1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Bride to host her own shower?!

1. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

:eek:So you would assume that if you are setting up the host information for a bridal shower on your website that the invite would read correctly.....

Host brought to my attention this evening that the invite says...You're invited to-----shower. It fills in the host name in the sentence. Then on the right hand side in the box with show info. it says hosted by----. The same person as it fills in the first sentence. GEEZ!

So my host is upset b/c if we put the bride's name in the form as the host, the sentence reads correctly but then lists her as hosting her own shower!! Tacky! If we put the host name in the form for the show set up, it list the host as who the shower is for and as the host.

Have e-mailed HO to see if they can correct the problem. I'd never have even noticed had the host not brought this to my attention! Guess I should pay closer attention.

Oct 20, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Send a suggestion to Tech Support to change the form so that there is a separate space to put in the Bride's name, and for the invite to pull from there.

Oct 20, 2009
  3. lovecookn

lovecookn Member Gold Member

I had this issue too! I totally sold my host on this great feature/ service on my website! Then I was so embarrassed when I couldn't make it work right. I called HO-tech support and there is no way around it. Nothing they could do. They suggested e-mailing a suggestion. Who knows how many e-mails they have to receive before something is done. Basically the e-vites for bridal showers are worthless. So don't offer them to the host or bride.

I feel your frustration!

Oct 20, 2009
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Good gracious. You'd think if they can figure out how to put Co-Hosts' on an invitation, they could do a "Bride" field! That shouldn't be that hard to program.

Just keep sending them the emails.

Oct 20, 2009
  5. flemings99

:mad: You have got to be kidding me! You'd think they would be embarrassed by the situation and have it resolved immediately. I can't believe it is that difficult. Crossing my fingers that it gets fixed this time. Just scheduled another bridal shower last night. :sing:

Oct 21, 2009
  6. flemings99

Here's what I got back this morning from HO.

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. As with all e-invitations, only the host
    name is shown. This is a known issue, and I have notified our developers on your behalf.

Oct 21, 2009
  7. gwyn26

gwyn26 Novice Member

I have been less than impressed with the resources HO provides for Wedding Registries/Showers, etc. This just add to it.

Oct 25, 2009
Have something to add?