• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower for a Family Member

The guests mind the host having their info, but they don't mind if the host orders something as a guest. They would prefer if the host bought something that would qualify it as a show in their own name, but they don't mind if the host orders something as a guest.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
My 2nd cousin is hosting a bridal shower for her soon-to-be sister-in-law to which I'm invited but also the consultant for. How does that work as far as me getting a gift for her? I always put the orders under the guests name but I can't put myself in as a guest. Should I just put the order under the bride's name?

How about paying for one of her half price items?

Put it under the bride's name and then pay for it in the end before you submit the show.

Technically the host/bride cannot also be a guest. I put the gifts others purchase for the bride under the groom's name as a guest. That way everything is in "their" name and they won't have issues if they need to return/exchange anything.

In the new web, you absolutely can not put the bride in as a guest! Will not let you!

As for ordering a gift for the bride, if you put all the gifts under the groom's name, it doesn't matter that it is from you. You will just want to keep track of who is buying what for the b & g so they can send thank you notes.

If you're in the new system, you will need to have guests pay with cash or check. You cannot enter more than one c.c. on an order. You can total all the checks up and enter it as one check with a fake check # or simply say it was paid in cash.

pchockeymom said:
Technically the host/bride cannot also be a guest. I put the gifts others purchase for the bride under the groom's name as a guest. That way everything is in "their" name and they won't have issues if they need to return/exchange anything.

In the new web, you absolutely can not put the bride in as a guest! Will not let you!

As for ordering a gift for the bride, if you put all the gifts under the groom's name, it doesn't matter that it is from you. You will just want to keep track of who is buying what for the b & g so they can send thank you notes.

If you're in the new system, you will need to have guests pay with cash or check. You cannot enter more than one c.c. on an order. You can total all the checks up and enter it as one check with a fake check # or simply say it was paid in cash.

I leave the gifts under the name of the person who bought the gift. That way if they also order for themselves they can get the freebie. HO knows that there are gifts on the show just by the show type. The couple will have no issue with their warranties and the guest can pay however they want.

I make sure the couple gets a list of what they got and from whom so they can send thank you cards.

BUT we do need to let HO know that the host SHOULD be allowed to purchase as a guest at her show. She should be allowed to be honest and buy something to get to a new level or qualify it as a show in her own name. AND she should be allowed the booking benefit if she chooses to book off her own party.

Luckily I'm not in the new web so I don't have to worry about that. I prefer to keep the orders under the original purchaser and then get the bride a list of who gave her what along with a complete set of receipts with all her gifts highlighted.

wadesgirl said:
Luckily I'm not in the new web so I don't have to worry about that. I prefer to keep the orders under the original purchaser and then get the bride a list of who gave her what along with a complete set of receipts with all her gifts highlighted.

OK, I am milling over all of this because I have 2 bridal showers next week. I am in the new web, have been trudging through since we started it in May and feel like I need to not fall back on P3 since at some point I won't have it to fall back on!

So, you don't think the guests mind the host having their info? Of course, in the new web I can't give the bride sets of receipts unless I just copy the 2-ply. It would definitely make payment easier to deal with but I'm concerned about warranty.

Who knows, maybe I'll find that there's a "for the bride" button on orders in a bridal shower (like the option to ship products to other people)! Wouldn't that be awesome! It would solve all these issues!

The guests at a bridal shower are her friends and family. Why would they care if she had their info? Just remove any cc info. What I have done on P3 is open a new guest and put all the gifts on it, print it and write in who gave the gift and delete the "order". Easier than writing it all out - and neater. Then the couple has everything on one sheet. I guess in the new web I would either write out a 2ply receipt for the bride with item number, item and who from or I will do an excel spread sheet with all the info on it.ETA: I love the idea of a for the bride button. Have you suggested it?

QUOTE - What I have done on P3 is open a new guest and put all the gifts on it, print it and write in who gave the gift and delete the "order". Easier than writing it all out - and neater. Then the couple has everything on one sheet. I guess in the new web I would either write out a 2ply receipt for the bride with item number, item and who from or I will do an excel spread sheet with all the info on it."

That is also what I do in P3. Is that not an option in the new program?

cochef said:
QUOTE - What I have done on P3 is open a new guest and put all the gifts on it, print it and write in who gave the gift and delete the "order". Easier than writing it all out - and neater. Then the couple has everything on one sheet. I guess in the new web I would either write out a 2ply receipt for the bride with item number, item and who from or I will do an excel spread sheet with all the info on it."

That is also what I do in P3. Is that not an option in the new program?

I don't believe so. The receipt is emailed, not printed. Well, I guess you could use the groom's name and email, send it and then delete the order. Not sure I would do that though... at least not until we are more familiar with the program.

[For those that don't know: an email is generated when the order is placed and then a second email when the show is submitted. The guest can make changes in their order after the first email but before the show is sent in.]

My thought on bridal showers is HO can see on their end that it was marked as a bridal shower not a kitchen show or catalog show. They should be able to help any bride that needs to return an item knowing that products were probably purchased for her but not under her name. Why else would we have the option to make it show as a bridal shower?

wadesgirl said:
My thought on bridal showers is HO can see on their end that it was marked as a bridal shower not a kitchen show or catalog show. They should be able to help any bride that needs to return an item knowing that products were probably purchased for her but not under her name. Why else would we have the option to make it show as a bridal shower?

Right. And any time of the year people buy gifts. As long as the person knows who bought the gift they are fine. Besides returns and exchanges are more rare when they are gifts anyway.

I always put the show in the brides MARRIED name and then her gifts under her MAIDEN name. That way, her host number is not confusing after her marriage. I use the two part forms for orders. If the order is only for the bride, I figure it and put it under her maiden name (I pay the shipping on the brides order). If the person is ordering for both the bride and themselves, I do it under the guests name so they can earn the guest special (they usually give it to the bride anyway). I keep one of the two part receipts (with the items for the bride '*') and give the other copy to the bride for thank you notes. When I do the printed receipts, I give them to each person and make sure to include my two part for those that ordered for both so they remember (and I no longer need it after everything is verified) when the party is shipped.

1. How can I plan a bridal shower that is suitable for all ages?

One of the best ways to plan a bridal shower that is suitable for all ages is to choose a theme that is timeless and classic. This could include a tea party, garden party, or a brunch. Additionally, consider the food and activities carefully to ensure they are appropriate for all ages. Finally, be mindful of the guests' preferences and make sure to include a variety of options for everyone to enjoy.

2. What are some fun games or activities to include in a bridal shower for a family member?

Some popular games and activities for a bridal shower include "How well do you know the bride?", bridal bingo, and a photo booth with props. You could also have a recipe exchange or a DIY project, such as decorating wine glasses or making floral arrangements. Just be sure to keep the bride's interests and personality in mind when choosing activities.

3. Should I invite all female family members or just close relatives to the bridal shower?

It ultimately depends on the bride's preferences and the size of the shower. If the bride has a large family, it may be more practical to invite close relatives only. However, if the bride has a small family and wants to include all female relatives, that is also acceptable. It's important to communicate with the bride and get her input on the guest list.

4. How can I make the bride feel special and loved during the shower?

One way to make the bride feel special is to incorporate personal touches throughout the shower. This could include displaying photos of the happy couple, having guests write down their favorite memories with the bride, or having a designated time for guests to share words of love and advice for the bride. Additionally, make sure to involve the bride in the planning process and ask for her input on certain aspects of the shower.

5. Are there any traditional gift ideas for a bridal shower for a family member?

While there are no set rules for bridal shower gifts, some traditional gift ideas include household items such as kitchen appliances, linens, or home decor. Personalized gifts, such as monogrammed items or a custom piece of artwork, are also thoughtful options. If you're unsure, it's always best to consult with the bride or her close family members for gift ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• purpleluvs3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • chefangie