• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Raleigh Bridal Fairs: Don't Miss Out on the Top Wedding Events in NC!

In summary, the author recommends avoiding bridal fairs because they are expensive and not very productive. They suggest contacting the person who has the booth at the fair and selling time slots to other consultants. Alternatively, they suggest wearing their logowear and following up with the booking leads within 24-48 hours.
ccrusoe
So I'm in the Raleigh, NC area. We have 3 big bridal fairs every year. I checked into setting up a booth at one of them....But the same person is registered at all 3. Ughhh---share the love here girl!!!

Sorry, just venting

Honestly, bridal fairs are NOT worth the money you spend, so be glad someone else has already booked them up!

I was going to post the same as Deb.

In my experience, Bridal Fairs are the most expensive, and least productive type of booth you can do. I know that I've seen exceptions to this, but they are exactly that - exceptions.
I did a couple earlier in my career, after I had my baby, and was wanting to get back into the swing of things. Paid a lot of money, and can't think of one lead or contact that panned out from either one.

Thanks for making me feel better!!!

bridal fairs can be lucrative if done right, however they are so expensive to attend it's almost not worth it. The biggest incentive is getting that bridal registry list of names. You can send postcards, mini's in the name of 'getting married' or congrats! and the brides eat them up.

might I suggest asking a bridal shop to let you set up a box offering info on "pampered chef bridal registries and shower shows'. check it weekly or purchase a brochure holder from an office supply store and put brochures about BR's and Shower shows in the shop and girls and their friends or family will pick them up. again, check on it weekly. In my bridal shop, I had a counter that other businesses could leave their cards, brochures etc. for my customers' to take. I became a local resource center for weddings in general. people would call the shop for the name of a caterer or cake decorator or photographer.:thumbup:

BUT, this shop is helping you so help her back. talk about her shop when visiting with friends or customers. give her a small gift as a token of your appreciation. I guess this is what smart people would call networking.
:balloon:

If you develop a relationship with a shop, you might offer to give her some items for a door prize she gives away and she would give you a copy of the bridal names that registered at the fair.

Bridal fairs have been very worth it for me. They have restarted my biz a couple of times.

I suggest contacting the person who has the booth at the 3 fairs. She may be selling time slots to other consultants.

A team member gets our bridal fair booth and sells hour time slots. She handles getting the booth, the display and the door prizes that the fair requires. Each consultant provides their own door prize slips and anything else they want to hand out. The February fair that we do at the convention center is a 2-day event and usually each consultant pays $50/hour. The Aug. fair is 1-day so the fee is a little higher, $65/hour. The rate may seem a bit high, but with one booking you have earned it back and then you're in touch with a new group of people and get bookings from there.

I look at bridal fairs as booking lead generators and eventually recruit generators. Two of my team members booked shows off the fair and eventually signed. Another team member was a guest at a show I booked off the fair. I don't push the bridal registry as they have not been producers for me. The best leads are the mothers, sisters and others who attend b/c they're not as tied up in wedding planning.

The reward is all in the follow-up. If you invest in a fair, you have to follow-up with the booking leads within 24-48 hours. I give a free cooking show to EVERYONE (just keep track of who was there together so they both don't win). Not everyone will accept the prize, not all of them will book something for the next month. I tell them the free cooking show is valid until xxx date.

In my 3 years I've had 40 registries on my website. Most of them came from bridal fairs. Out of 40, I've only had 1 that had sales over $150. I've asked for classes at conference because I must be doing something wrong. Only about 4 had any sales at all.

You could attend the bridal fair and wear your logowear! :)

1. What is a Bridal Fair?

A Bridal Fair, also known as a Bridal Show or Wedding Expo, is an event where various vendors come together to showcase their products and services related to weddings. It is a one-stop-shop for brides-to-be to gather information and ideas for their upcoming wedding.

2. How do I find out about upcoming Bridal Fairs?

You can find information about upcoming Bridal Fairs through various sources such as bridal magazines, wedding websites, social media, and word of mouth. You can also check with local bridal shops or wedding planners for any upcoming events in your area.

3. Do I need to register for a Bridal Fair?

It is recommended to register for a Bridal Fair in advance. This will not only save you time at the event but also allow vendors to gather your contact information and potentially offer special deals or discounts. However, most Bridal Fairs also allow walk-ins without registration.

4. What can I expect to find at a Bridal Fair?

At a Bridal Fair, you can expect to find a variety of vendors such as wedding planners, photographers, florists, caterers, and more. You may also find fashion shows, samples, and giveaways. It is a great opportunity to gather information and compare services from different vendors all in one place.

5. Is there an admission fee for Bridal Fairs?

Some Bridal Fairs may have an admission fee, while others may offer free admission. It is best to check with the specific event you plan on attending. Keep in mind that even if there is an admission fee, the value and information you can gain from attending may outweigh the cost.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcheflil
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefShalon