• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bringing a Breakfast Casserole to Work: Stoneware Cookbook Ideas

In summary, the person is looking for a breakfast casserole recipe to bring to work and wants to use their PC stoneware for presentation. They ask if doubling the recipe and using a larger stoneware pan would work, and the other person suggests making two smaller casseroles instead. They also recommend a Ham & Cheese Omelet Roll recipe from the Main Dishes Cookbook and a dish called Hobo Potatoes made in the rectangle baker.
chefmelody
I am supposed to bring a breakfast casserole to work tomorrow, and I'd like to show off my PC stoneware while I'm at it! The brunch pizza in the stoneware cookbook looks good, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be enough. Do you think it would work to double the recipe and make it in the rectangle baker or large bar pan? Or would the center not get set?

If that won't work, I'm open to other suggestions!

Ham & Cheese Omelet RollThis is in the Main Dishes Cookbook and is dynamite. Plus it makes a really great presentation. You use the Bar Pan to bake it. Then stuff it and roll it so it is quite long and serves quite a few people if you slice it about an inch thick. What I would do though, unless you have an oven at work, is bake it and put it together at home. Serve it directly from the Bar Pan with the Slice 'N Serve. Each person can then zap their slice quick, about 30 to 40 seconds, in the microwave. Then there is something I call Hobo Potatoes.
You take three bags of of McCain's Roaster potatoes. Place them in your rectangle baker. Then add some sliced onion and green and/or red peppers. Cook this about maybe 15 minutes in the microwave. I use one large onion, two peppers. You then add about one pound of blanched broccoli flowerets. Mix it up. Then sprinkle about two cups of shredded cheddar cheese on top and nuke it about 10 minutes more. You can also do this in the oven by combining everything but the cheese. Bake it for the time on the packages of potatoes. Then add the cheese and give it enough time more to melt the cheese.

Last edited:
Hi there! I think doubling the recipe and using the rectangle baker or large bar pan should work just fine. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and keep an eye on the center to make sure it sets properly. If you're still worried, you could always make two smaller casseroles in the stoneware instead. Good luck with your breakfast casserole!

What are some popular breakfast casserole recipes for a work potluck?

Some popular breakfast casserole recipes for a work potluck include a classic sausage and egg casserole, a cheesy ham and hashbrown casserole, a veggie and egg casserole, a French toast casserole, and a spinach and feta quiche.

Can I make a breakfast casserole in advance and reheat it at work?

Yes, breakfast casseroles are a great make-ahead option for work potlucks. You can assemble the casserole the night before and refrigerate it, then simply bake it in the morning and bring it to work in a thermal tote to keep it warm. Alternatively, you can bake the casserole completely and reheat it in the microwave at work.

What size of stoneware dish should I use for a breakfast casserole?

The size of stoneware dish you should use for a breakfast casserole will depend on the recipe and the number of people you are serving. It is best to follow the recipe's instructions for the specific dish size. However, as a general guideline, a 13x9 inch stoneware dish is a good size for a breakfast casserole to serve 8-10 people.

Do I need to grease my stoneware dish before baking a breakfast casserole?

It is not necessary to grease your stoneware dish before baking a breakfast casserole. The stoneware has a natural non-stick surface that will prevent the casserole from sticking. However, if you prefer to grease your dish, you can use a small amount of butter or cooking spray.

Can I use frozen hashbrowns in a breakfast casserole?

Yes, you can use frozen hashbrowns in a breakfast casserole. Make sure to thaw them before adding them to the casserole and adjust the baking time accordingly. Alternatively, you can use refrigerated hashbrowns or cook fresh potatoes and shred them yourself. The texture may vary slightly, but all options will work in a breakfast casserole.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefmichelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
Replies
Views
wadesgirl