• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brie Recipe Needed (Something Other Then Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie)

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who made a successful Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie for a host's open house. However, the next host for Thursday night refused to have the same brie because of the jalapeno pepper. The consultant is looking for a simple and delicious brie recipe to make in a hurry before the open house. Another consultant suggests a Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries recipe from the Cook's Companion cookbook. The recipe includes ingredients and instructions for making the dish. There are also two variations of the Tangy Pepper Brie recipe mentioned, one with sun-dried tomato pesto and the other with brown sugar and Dijon mustard.
CAPCnewbie
I have two open houses this week with other DS companies and for my host this evening, I made the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie which was a huge hit. The first host bought the ingredients and even bought extra for the host for tomorrow night. (they are friends). But as soon as Thursday nights host saw that the brie used a jalapeno pepper, she said no way. I even tried to convince her to try it tonight to see that it was not too strong tasting but she refuses. So she does have the brie but wants a different brie recipe. I will only have time to quickly stop at the grocery store on my way to her open house so can someone please suggest a really simple, great recipe that uses brie??? TIA

That one with the cranberries and apples is so good!! Let me find it!

There's one called Honey-Apple Brie Bites on CC, in the Holiday Recipes at the bottom of the main page. Haven't tried it, but plan to make it tomorrow/today.

Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries
Our Small Bar Pan keeps this classy appetizer warm, allowing guests to savor every bite.

Prep time: 15 minutes

Bake time: 12-15 minutes

1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium)

1/4 cup sliced natural almonds

1/4 cup dried cranberries

1 tablespoon packed brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon

1tablespoon butter or margarine, melted

1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)

Canapé French Bread , toasted

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop apple with Food Chopper. Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in Small Batter Bowl; mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened.

Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on Small Bar Pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat (1/2 carb)

Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries Our Small Bar Pan keeps this classy appetizer warm, allowing guests to savor every bite. Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 12-15 minutes 1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium)
1/4 cup sliced natural almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon (I provide at your show)
1tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)
Canapé French Bread , toasted Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop apple with Food Chopper. Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in Small Batter Bowl; mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened. Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on Small Bar Pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers. Yield: 8 servings Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber less than 1 g Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat (1/2 carb) Variation: Baked Brie with Pesto & Mushrooms: Using Food Chopper, chop 4 ounces mushrooms (1 cup) and 1/2 cup seasoned croutons. In Small (8-in.) Sauté Pan, cook mushrooms in 2 teaspoons olive oil 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat; remove pan from heat. Add chopped croutons and 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto; mix gently. Assemble and bake Brie as recipe directs.
---------------------------------------------------------

There are 2 variations to the Tangy Pepper Brie in the SB. I have tried the Brown Sugar one and it was very good, too.

Not sure if it was in the Canada SB:

Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Brie: Substitute 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, patted dry and chopped for the apricot preserves. Substitute 1 tablespoon prepared basil pesto for the jalapeño pepper and 1/4 cup pine nuts for the pecans. Proceed as recipe directs.

Brown Sugar Dijon Brie: Substitute 1/2 cup brown sugar for the apricot preserves, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard for the jalapeño pepper and 1/2 cup sliced almonds for the pecans. Reserve 1/4 cup of the almonds. Chop remaining almonds; combine brown sugar, chopped almonds and mustard. Assemble as directed in Step 2; top with reserved almonds. Proceed as recipe directs.

I love to just slice the brie open, pour in some Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce, put it back together, and back until the brie is melty. :)

There's one called Honey-Apple Brie Bites on CC, in the Holiday Recipes at the bottom of the main page. Haven't tried it, but plan to make it tomorrow/today.

I've done that one for a demo last week but in canada we cant seem to find the prepared phyllo shells and its super tricky to work with the pastry. It was good though but too time consuming for me. LOL

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. It looks as though the apple and cranberry one is popular:)

So it will be that one or the brown sugar dijon one.

Thanks!

the brown sugar dijon one is good

ChefBeckyD said:
I love to just slice the brie open, pour in some Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce, put it back together, and back until the brie is melty. :)

I was just thinking about this combo yesterday and wondering if it was any good. How could it not be though, right?

DebbieJ said:
the brown sugar dijon one is good

I do this one & add cranberries & nuts The guests go CRAZY!!!

Is the apple cranberry recipe you two posted above published anywhere? TIA!

jackieblue said:
Is the apple cranberry recipe you two posted above published anywhere? TIA!

Its from one of the old cook books, can't remember which one.

It is in the Celebrate! Cookbook.

Thank you!

1. How do I make a Brie dish without using Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie?

There are many delicious Brie recipes that don't use Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie. You can try a classic Brie en croute with puff pastry, a baked Brie with honey and nuts, or a Brie and cranberry phyllo tart.

2. Can I use different types of cheese for a Brie recipe?

Absolutely! While Brie is a popular choice for appetizers, you can use other soft cheeses like Camembert or goat cheese for a different flavor. You can also experiment with different types of Brie, such as smoked Brie or herbed Brie.

3. What are some creative additions I can add to my Brie recipe?

There are endless possibilities for adding unique toppings and flavors to your Brie dish. Some popular options include fig jam, caramelized onions, roasted garlic, or sliced apples. You can also try adding herbs and spices like rosemary, thyme, or black pepper.

4. Can I make a Brie dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare your Brie dish ahead of time and refrigerate it until you're ready to bake and serve it. This is a great option for parties and gatherings. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap before refrigerating.

5. What are some easy Brie recipes for beginners?

If you're new to cooking with Brie, try a simple baked Brie with honey and almonds or a Brie and cranberry grilled cheese sandwich. These recipes require minimal ingredients and are easy to make. You can also find many beginner-friendly Brie recipes on the Pampered Chef website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
letscook04
Replies
Views
pamperedposey
  • Get_Pampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76