• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Promoting Pampered Chef in a Rural Area: Tips & Costs

In summary, Dawn is paying $295 for a 10x10 booth at her local bridal fair. She is hoping to receive referrals from the fair and to make a profit.
tvwalsh72
I live in a small rural area in NH. We have to drive at least an hour and a half to shop anywhere besides Walmart. I heard about a bridal show at a resort about 25 miles from my house, so I put in an inquiry to have a table. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the price of the table.

$450

I'm fairly new and considering our area I figured a table would be affordable. I'm a full time teacher and PC is very part time for me. I was just floored.

Is this a common price for a table? What are some other ways to promote this aspect of your PC business?

Thanks Tricia

I am doing one later this month and am paying $395. I actually talked them down $100 though because I put together a little calculation that figured how many contacts I would need to have to make it profitable for me. They were receptive to that, also because they haven't had a PC rep at one of their shows in a while. This is my first one, so I'm hoping to at least get my contact list up a bit.

Tricia, that's pretty typical.Our business, while bridal related, is different from the others that are usually at bridal fairs in that our offering is not related directly to the wedding. Very few brides are thinking "gotta register for kitchen stuff" when they go to bridal fairs. They're more concerned with getting a DJ, limo and photographer lined up for the actual wedding date. Which means that those businesses get more definite business, and therefore more profit, from bridal fairs. It can take a lot more work for PC Consultants to turn a profit from a bridal fair. Frankly, unless you sign brides up on the spot for the registry and then they actually use it, you're better off establishing a relationship with a local bridal salon and leaving some brochures there for brides. And getting referrals from customers at your shows.

I agree with chefann. I am still fairly new and in my first 45 days I did a bridal show. Overall it costs me over $1000 and I have yet to see any return on it. I had over 50 women register on the spot and I spent two days entering their registries into the computer and have yet to have a single purchase from them. I had several state they wanted a bridal shower; however, when it came to contacting them, I did not receive a call back or they gave the wrong number/e-mail address, etc.
I decided to do as Ann suggested above and go to the bridal salon I used just a few months before for my wedding in June 2007. I have received 2 bridal shows and 3 registries from that.
I wish you luck in your ventures and business. If you would like me to email you pictures of how I set up my booth I would be glad to email them to you.Dawn

Does anyone have a sample of the flyer or brochure you use in bridal shops?I was thinking along the lines of "How would you like $200 in product for getting your friends to buy you gifts?" or something like that. That is something no other registry can offer!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Does anyone have a sample of the flyer or brochure you use in bridal shops?

I was thinking along the lines of "How would you like $200 in product for getting your friends to buy you gifts?" or something like that. That is something no other registry can offer!

I never reinvent the wheel when I don't have to. I just use the Wedding Registry flyer that we can get on supply order and stamp my information on it. The best way to get your registry promoted is to offer a referral bonus to the sales girls at the bridal shop - they work on commission at the shop anyway, so they're used to sales, and if they know they'll get a kick-back, they're more likely to promote you. GL!

I am doing a bridal fair next month and it's the second year in a row that I am doing this fair. It cost me $295.00 for my 10x10 booth and the fair is only one day but we are on the Oregon Coast and it's the second largest bridal fair on the Oregon Coast.

I have not done a bridal fair before but a clustermate & I are doing one the end of the month. It is local to us (being small town) so we are expecting to get a lot from it. It is the 2nd year they have done it & last year they had over 500 come. It is costing $200 for the 10x15 booth which includes table, chairs, electricity. However, the bigger fairs around here cost at least $495 for a table & they don't guarantee only 1 of each vendor. I don't see paying that much if there will be other PC reps there.

I just did a bridal fair today. The table was $250/ I was able to talk them into me donating a basket valued at $75 and a $50 check (the cost of a 1/2 table and they gave me a full table. For the price is was fair. I made many contacts and hope to establish wedding registries. I currently have my wedding registry brochures in local tuxedo and floral shops in town. With a registry referral, I give the shop a $20 PC gift certificate. I wouldn't spend $450 for a table.

I live in what many would consider a low income area and our bridal fair is also $495 a booth. We split the cost and the time amongst the cluster, dividing the event into 4 slots with two consultants working each slot. That way it is only $62 per person and everyone can help set up or tear down.Our fair is in February - When I did it last year, it was my first booth just weeks after I became a consultant. I didn't do very well as I didn't know what I was doing and I felt like I couldn't really sign people up for registries (I wasn't qualified yet).I'm looking forward to this year as I am better prepared and plan to have the sign up sheet for registries (in the files section) and will hopefully get people signed up that day. :)

I wouldn't consider Astoria necessarily a low income area however their are a lot of people who are low income in this area. I pay $250.00 for one day at our Bridal fair.

I do 4 bridal fairs a year. I pay $375 and $400 and they are both bi annual. I have found the majority of my business from them. I do split the cost and space with another gal on my team. I know that follow up calls are vitally important. First question is "how familiar are you w/ PC"? I also do 4 hands on cooking classes for brides to acy=tually be able to try out what they want. I invite the bride and 1 guest and we do appetizer, main, and dessert. This has been very successful in creating more bridal or cooking shows. I let them know if nothing else it is a fabulous 3 coarse dinner out free. I rent a room at a local women's club, and a bowling alley. I also do multiple host shows at the same location and they know I am committed and they dropped the cost more than 1/2. It gives the business great exposure. The bowling alley always gives discounted bowling for the guests children and spouse as well.
Hope this helps.
Rita

RitaKey said:
I do 4 bridal fairs a year. I pay $375 and $400 and they are both bi annual. I have found the majority of my business from them. I do split the cost and space with another gal on my team. I know that follow up calls are vitally important. First question is "how familiar are you w/ PC"? I also do 4 hands on cooking classes for brides to acy=tually be able to try out what they want. I invite the bride and 1 guest and we do appetizer, main, and dessert. This has been very successful in creating more bridal or cooking shows. I let them know if nothing else it is a fabulous 3 coarse dinner out free. I rent a room at a local women's club, and a bowling alley. I also do multiple host shows at the same location and they know I am committed and they dropped the cost more than 1/2. It gives the business great exposure. The bowling alley always gives discounted bowling for the guests children and spouse as well.
Hope this helps.
Rita

Rita,
When you do the cooking classes, do you invite several of the brides and a guest? Does the class add more excitement about the products for them? Are they more willing to book a show or sign-up for a registry? How many people attend the class usually?

Thank you for any information.:)

1. How can I effectively promote Pampered Chef in a rural area?

One effective way to promote Pampered Chef in a rural area is by leveraging word-of-mouth marketing. Reach out to friends, family, and neighbors to spread the word about your business and products. You can also attend local events and fairs to showcase your products and services.

2. What are some cost-effective ways to promote Pampered Chef in a rural area?

Some cost-effective ways to promote Pampered Chef in a rural area include utilizing social media, creating flyers or posters to distribute in the community, and partnering with local businesses for cross-promotion. You can also offer discounts or host a Pampered Chef party at a customer's home to generate more interest.

3. Is it necessary to have a physical storefront in a rural area to promote Pampered Chef?

No, it is not necessary to have a physical storefront in a rural area to promote Pampered Chef. As long as you have a strong online presence and are actively promoting your business through various channels, you can reach potential customers in a rural area.

4. How can I differentiate myself from other Pampered Chef consultants in a rural area?

One way to differentiate yourself from other Pampered Chef consultants in a rural area is by offering unique experiences such as themed parties or cooking classes. You can also focus on a specific niche or target market, such as busy moms or health-conscious individuals, to stand out from the competition.

5. Can I still be successful promoting Pampered Chef in a rural area?

Yes, you can still be successful promoting Pampered Chef in a rural area. While it may require more effort and creativity, there is a demand for quality kitchen products and services in rural communities. By building strong relationships with customers and utilizing effective marketing strategies, you can achieve success in promoting Pampered Chef in a rural area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mheat923
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mheat923
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies