still be able to use the pepper.
I have a contest going w/ customers on who can tell me exactly how many days before it turns. No one remembers to continuously check it!!

Instead of foil, I'd suggest the herb keeper. It works amazingly on herbs, so I'm sure it would work on peppers, etc, as well.

Sarah

*who is thinking she needs to learn how to use that multiple quote thingey*

The Baster works great for dispensing pancake batter onto the Double Burner Griddle. Easy to make them any size you want.

When you are giving a plant as a gift, use the Egg Separator as the card holder. Just put it in the plant upside down (handle in the pot) and slip the card into one of the slots. That way they end up with two gifts! You could also slip the Use and Care Guide into one of the slots.

The Cheese Knife also makes the best tomato slicer! That finely serrated edge is great.

A lot of my customers don't know that you can take themeasuring spoons apart to wash in the dishwasher. I had one customer call me after a show and said she went home and took hers apart and it was a nightmare what was inside.

Use the salad spinner (a different one from the one you wash food with) and hand wash and spin your fine delicates. I had a customer tell me she washes her unmentionables in this and spins dry. LOL

pampermejolene said:
make one huge pancake on the bar pan and cut it with the pizza cutter (a lot of mom's have loved this idea).

The small bar pan fits in your toaster oven!! (this is by far my personally most used product)

OK..I'm new how do you make the large pancake on the bar pan?

Use the Pizza Cutter to slice celery, cut through sandwiches, slice bread into cubes for croutons.

Improve pancake batter by mixing it the night before in the Classic Batter Bowl and make lighter, fluffier pancakes the next morning.

Use the Microfiber Towel to safely wipe off plasma tv screens.

Use a Cookware Protector in the Trifle Bowl by inserting it into the bowl BEFORE placing the base inside.

Use your rubs as a quick vegetable dip by using 1/2 c. mayo and 1/2 sour cream in a prep bowl with 1 tsp. of your favorite rub.

DessertDivaFL said:
Use your rubs as a quick vegetable dip by using 1/2 c. mayo and 1/2 sour cream in a prep bowl with 1 tsp. of your favorite rub.

I love doing this and often bring these dips to parties. They always go over very well. It's so quick and easy and it tastes so good!

pchefkristin said:
When making deviled eggs, turn your egg carton on its side the night before boiling them. The eggs will yield perfectly centered yolks, and look smashing on your Chillzanne Rectangle Server!
So cool!!! Can't wait to try this one out. Never been particularly great with deviled eggs. :rolleyes:

pampermejolene said:
make one huge pancake on the bar pan and cut it with the pizza cutter (a lot of mom's have loved this idea).
This I am very excited about! How long do you cook it for and at what temp?

These are all such awesome ideas...alot of them I have heard before but I am learning a lot of new things to. Can't wait to see the finished "project"!

Use the salad spinner (a different one from the one you wash food with) and hand wash and spin your fine delicates. I had a customer tell me she washes her unmentionables in this and spins dry. LOL[/QUOTE]

I always say this as a joke at my shows, not realizing people actually do it!!
Hmm, I'd think twice about eating the salad at her house...:rolleyes:

When making brownies in the mini-muffin pan, you can put the remaining batter in the small bar pan, so all your brownies are done at the same time.

When baking a chocolate cake- dust the pan with espresso chocolate, or even a packet of hot cocoa, to prevent the flour look on the bottom of your cake.

Don't forget that you can make a quick cake in the rice cooker plus in the microwave.

The batter bowls are great in the freezer to hold shrimp, for a quick addition to a salad.

Did you know you can cook a chicken in the stoneware fluted pan? along with all the carrots and potatoes?

make that the prep bowls to hold shrimp not the batter bowl-oops

For a decorative look at the holidays, press soften butter into the silicone molds (I like the rose the best). Place the mold into the fridge and 15 minutes later you pop out fancy butter molds.

To avoid children using too much ketchup, use the SA mini squares. Kids think they are fun, and you really will save on ketchup. They work great for dip too! For adults I used the mini squares to serve the apple berry salsa. It was easier to get up onto a chip than when just on a plate.

