• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Pumpkin Bread in a Bread Tube - Answers to Your Questions

In summary, to prepare the bread tube for making pumpkin bread, lightly grease the inside with butter or cooking spray or line it with parchment paper. You can use fresh pumpkin puree instead of canned pumpkin, but make sure to cook and mash it first. To store pumpkin bread made in a bread tube, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze it for longer storage. You can add nuts or chocolate chips to the bread mixture before baking and it will take around 50-60 minutes at 350°F (175°C) to bake in a bread tube.
pchefpatti13
Hi All! Can you make Pumkin Bread in the bread tube?

How easy it is to clean? How do you get the bread out?

I have a customer wanting to know and since I don't have the bread tube I couldn't answer her questions.

Thanks!
Patti Showers

My cousin made pumpkin bread in it and she said it leaked out all over the place. She said once it finally stopped leaking it baked fine, but made quite a mess.

jenniferlynne said:
My cousin made pumpkin bread in it and she said it leaked out all over the place. She said once it finally stopped leaking it baked fine, but made quite a mess.

The bread tubes are not designed for quick breads, such as pumpkin bread, banana bread etc. The dough is too thin and runs out. As far as clean up, make sure you hand wash it, do not put it in the dishwasher, or it will rust. I use a baby bottle brush to clean mine and it works great!

True they aren't designed really for quick breads, but we have found that you can cut a piece of parchment paper and place over the bottom end. It will still leak but not as much.

Put some aluminum foil on the bottom of the oven though to save clean up.

Kris

quick breads in bread tubesfold a large piece of aluminum foil in 4 and conform to shape of tube then add cap. Thicker batters work best, but it can be done!!

Linnie
[email protected]

1. How do I prepare the bread tube for making pumpkin bread?

To prepare the bread tube, lightly grease the inside with butter or cooking spray to prevent the bread from sticking. You can also line the tube with parchment paper for easier removal.

2. Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin?

Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin puree instead of canned pumpkin in this recipe. Just make sure to cook and mash the pumpkin until it is smooth before adding it to the bread mixture.

3. What is the best way to store pumpkin bread made in a bread tube?

Once the bread has cooled completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the bread for longer storage, just make sure to wrap it well in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer-safe bag or container.

4. Can I add nuts or chocolate chips to the pumpkin bread?

Yes, you can add in chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the bread mixture before baking. Just make sure to evenly distribute them throughout the batter.

5. How long does it take to bake pumpkin bread in a bread tube?

The baking time will vary depending on your oven and the size of your bread tube. Generally, it will take around 50-60 minutes at 350°F (175°C). To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the bread and if it comes out clean, the bread is ready.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • aprilmlittlefield
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies