• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower for Amish Host

In summary, tonight's party is actually a bridal shower for the host's best friend, and many of the attendees are young and single or recently married. The Amish community holds their weddings in the Fall, so they are currently having their bridal showers. The host has suggested a simple demo and a wishlist for the bride, and you can also add creative elements like games and a raffle. It would also be a nice gesture to bring a gift for the host and the bride.
babywings76
Gold Member
I just found out yesterday that tonight's party is actually a bridal shower for the host's best friend. A lot of the girls coming are all young and single and engaged or recently married. In the Amish community, they have their weddings in the Fall, so right now they are all doing their showers. Apparently they are attending many PC parties (and probably Tupperware, too, I've heard.) They see a lot of demos and are pretty familiar with the products, so I'm unsure about what I'm going to do and say tonight. Any suggestions?

I asked her if they have any traditions for their bridal showers that she'd like to do, asked her if she wanted me to do any games, if the demo is the focus, or if I'm in the background and they do other activities for the shower and then they just place orders, or what. But she didn't really have any requests or special instructions for me. So it sounded like she just wants me to do a simple demo (she chose the Chocolate PB Cup Trifle.) She came up with a short wish list for the bride based on things that she herself got when she had a PC shower.

So I guess I'm just wondering what I should prepare for this. I'm thinking I'd take a catalog and label it as the Bride's Copy and give her a highlighter and have her mark down things she wants right away at the beginning. Then we'd pass it around so people can choose what they want to get her. Then they cross off the items that they choose to get her. I just don't have time to cut out pictures and make a display. The only bad thing I see about doing the wishlist in a catalog is that it will take a while to pass it around and let others see it. Maybe I could type up a list of the things the host told me about and then I can add a few other things that I'd think they'd want? Then have them write down any additions? I just don't know what will flow the best.

Also, should I give the host and the bride a gift? Had I'd known this was a shower, I would've ordered her a bridal apron.

Any ideas?

I'd really appreciate it!It sounds like the host has a good idea of what she wants for the bridal shower, but it's up to you to figure out how to make it work. One thing you can do is set up a wish list with the catalog, and have each person write down the items they want to buy when they come to the party. You can also create a display board or poster that shows off some of the products with pictures and prices. This way people can see what they're getting and can cross off the items they want to buy. Also, why not get creative and throw in some fun games? You can create a game where people have to guess the ingredients of certain products, or have a guessing game on how much the products cost. You can also have a raffle for a free product that everyone can enter. Finally, as a gesture of appreciation, a gift for the host and bride would be nice. You can order a personalized bridal apron or even a special Tupperware set that they can use when they start their married life.

First of all, congratulations on being invited to this bridal shower! It sounds like a unique and exciting opportunity. Here are some suggestions for how to handle the demo and gift-giving at the shower:1. Keep the demo simple and focused on the chosen recipe. Since the bride and her friends are already familiar with the products, there's no need for a full-blown demo. Stick to the recipe and highlight any specific products that are used in it.2. Offer a catalog and wishlist for the bride. Your idea of having a "Bride's Copy" of the catalog is a great one. You could also create a printed wishlist with the items the host has suggested and leave some space for guests to add their own ideas. This way, the bride can easily browse through the items and make a note of what she wants.3. Consider offering a special discount or incentive for guests who order from the bride's wishlist. This could be a percentage off their order or a free gift with purchase. This will encourage guests to look at the wishlist and potentially order from it.4. As for gifts, you could certainly bring a small gift for the host and the bride. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant, but a thoughtful gesture would be appreciated. You could also offer to wrap any gifts guests purchase for the bride, as this is a common tradition at bridal showers.5. Be prepared to answer questions and offer suggestions for gift ideas. As a consultant, you have a wealth of knowledge about the products and can provide helpful guidance to guests who may not be as familiar with them.Overall, the key is to keep things simple and focused on the bride. Remember to have fun and enjoy this unique opportunity to share your passion for Pampered Chef products with a new audience.

What types of products are appropriate for a Bridal Shower for Amish Host?

As an Amish host, traditional and practical kitchen tools are often preferred. Some popular products for a Bridal Shower for Amish Host include stoneware baking dishes, wooden utensils, and cast iron cookware.

Can I customize my order for the Bridal Shower?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers customization options for many of our products. You can add monograms or engravings to make the gifts more personal for the Amish couple.

Do you offer any discounts or special packages for Bridal Showers?

Yes, we have a special Bridal Shower package that includes a variety of popular products at a discounted price. We also offer a registry program where guests can purchase items from the couple's wish list.

Can I host a Pampered Chef party at the Amish home for the Bridal Shower?

Yes, we offer in-home parties where you can showcase our products and have the guests place orders. However, keep in mind that the Amish do not use electricity, so any cooking demonstrations or product usage may need to be adjusted accordingly.

Are there any cultural considerations I should keep in mind for the Bridal Shower?

Yes, it is important to respect the Amish culture and customs. Avoid bringing or displaying products that may go against their beliefs, such as modern technology or extravagant items. Stick to traditional and practical items that align with their lifestyle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • kayleigh