• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower - No Games, No Demo..what to Do?

In summary, the speaker is discussing plans for a bridal shower this weekend. They have a good relationship with the family but have not met the bride yet. The speaker was told there would be no games or demos, but they agreed to bring a recipe and discuss products on the bride's wish list. The speaker also suggests offering a prize for the guest who has been married the longest. They ask for suggestions and later provide an update on the successful shower. They also share a tip for using lemon pie filling instead of lemon curd in a recipe from the new desserts cookbook.
jody
Gold Member
I have a bridal shower this weekend. I love the family (I was classmates with the oldest son), but have not yet meet the bride. I was told that there wasn't a plan to do any games and that they would prefer that I did not do a demo. I agreed to make a recipe beforehand and bring it to the shower. I told them I'd talk about how I made it with our products and then also talk about some of the other products on the bride's wish list, as well as some extra pieces that I think would spark some attention from potential buyers. Rather than do games, I thought I would offer a Season's Best to the woman who has been married the most years, etc. Does anyone have other ideas? I may still do a game that doesn't really involve the bride - it sounds like she wants no attention drawn to herself and the family is trying their best to accomodate her. :confused: Suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Jody

There are some great suggestions in the threads listed below.

raebates said:
There are some great suggestions in the threads listed below.

I am going to be having the same situation and would love to visit the thread but I don't see any listed. Am I missing something?

Here's an update on what went down for the shower on Sunday. First of all, when we sent out the invitations we included a recipe card and asked everyone to bring a recipe. I purchased a small recipe box/index card holder. I found online a "recipe for a happy marriage" (there were a couple of different versions, and put it on a large label and pasted it to the outside of the recipe box. I read it out loud as my recruit (who came along to observe) collected the recipes from the guests. The bride seemed to like it. I also got a plain white apron (not from Pampered Chef) and put it out on a table with markers at the check out area so people could sign it after or before we totaled up their order. The guests loved that and wrote some really great messages. I brought with me as many items on the bride's wish list as I could, talked about them and their features, and also brought some other big ticket items with me that I thought guests would be interested in and talked about them. I made lemon drop cookies and the raspberry-champagne cream cake from the new desserts cookbook. I also made up recipe cards for the lemon drop cookies and put my contact info on the other side with a message that said "in celebration of their union, Jason and Kris........, May 22, 2010." We handed out catalogs, the bridal shower order form, and the bride's wish list. I also printed the bride's registry from the Internet, cut the items with pictures into strips and put the pictures either next to the items that I brought with me or put them on my large bamboo tray for people to pick from and bring to the check out station. A lot of people opted to give cash for the bride to pick her own items, so there were only about 10 items actually chosen from the bride's list and more than $600 in cash given for her to pick her own things. The show at this point is at $1300. It went really well and was so easy to do since I didn't have to clean anything up except the two platters that I brought the desserts on.

By the way, if anyone makes the lemon drop cookies in the new desserts cookbook, I thought I'd share that I used lemon pie filling instead of lemon curd for the filling. No store in my area carried lemon curd and when I googled lemon curd to find a recipe to make it, I discovered I didn't have enough eggs at home. The final result was tasty with the lemon pie filling, so I shared that with the guests at the show.

photochef said:
I am going to be having the same situation and would love to visit the thread but I don't see any listed. Am I missing something?

The threads are listed below all these comments, scroll to the bottom of the page. :)

jody said:
Here's an update on what went down for the shower on Sunday. First of all, when we sent out the invitations we included a recipe card and asked everyone to bring a recipe. I purchased a small recipe box/index card holder. I found online a "recipe for a happy marriage" (there were a couple of different versions, and put it on a large label and pasted it to the outside of the recipe box. I read it out loud as my recruit (who came along to observe) collected the recipes from the guests. The bride seemed to like it. I also got a plain white apron (not from Pampered Chef) and put it out on a table with markers at the check out area so people could sign it after or before we totaled up their order. The guests loved that and wrote some really great messages. I brought with me as many items on the bride's wish list as I could, talked about them and their features, and also brought some other big ticket items with me that I thought guests would be interested in and talked about them. I made lemon drop cookies and the raspberry-champagne cream cake from the new desserts cookbook. I also made up recipe cards for the lemon drop cookies and put my contact info on the other side with a message that said "in celeration of their union, Jason and Kris........, May 22, 2010." We handed out catalogs, the bridal shower order form, and the bride's wish list. I also printed the bride's registry from the Internet, cut the items with pictures into strips and put the pictures either next to the items that I brought with me or put them on my large bamboo tray for people to pick from and bring to the check out station. A lot of people opted to give cash for the bride to pick her own items, so there were only about 10 items actually chosen from the bride's list and more than $600 in cash given for her to pick her own things. The show at this point is at $1300. It went really well and was so easy to do since I didn't have to clean anything up except the two platters that I brought the desserts on.

By the way, if anyone makes the lemon drop cookies in the new desserts cookbook, I thought I'd share that I used lemon pie filling instead of lemon curd for the filling. No store in my area carried lemon curd and when I googled lemon curd to find a recipe to make it, I discovered I didn't have enough eggs at home. The final result was tasty with the lemon pie filling, so I shared that with the guests at the show.

Way to go Jody! :)

Congratulations! Sounds like you did a great job.

What kind of activities can we do at a bridal shower without games or product demonstrations?

There are plenty of fun and creative activities you can do at a bridal shower without games or demonstrations. Some ideas include a DIY flower arrangement station, a cooking or baking class, a group spa day, a wine or cocktail tasting, or a craft workshop.

How can we make the bridal shower more special without traditional games?

Instead of games, you can focus on creating a personalized and meaningful experience for the bride-to-be. This could include having each guest share a special memory or piece of advice for the couple, creating a scrapbook or photo album, or organizing a group activity that the bride enjoys.

What are some budget-friendly options for a game-free bridal shower?

There are plenty of budget-friendly options for a bridal shower without games or demonstrations. You could have a potluck-style brunch or dinner, plan a picnic or outdoor BBQ, have a movie night with the bride's favorite films, or organize a group outing to a local attraction or event.

Are there any alternatives to traditional bridal shower games that still involve the guests?

Yes, there are many alternatives to traditional bridal shower games that involve the guests. You could have a themed dress-up photo booth, create a trivia game about the couple's relationship, have a group karaoke session, or plan a scavenger hunt with tasks related to the bride and groom.

How can we incorporate the bride's interests and hobbies into the bridal shower without games or demos?

One way to incorporate the bride's interests and hobbies into the shower is by planning activities or games that reflect her personality. For example, if she loves cooking, you could have a recipe exchange or a cooking competition. If she enjoys art, you could have a painting or pottery class. You could also plan a surprise outing to a place she has always wanted to visit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Lisa F.
  • Meigs