• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Bridal Fair Success: Tips for Navigating a 500+ Guest Expo

In summary, Jenny is doing her first bridal fair on January 2 and is nervous but excited. She will have her mother with her to help manage her table and is including a drawing for a spice turn about. She recommends follow-up and marketing ideas.
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
Hello,
I am doing my 1st Bridal Fair Jan 2. I am really excited, but nervous as well. The expo I am doing is expected to have 500+ brides plus their guests. I will have my mom with me to help manage my table. I am including a drawing for the spice turn about with a few spices in it to get contact info a little easier. Any suggestions on what else to have with me, marketing ideas, word choices for talking to people, etc. I will be in a center section of the room, and from pics of past expos it looks like I will be behind my table due to the volume of foot traffic.

Thanks for your help :)

JennyJennJen said:
Hello,
I am doing my 1st Bridal Fair Jan 2. I am really excited, but nervous as well. The expo I am doing is expected to have 500+ brides plus their guests. I will have my mom with me to help manage my table. I am including a drawing for the spice turn about with a few spices in it to get contact info a little easier. Any suggestions on what else to have with me, marketing ideas, word choices for talking to people, etc. I will be in a center section of the room, and from pics of past expos it looks like I will be behind my table due to the volume of foot traffic.

Thanks for your help :)

Most bridal fairs actually give their vendors a list of all the brides that registered and attended (incl email address)

I will be getting a list too, but this way I can follow up with those who are interested in the PC first.

I've done several bridal expos and I make up a packet for each bride that you actually talk to that's interested in the registry. I include the wedding registry brochure, a print out of the well-stocked kitchen (which is available on the registry page) and mini catalog and my business card. If you do this with another consultant, we just put our initials on the dpds and had them use that for whatever you are giving away. We also did a registry form and if they wanted us to initially set up their registry, we did so that we knew that they were actually doing it. I always take a LOT of recipe cards that have my label on them and pass them out to EVERYONE....it draws more people in. Follow-up is the KEY!!!

yankfan24 said:
I've done several bridal expos and I make up a packet for each bride that you actually talk to that's interested in the registry. I include the wedding registry brochure, a print out of the well-stocked kitchen (which is available on the registry page) and mini catalog and my business card. If you do this with another consultant, we just put our initials on the dpds and had them use that for whatever you are giving away. We also did a registry form and if they wanted us to initially set up their registry, we did so that we knew that they were actually doing it. I always take a LOT of recipe cards that have my label on them and pass them out to EVERYONE....it draws more people in. Follow-up is the KEY!!!

Great advise, thank you! Quick Question though, what did you use to hold the packets together, a folder, paper clip??

JennyJennJen said:
Great advise, thank you! Quick Question though, what did you use to hold the packets together, a folder, paper clip??

We were going to use white bags and then that was a bit expensive and hard to find, decided it was easier to fold and put in envelop and I made labels for the outside that said it was Pampered Chef Wedding Registry information. That way it kept everything together for them not to mix with other expo information. If it's just you, then you can do your information as well on the label. I have the copies (I think) of the forms we used if you want that and I can figure out how to post it. If you give me your email, I can email you them and also some additional information I got form a Director in TX.

Would love this information you sent JennyJennJen the info that was listed is almost the same as I am doing the end of January and they are expecting 5,000 + people.
Thanks
[email protected]

Jenny and Amber....just emailed you both the information. I hope it helps you out.

Jenny....your email rejected twice.

Will you post the documents that you used for your bridal fair? I would be interested in them as well as others on my team in Canada. Thanks in advance.

oops, I am sorry, my email is [email protected] Please forgive me, I have too many email addresses to keep up with :)

Could you please email the info to me as well?
My email is [email protected]

Thanks! :)

JenWard said:
Will you post the documents that you used for your bridal fair? I would be interested in them as well as others on my team in Canada. Thanks in advance.

If you could send me your email, or pm me the email, I'll forward you all the information that I have.

Well, I just had my expo yesterday and I am SO GLAD I did it. Total out of pocket costs was $300 for booth costs, printing and give-a-way. There were only 250 brides that came through, but, I had 3 brides sign up for a registry at the show 1 signed up as soon as she got home, I had 16 brides say that they were interested in a registry &/or shower on the slip, 1-2 interested in cooking shows, 36 other contacts, most of whom were very interested in the registry or a shower. Very excited to see how my follow up calls go :)

Jenn,
Most important thing about the expos is to follow up. Brides get very busy and some wait too long to set up registries. You want them to get it set up and see if they might want a bridal shower too. Once it's set up and they get their packet from HO, then they can include their registry cards with invitations to showers/wedding.
Mine is 8 weeks away and can't wait to get everything planned for it. Best of luck and follow up!!
Noelle

Does anyone have the Registry Form that is being talked about?

Here is the form that another consultant sent me. It's intended to have the bride/groom fill out so that you can set-up their registry for them to get the ball rolling. They will then recieve the email talking about their registry and the packet from the HO. I hope this works as I've never attached a file on here before.

View attachment Wedding Registry Form.doc

Last edited:
May I get a copy of these forms I have an Expo coming up on Jan. 30th. First time for doing this. $500 to set up and $300 if I want there list of registered people.

Does anyone have a special Drawining Slip that they use for Bridal Booths/Expos? Today was the first day of the expo and it has been a success. Tomorrow is my shift and I was wondering if anyone had any special drawing slips that they I can use?

Ritab2pamperu said:
May I get a copy of these forms I have an Expo coming up on Jan. 30th. First time for doing this. $500 to set up and $300 if I want there list of registered people.

WOW Rita, $800 for a bridal expo. Is it more then one day? Do you have to provide a raffle item. How many brides do they anticipate attending?

The registry form is posted on here, but if you give me your email address, I have additional information that might be helpful also.

Here is the one I use

Attachments

• Create a Registry.doc
    60 KB · Views: 444
yankfan24 said:
WOW Rita, $800 for a bridal expo. Is it more then one day? Do you have to provide a raffle item. How many brides do they anticipate attending?

The registry form is posted on here, but if you give me your email address, I have additional information that might be helpful also.
The show is 4 hours. They have sold over 700 tickets so far. I do get a list of names as well. My email is [email protected] if you can send me some other information that would be great. I figure if I get 8 registries there that will pay for the major cost. This will be the first for anyone in my cluster hope all goes well

What is the purpose of a bridal fair?

A bridal fair is a trade show where vendors and businesses related to weddings showcase their products and services to engaged couples and their families. It is a great opportunity for brides and grooms to gather information, compare options, and make decisions about their wedding planning.

How can I make the most out of attending a bridal fair?

To make the most out of a bridal fair, it is important to come prepared. Bring a notebook and pen to take notes, as well as a list of vendors and services you are interested in. Wear comfortable shoes and be ready to walk around and talk to different vendors. Take advantage of any free samples, discounts, or promotions offered by vendors. Lastly, don't be afraid to ask questions and gather information to help you make informed decisions for your wedding.

Do I need to have a wedding date set before attending a bridal fair?

It is not necessary to have a wedding date set before attending a bridal fair. However, it can be helpful to have a general idea of when you would like to have your wedding, as some vendors may ask for this information when providing pricing or availability. If you don't have a date set, you can simply let vendors know that you are still in the planning stages.

What should I bring with me to a bridal fair?

It is recommended to bring a notebook and pen to take notes, a list of vendors and services you are interested in, and any wedding inspiration or ideas you may have. It is also a good idea to bring contact information, such as your email address and phone number, to give to vendors if you are interested in their services. Lastly, bring a positive attitude and an open mind to explore different options for your wedding.

Are there any tips for making the most out of a bridal fair on a budget?

Yes, there are ways to make the most out of a bridal fair on a budget. First, prioritize which vendors and services are most important to you and focus on those. Take advantage of any discounts or promotions offered by vendors. Also, consider attending the bridal fair with friends or family and splitting the cost of any purchases or booking fees. Lastly, don't be afraid to negotiate with vendors or ask if they have any special packages or deals for budget-conscious couples.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • ChefChillFL
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefChillFL
Replies