• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower Cooking Show W/ Out of Town Bride

In summary, Tracy is a team member in Carolyn Kraham's downline and has been asked to help give a bridal cooking show. She is encountering a few problems and needs any and all advice that can be provided. Tracy's concerns are:1) How did she handle the gifts that people will want to purchase for the bride after the demo?2) How does the bride get the gifts sent to her if they are purchased online?3) How did Tracy handle the expenses of the two bridal showers she has done? Tracy found a split order form on this website that shows how to handle the expenses of a bridal shower show. Things can get a little complicated, but it is doable.
cheftracyp
Hi everyone - I am a team member in Carolyn Kraham's downline and I have been asked to help give a bridal cooking show. I am encountering a few problems and could use ANY and ALL advice!

Brief background on the party ... it's cohosted by two women who work together. Shower will be in one town, but the bride lives north several hours away.

My concerns are:

How did I handle the gifts that people will want to purchase for the bride after the demo? I went to enter the show with the local address of one of the host (where the party is), but realize that if they purchase something for the bride, how does she get the gifts sent to her?

I thought of entering the bride as the host name, use the local address and then gather her orders seperately, but you can only process two credit cards per an order so how would people pay for her items?

Then I was thinking of just having all of the bride's items ship to the local address and the aunt can take them to her, but I don't want to inconvenience them.

Has anyone suffered this problem before? I have already set up her bridal registry online and understand that gifts purchased online through that will not accrue her free products, etc. at her cooking show.

Thanks so much for your help.

I have actually done two bridal showers where both brides lived in another state! What I did was make it two shows....one show for items purchased for the bride and making the bride the host (this way everything was shipped to her) and the second show in the name of one of the bridal shower organizers for all the orders purchased for those living in town.

Now I did have some out of pocket expenses because I did not feel comfortable charging each guest twice for shipping if they purchased for the bride and themself. Not everyone usually purchases for themself and I was able to combine multiple orders of items rarely having a warranty (peelers, mix & chop, etc). Most of these multiple shows are well over $1000 so I felt ok in paying the second shipping.

I found a bridal order form on this site showing a split order form. Top half for bridal shower order and bottom half for themself.

Things can get a little complicated but it is very doable. Good luck

HI Tracy! Welcome to Chef Success!! Hey ladies (and gents) ya'll be nice to Tracy - she's my team member and she is WONDERFUL!!!

Thanks Carolyn - love ya bunches! Hope to make ya proud at this bridal shower show!

Hi there! As a fellow consultant, I completely understand your concerns about handling gifts for the bride after the cooking show. One suggestion would be to have a separate order form specifically for the bride's gifts. This way, guests can still purchase items for her and pay for them separately, without affecting the host's order. You can then have the gifts shipped directly to the bride's address, or to the local address if that is more convenient for her.Another option would be to have the bride set up a separate online party through your website. This way, she can still receive the benefits of hosting a party and guests can purchase gifts for her online. You can also offer to personally deliver the gifts to her if she lives far away, as a special touch from the bridal cooking show.I hope these suggestions help and please don't hesitate to reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for more advice. We are all here to support each other! Best of luck with the bridal cooking show.

1. What types of recipes will be demonstrated at the bridal shower cooking show?

The recipes demonstrated at the bridal shower cooking show will vary depending on the preferences of the bride, but typically include easy and delicious dishes that are perfect for entertaining, such as appetizers, salads, main courses, and desserts.

2. Can we customize the recipes to fit dietary restrictions or allergies?

Yes, our Pampered Chef consultants are happy to accommodate any dietary restrictions or allergies. Just let us know beforehand and we can make adjustments to the recipes or offer alternative options.

3. How long does the cooking show usually last?

The cooking show typically lasts about 1-2 hours, depending on the number of guests and the complexity of the recipes being demonstrated. Our consultants will work with the bride to create a schedule that fits her needs and preferences.

4. Will guests have the opportunity to sample the dishes being demonstrated?

Yes, one of the highlights of our Pampered Chef cooking shows is the opportunity for guests to taste the dishes being demonstrated. This allows them to get a sense of the flavors and techniques used, and they can also ask any questions they may have.

5. Can we purchase the Pampered Chef products used during the cooking show?

Yes, all the Pampered Chef products used in the cooking show are available for purchase. Our consultants will have a catalogue available for guests to place orders, or they can also purchase products directly from our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies