1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Bride Info on Registry

1. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

I'm in process my first Bridal Shower the end of August. I went to set up the shower on my personal website and realized I didn't have the bride's address to complete the set-up. I went into Consultants Corner, Managing My Business and into Wedding Showers -- just the bride and grooms name and the wedding date is listed, plus their items on the registry. Do we as consultants get more info off the registry than that? I just assumed :confused: that their address would be there. Is there another place to look for it? The bride is so busy that I hate to call her with another question, especially because I dropped the ball on this detail!

Aug 4, 2009
  2. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

If you know the bride is registered somewhere else, like Macy's, you can look her name up and get the address to ship from there. I once lost the groom's name which I needed to set up my registry. I just went to Target and found they were registered there, and got the groom's name. Target didn't show the address though. Otherwise, can you get a hold of a family member you could ask? or her maid of honor?

3. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Just thought I'd share what I found out after digging.... After reading through the Wedding Registry tutorial the Bride indicated she didn't want to be contacted by a consultant when she initially registered. When the couple indicates that the Bride and Groom's name is in light gray and not accessible to the consultant. Although we can go and check out what is on her registry, we can not update it at all or see any of the profile information. According to the tutorial the Bride can go in and check off that a consultant can contact her or not contact her.

What I think happened with my Bride is that we had talked about setting up the registry beforehand and thus she thought it wasn't necessary for me to contact her after she set it up as long as we had already talked.

The registry is very unclear with that option -- it says: "We can have your Consultant Contact you, if you wish. Or, if you don't want to be contacted, you can call us directly at (Solution Center)....

Would you like your Consultant to contact you? (more information link)

Yes! Please have my Consultant Contact me about my Registry.

No, thank you. I would prefer not to be contacted at this time."

just sounds like the couple would not be contacted by a consultant initially -- not indicating that the consultant would not be able to access the registry at all. PC could have better wording. Of course, I don't know what is spelled out in the link after the initial question and if the Bride read it.

I've emailed the Bride and asked her to go in and change her preference if she so wishes. If she chooses not too, it will be a lot of work for her after her Bridal Shower to update the Registry -- which I gently explained.

Aug 6, 2009
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I would definitely email HO too, Tech Support won't know that the wording isn't good if you don't tell them. I've experienced similar issues with Individual Orders online. I was helping a friend place an order online, and she clicked the button not to share info while I was standing right next to her! The wording makes it seem like the info goes to HO to be shared with some random consultant.

Aug 6, 2009
Have something to add?