• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Show Follow-Up: Maximizing Responses for Hosting and Consulting

In summary, the conversation discusses the lack of response from potential hosts and consultants after a bridal vendor show. The speaker suggests giving them a few days before contacting them again and provides tips for booking showers, such as being patient and contacting them closer to their wedding date. They also suggest focusing on showers rather than registries, but provide options for those interested in a registry.
tayzeanna
I did a Bridal vendor show last week and am not getting responses from ANY of the people who said they were interested in hosting a PC Bridal Shower/Registry and/or interested in being a consultant. I have contacted them by phone, email and now text message. Any tips??

Don't give up. Give them a few days, then contact them again. My wording is usually something like:Hi, Rae here, the Pampered Chef Consultant from [recent bridal show]. Still trying to catch up with you to get that Pampered Chef Wedding Shower [or registry] set up. If you're busy, I understand. Be sure to get back with me as soon as possible so we can get the ball rolling. If life has changed and you're no longer interested, that's just fine. However, I need to hear that from you. Feel free to call or text me at [number].

ok, I will have to try that I guess. Its been two weeks now and haven't heard from anyone.

When it comes to booking showers, don't be discouraged. Here are some things to keep in mind. First, brides don't host showers for themselves and it's bad etiquette for the bride to ask someone for a shower, therefore even though they might want a PC shower, they may need to wait until their friends, aunts, bridesmaids, co-workers (whoever is hosting the shower) brings up the topic. At that point, they can share that they would like a PC shower and give them your info. Your job is to be a resource to them, make sure they have your info and to touch base occasionally to keep your name on their mind. That said, if their wedding isn't for a few months to 1+ years away (which is typical of brides who attend bridal shows), you may need to be patient knowing that this is a topic that may not even be broached until the 3-6 months prior to their wedding date. On the drawing slips that I use at my bridal events, I always ask for their anticipated wedding date. You might just put them in a tickler file to touch base with the brides at about 4-6 months out (honestly, 6 is often too far out). You could email them indicating that you know that they are throwing their own shower and that if they have the name of someone for you to follow up with along with email and/or phone, you would be happy to contact that person directly.

As for a registry, I personally have little luck with those now that PC has suspended them and focus predominantly on showers. But, you could send her the wish list by email (the PDF from Consultant's Corner or the excel file that I am attaching) and encourage her to complete it and return it to you. Give her a link to your website and/or the catalog on your site and let her know that she can email/text/call you if she would like a paper catalog.

Just some thoughts.

Attachments

• SS Wish List-ABC 2014.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 720
  • SS Wish List-Item Number 2014.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 622
  • SS Wish List-Price 2014.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 446
  • SS Wish List 2014.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 394
Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear that you're not getting responses from the people who expressed interest in hosting a PC Bridal Shower/Registry or becoming a consultant. It can be frustrating when you put in so much effort and don't see the results you were hoping for. My best advice would be to continue following up with them, but also try to personalize your approach. Instead of just sending a generic message, try mentioning something specific that you discussed at the vendor show or something that stood out about their interest in Pampered Chef. This can make your message more memorable and increase the chances of them responding. Also, don't be afraid to reach out again in a few weeks or months. Sometimes people just need a little more time to make a decision. Best of luck!

1. How do I respond to a bridal show invite?

When responding to a bridal show invite, it is important to RSVP in a timely manner. You can either respond directly to the bride or groom who sent the invite or follow the instructions on the invitation, such as filling out a response card or sending an email. Make sure to include the number of guests attending and any dietary restrictions.

2. What should I bring to a bridal show?

It is helpful to bring a notebook or planner to take notes and keep track of vendors you are interested in. You may also want to bring pre-printed labels with your name, contact information, and wedding date to make it easier to enter giveaways and sign up for vendor mailing lists. Comfortable shoes and a water bottle are also recommended.

3. Do I need to make appointments with vendors at the bridal show?

While not necessary, it is recommended to schedule appointments with vendors you are interested in beforehand. This will ensure you have time to speak with them one-on-one and ask any questions you may have. It also allows the vendors to prepare for your meeting and potentially offer you special deals or discounts.

4. How can I make the most of my time at a bridal show?

To make the most of your time at a bridal show, come prepared with a list of vendors you want to speak with and any questions you have for them. Take advantage of any educational sessions or workshops offered and attend any fashion shows or demonstrations. Don't forget to collect business cards or contact information from vendors you are interested in.

5. Is it appropriate to negotiate prices with vendors at a bridal show?

While some vendors may offer special discounts or deals at the bridal show, it is generally not appropriate to negotiate prices at the event. However, you can ask about packages or options that may better fit your budget. It is best to schedule a follow-up appointment with the vendor to discuss pricing and packages in more detail.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• citymouse
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ebarnes23us
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
  • aPamperedBride
  • Pampered Chef Shows