Did you know that our trifle recipes can easily be made in the prep bowls? With the lids, your mini desserts will stack nicely in the fridge. Everyone can even make their own desserts using the prep bowls. (if they don't like blueberries, they don't have to add it).

A prep bowl with hold 3 eggs beaten, bacon bits, shredded cheese, etc. for your favorite omelette. All you have to do is grab the bowl and dump into your pan or (my GT Xpress 101). You can have everyone's favorite omelettes ready to go.

I found out today that the Nylon Pan Scraper is great to remove "unknown leftover things" under my grandson's booster seat. He has a habit of "hiding things for later". It came right off. We have no idea how long it had been under there. It looked like a science experiment....:eek:

I let the kids at my Kids in the Kitchen Camp use the Creative Cutters to make "mini sandwiches" with cutting the bread, cheese, and turkey separately and then stacking them back together.:chef:

When I first got my Garlic Press and bought my first "fresh" garlic, I had no clue there was individual cloves until I peeled it! LOL!:)

Take your STARTER KIT to all shows, and just add the 1 or 2 pieces you need for a given recipe - makes the job effortless and is an awesome visual aid to entice folks to begin their business.

I just did this Saturday and got a recruit lead and booked 2 shows! SO much easier than dragging 4-5 bins of stuff.

Right
on
Scott
Since
I've
done
that
it
makes
my
job
look
so
easy
and
more
interesting
to
others

<h2>1. How can I easily chop onions without crying?</h2><p>One of the best tips for chopping onions without crying is to refrigerate them for about 30 minutes before cutting. This helps to reduce the release of the onion's irritant compounds. You can also try using a sharp knife and cutting near a running faucet to help disperse the onion's fumes.</p><h2>2. What is the best way to clean my stoneware?</h2><p>The best way to clean stoneware is to use a nylon scraper or a stiff-bristled brush to remove any food debris. Then, rinse with hot water and wipe with a paper towel. Avoid using soap, as it can be absorbed into the stoneware and affect the taste of your food.</p><h2>3. How can I prevent my baked goods from sticking to the pan?</h2><p>To prevent sticking, make sure to properly grease your baking pan with cooking spray or butter before adding your batter. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal. Additionally, using stoneware or non-stick pans can also help prevent sticking.</p><h2>4. What is the best way to clean my non-stick cookware?</h2><p>The best way to clean non-stick cookware is to hand wash with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaning products, as they can scratch the non-stick coating. If there are stubborn stains, you can try soaking the cookware in warm, soapy water before washing.</p><h2>5. How can I easily remove garlic odor from my hands?</h2><p>To remove garlic odor from your hands, rub them with a stainless steel utensil under cold running water. You can also try rubbing your hands with lemon juice or vinegar, or using a mixture of baking soda and water as a scrub. Washing your hands with soap and warm water can also help remove the smell.</p>

1. How can I easily chop onions without crying?

One of the best tips for chopping onions without crying is to refrigerate them for about 30 minutes before cutting. This helps to reduce the release of the onion's irritant compounds. You can also try using a sharp knife and cutting near a running faucet to help disperse the onion's fumes.

2. What is the best way to clean my stoneware?

The best way to clean stoneware is to use a nylon scraper or a stiff-bristled brush to remove any food debris. Then, rinse with hot water and wipe with a paper towel. Avoid using soap, as it can be absorbed into the stoneware and affect the taste of your food.

3. How can I prevent my baked goods from sticking to the pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to properly grease your baking pan with cooking spray or butter before adding your batter. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal. Additionally, using stoneware or non-stick pans can also help prevent sticking.

4. What is the best way to clean my non-stick cookware?

The best way to clean non-stick cookware is to hand wash with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaning products, as they can scratch the non-stick coating. If there are stubborn stains, you can try soaking the cookware in warm, soapy water before washing.

5. How can I easily remove garlic odor from my hands?

To remove garlic odor from your hands, rub them with a stainless steel utensil under cold running water. You can also try rubbing your hands with lemon juice or vinegar, or using a mixture of baking soda and water as a scrub. Washing your hands with soap and warm water can also help remove the smell.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies