• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Show Expo: Worth it for $200? Advice Needed!

Because there are two of us one will be the hooker and one the cooker. While Laurie is in the isle getting people's attention I'll be cooking and getting people to register for the prizes. I was hoping to get more info on Chef Success tonight that will help me out. :)Thats GREAT...I have to find out if I can cook stuff too. Are you both going to split up the booking leads etc..? Let me know how you made out and any advise what to do or not to do. GOOD LUCK! Thanks :)One of my consultants (who's also on here, so maybe she'll chime in) did one and it seemed like an AWESOME way to start the
letscook04
Gold Member
Has anyone done a Bridal Show Expo? I have one to do next month and the cost for the table is $200. I have never done any Bridal shows . Is it worth doing? Any input would REALLY help. Thanks! :)

One of my consultants (who's also on here, so maybe she'll chime in) did one and it seemed like an AWESOME way to start the business. It sounds like $200 is a good price for a table/booth because I've heard they can be really expensive. I'd suggest doing a drawing for something and using the drawing slips so you get some more specific information from people, like if they're interested in hosting a show or the opportunity. You'll probably get a list from the organizers of all brides, but this is a little more specific at your booth. Obviously promote the Pampered Bride Shows and Gift Registry like crazy! As part of something you'd raffle off, include a free kitchen show. Then you can call all the "non-winners" from your entries and offer a free kitchen show if you'd like. Offer that as a runner up prize. You don't even need to offer it to everybody, but you can do it to those closest by to you, etc.

I've never done a bridal expo, but if you have the opportunity and can afford it, go for it. Maybe even split it with another consultant from your cluster to cut down on the cost.

They even have a tupperware consultant set up, so maybe it would benifit me to get my name out in my area. What about having food samples or just stick to door prize slips? It is only for 2 1/2 hours. Thanks Becky for your input! :)

I think that would be a great oppurtunity. Bridal fairs around here run in excess of $600! So you have come across a deal.

Expo next week!I have signed up for a Bridal Expo next week. The cost was $600 for 6 hours...which sounds about the same as the previous post (per hour). I am sharing the cost/booth with another consultant. We are going to core/peel/slice some apples then cook them in the stir-fry skillet. The smell will get people's attn. I think we are planning to serve the apples some sort of way too!

Because there are two of us one will be the hooker and one the cooker. While Laurie is in the isle getting people's attention I'll be cooking and getting people to register for the prizes. I was hoping to get more info on Chef Success tonight that will help me out. :)

Thats GREAT...I have to find out if I can cook stuff too. Are you both going to split up the booking leads etc..? Let me know how you made out and any advise what to do or not to do. GOOD LUCK! Thanks :)

pamperedbecky said:
One of my consultants (who's also on here, so maybe she'll chime in) did one

Here I am! :)

Yes, I got the opportunity to have a FREE booth (normally $1000) at a bridal expo 3 weeks after signing my agreement! It was definitely a whorlwind experience for me since I was so new. I do think it was beneficial for me because it got my name out there, I just wish I had had more time to prepare.

I handed out old Celebrations recipe cards and when I ran out of those, I handed out a flyer with the Pampered Bride info on one side (I photocopied the flyer from the paperwork/supply order) and a fair newsletter on the other side. I did a $25 gift certificate drawing (I made up the gc and it must be redeemed through me - expires end of year), so I got a lot of leads that way. I'm still making my way through them all, in fact. My first kitchen show is tonight and she is one of those leads! :D

In addition to that, I just got the list of all brides who attended the show. There were almost 500 of them!

If I were to do this again in the future, I would do a couple things differently. I would definitely focus more on getting bookings at the show. I tried, but it was chaotic and I was nervous. The other thing I would do is order some of the Pampered Bride stuff on a supply order and put them on display. Maybe get one of those big artist's easels and hang the apron on it. Tack up the Pampered Bride flyers and make that the showcase and focus of your display. Include info on the gift registry. Of course, have products there that people can check out too. I kept mentioning the Pampered Bride shows to people that came up to me, but I think it's different if they can actually SEE the different things we can do at a bridal show.

Oh and on the food, I was not allowed to serve food (health dept reasons), but I could have displayed food if I wanted to. I had planned to make the bride doll cake, but was crunched for time and didn't get to it. But I think it would make for an eye-catching display!

Hope this helps - sorry it was so long. GOOD LUCK!!

Kristen said:
Here I am! :)

Thanks Kristen for your input. You gave me GREAT ideas! :)

They are supplying a 6-foot table and electric. I will do the GC as a door prize. I am just a little nervous but I guess it will be like having my first kitchen show. Good Luck with your first Kitchen show tonight.

Colleen :)

What is a Bridal Show Expo?

A Bridal Show Expo is a trade show specifically geared towards brides-to-be and their wedding planning needs. It typically features vendors such as caterers, photographers, florists, and other wedding-related businesses.

Is the Bridal Show Expo worth the $200 cost?

This ultimately depends on your personal budget and the specific expo you are considering. However, many brides find the cost to be worth it as they are able to meet and potentially book multiple vendors in one place, saving time and effort in their wedding planning process.

What can I expect to find at a Bridal Show Expo?

You can expect to find a variety of vendors offering their services and products for weddings. Some expos may also offer workshops, fashion shows, and other activities for brides-to-be.

How can I make the most out of attending a Bridal Show Expo?

Come prepared with a list of vendors you are interested in and questions you have for them. Take advantage of any workshops or activities offered and network with other brides-to-be. Also, be sure to collect business cards and contact information from vendors you are interested in.

Do I need to attend a Bridal Show Expo if I already have a wedding planner?

Attending a Bridal Show Expo can still be beneficial even if you have a wedding planner. It allows you to see different vendors and their offerings in person, and your wedding planner can also attend with you to help make decisions and gather information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• citymouse
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies