• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Is the Host Upset About the Bridal Shower Invite?

In summary, the bride's name should be entered into the form for the show information, not the host's name.
flemings99
Gold Member
:eek:So you would assume that if you are setting up the host information for a bridal shower on your website that the invite would read correctly.....

Host brought to my attention this evening that the invite says...You're invited to-----shower. It fills in the host name in the sentence. Then on the right hand side in the box with show info. it says hosted by----. The same person as it fills in the first sentence. GEEZ!

So my host is upset b/c if we put the bride's name in the form as the host, the sentence reads correctly but then lists her as hosting her own shower!! Tacky! If we put the host name in the form for the show set up, it list the host as who the shower is for and as the host.

Have e-mailed HO to see if they can correct the problem. I'd never have even noticed had the host not brought this to my attention! Guess I should pay closer attention.

Send a suggestion to Tech Support to change the form so that there is a separate space to put in the Bride's name, and for the invite to pull from there.

I had this issue too! I totally sold my host on this great feature/ service on my website! Then I was so embarrassed when I couldn't make it work right. I called HO-tech support and there is no way around it. Nothing they could do. They suggested e-mailing a suggestion. Who knows how many e-mails they have to receive before something is done. Basically the e-vites for bridal showers are worthless. So don't offer them to the host or bride.I feel your frustration!

Good gracious. You'd think if they can figure out how to put Co-Hosts' on an invitation, they could do a "Bride" field! That shouldn't be that hard to program.Just keep sending them the emails.

lovecookn said:
I had this issue too! I totally sold my host on this great feature/ service on my website! Then I was so embarrassed when I couldn't make it work right. I called HO-tech support and there is no way around it. Nothing they could do. They suggested e-mailing a suggestion. Who knows how many e-mails they have to receive before something is done. Basically the e-vites for bridal showers are worthless. So don't offer them to the host or bride.

I feel your frustration!

:mad: You have got to be kidding me! You'd think they would be embarrassed by the situation and have it resolved immediately. I can't believe it is that difficult. Crossing my fingers that it gets fixed this time. Just scheduled another bridal shower last night. :sing:

Here's what I got back this morning from HO.

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. As with all e-invitations, only the host
name is shown. This is a known issue, and I have notified our developers on your behalf.

I have been less than impressed with the resources HO provides for Wedding Registries/Showers, etc. This just add to it.

What is a "Bride to Host Her Own Shower?!"

A "Bride to Host Her Own Shower?!" is a bridal shower where the bride herself takes on the role of hosting the event instead of having someone else, such as a family member or friend, host it for her.

Is it appropriate for a bride to host her own shower?

Yes, it is becoming more common for brides to host their own shower. It allows the bride to have more control over the event and can be a fun way for her to celebrate with her friends and family.

What are the benefits of a bride hosting her own shower?

Hosting your own shower allows you to personalize the event to your preferences and ensures that all of your favorite foods and activities are included. It also takes the pressure off of someone else having to plan and host the shower.

Should the bride still receive gifts if she is hosting her own shower?

Yes, the bride should still receive gifts at her shower. It is a tradition for guests to bring gifts to celebrate the bride and her upcoming marriage. However, the bride should not expect or ask for gifts.

What are some ideas for a bride to host her own shower?

Some ideas for a bride to host her own shower include having a themed party, hosting a cooking or baking class, or having a spa day with her friends. Other ideas could be a backyard BBQ, a wine tasting, or a craft party. The options are endless and can be tailored to the bride's interests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • mechelle