• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some delicious recipes using brie and satay pasta?

In summary, this appetizer is made with apples and cranberries and is covered in brie. It is easy to prepare and can be served warm or cold.
lauriedip
I have a round of brie i need to use. anyone have a favorite recipe that guests like for this?

also, has anyone made the satay pasta? like it?
where do you find the asian lite vinegarette dressing?

Have a great Sunday!
Laurie

MMmmmm, Satay pasta! YUM! I have made this and you can find the viniagrette in the dressing aisle - however - whenever I decide to make it I never have any on hand so I make the reicpe on the bottle of Asian seasoning.

Brie...seems like there was one in SB fall of '07 that had jalapenos in it..I'll see if I can find the right recipe and post it.

The Pampered Chef ®
Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie
Recipe

1/2 cup pecan halves
1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 4-inch round (8 ounces) Brie cheese with rind, room temperature
1 loaf (16 ounces) French baguette
Vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 425°F. Coarsely chop pecans using Chef's Knife. Chop jalapeño using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine jalapeño and preserves; mix well using Skinny Scraper.

Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, cut side up, onto center of Large Round Stone. Spread half of the apricot mixture evenly over bottom half of Brie using Small Spreader. Top with half of the pecans and remaining half of Brie, cut side up. Spread remaining apricot mixture over Brie; sprinkle with remaining pecans.

Using Bread Knife, cut baguette on a bias into twenty-four 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange baguette slices around Brie; spray with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 8-10 minutes or until baguette slices are golden brown and Brie begins to soften. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve using Bamboo Spreader.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 400 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: Wear plastic gloves when working with jalapeño peppers. The juice from the peppers can create a burning sensation on the skin.

For a simple garnish, slice a jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise using Petite Paring Knife. Brush cut surface with apricot jam. Place next to Brie before baking.

This recipe can also be prepared on the Large Bar Pan, if desired.

Camembert cheese can be substituted for the Brie, if desired.

Variations: Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Brie: Substitute 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, patted dry and chopped for the apricot preserves. Substitute 1 tablespoon prepared basil pesto for the jalapeño pepper and 1/4 cup pine nuts for the pecans. Proceed as recipe directs.

Nutrients per serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 420 mg, Fiber 2 g

Brown Sugar Dijon Brie: Substitute 1/2 cup brown sugar for the apricot preserves, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard for the jalapeño pepper and 1/2 cup sliced almonds for the pecans. Reserve 1/4 cup of the almonds. Chop remaining almonds; combine brown sugar, chopped almonds and mustard. Assemble as directed in Step 2; top with reserved almonds. Proceed as recipe directs.

Nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 430 mg, Fiber 2 g

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you! Can't wait to try them and I didn't see the recipe on the asian seasoning, that is great, many blessings to you!
Laurie

Brown Sugar Dijon Brie is my favorite and uses pretty normal ingredients that I always have in my house, other than the brie.I love the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad. It's a favorite of mine. I use the Asian dressing on the MMP. Otherwise, I've found the Lite Asian Dressing at the grocery store. I think it was Kraft, but I didn't see any the last time I looked.

This is my favorite that I offer for my hosts every holiday.

Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries

Our Small Bar Pan keeps this classy appetizer warm, allowing guests to savor every bite. Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 12-15 minutes

1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium)
1/4 cup sliced natural almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon (I provide at your show)
1tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)
Canapé French Bread , toasted

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop apple with Food Chopper. Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in Small Batter Bowl; mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened. Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on Small Bar Pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers. Yield: 8 servings Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber less than 1 g Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat (1/2 carb) Variation: Baked Brie with Pesto & Mushrooms: Using Food Chopper, chop 4 ounces mushrooms (1 cup) and 1/2 cup seasoned croutons. In Small (8-in.) Sauté Pan, cook mushrooms in 2 teaspoons olive oil 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat; remove pan from heat. Add chopped croutons and 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto; mix gently. Assemble and bake Brie as recipe directs.

Anyone try substituting the Thai Peanut Sauce in the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad recipe? in place of the dressing, seasoning mix and maybe peanut butter?

Haven't done that Trish, but did put a little on my leftovers and it was good!

Wishbone makes an Asian vinegrette that tastes great for the Satay pasta salad. I've tried the "Ken's" brand when I couldn't find the Wishbone one, but didn't care for it as much.

What ingredients are needed for the Brie Recipe, Satay Pasta?

The Brie Recipe, Satay Pasta calls for 8 ounces of uncooked linguine, 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 1/4 cup of honey, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of grated gingerroot, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes, 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and 4 ounces of Brie cheese.

Can I use a different type of pasta for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta you prefer for the Brie Recipe, Satay Pasta. However, linguine is recommended for its long and thin shape that allows the sauce to cling to it.

How do I prepare the Brie cheese for this recipe?

The Brie cheese should be cut into small cubes before adding it to the pasta. Make sure to remove the rind before cubing the cheese.

Do I have to use chicken in this recipe?

No, you can substitute the chicken with another protein such as shrimp or tofu. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the protein is fully cooked.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

This recipe is best served immediately after cooking. However, you can prepare the sauce and cut the chicken and Brie cheese ahead of time to save time. Cook the pasta and chicken just before serving and then add the sauce and cheese to the cooked pasta.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
heat123
  • sueleeskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies