• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Bread Tube Recipes: Pumpkin Bread and More!"

In summary, The conversation is about using bread tubes to make various recipes such as pumpkin bread, banana bread, fancy breads, and even soaps. The speaker shares a recipe for banana bread and pumpkin bread, as well as their method for making soap in the bread tubes. They also mention using the tubes for other recipes such as chicken cordon bleu and fancy sandwiches. Overall, the bread tubes are a versatile and useful tool for making a variety of dishes.
TinasKitchen
My sister ordered this and wanted to make pumpkin bread in it. I did a search and someone said it may leak.

Anyone have any other recipes for the tube?

Tina,
I make pumpkin bread, banana bread (but my dough for both is "thicker") and I use it to make soaps. I've still got to try the smores recipe that's in I believe All the Best, but not positive on that.

I use it to make the bottom of the Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, I make it to make "fancy" breads for the tapas, I use mine ALLOT!!

My girls love to eat fancy sandwiches made with this, so I've even taken 2 pieces of bread and cut out the center with the BT and make them fancy sandwiches, and then they also have "Cut-out" sandwiches, so they even use the other part of the bread.

Let me know if you need any recipes, as I've got them somewhere.

Lisa

Recipes I've made in the Bread TubesTina,
Duh to me, I just reread your post. Here's a TNT recipe, was my Mom's banana bread recipe. I think I might make some later today, yum!!

Banana Bread Mom Frisbie

Cream Together:
2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Shortening (Liquid Shortening)
2 Eggs
Add
3 or 4 Mashed Bananas
1/2 Cup Hot Water
2 tsp. Baking Soda
4 Cups Flour
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Vanilla
Dash of Nutmeg
2 Cups Chopped Nuts (Optional)

Mix well. Put into greased Loaf pans
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. to 1 hour
(makes 2 loaves)

1 batch makes stoneware mini loaf pan AND little Non PC loaf pan

If using PC Bread Tubes, put alum. Foil between end of tube and lid. Make sure you ONLY fill ½ way and not any more than that……..which means you'll have part of a batch left. So either make more then 1 bread tube or make in other things also.

Here's another.............
Pumpkin Bread III All Recipes - From Ret at Craftytreasures

It's incredibly delicious with a wonderful spice flavor. Try to use coffee cans to bake them in - makes all the difference in the world! A wonderful Christmas gift. Prep Time: 15 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 55 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 1 Hour 10 Minutes. Makes 3 loaves (36 servings). Submitted by Leigh Paulin

3 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups white sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin
4 eggs

Directions
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F - Grease and flour 3 - 1 pound coffee cans.
2 Sift together the dry ingredients.
3 Combine the vegetable oil, water, canned pumpkin and eggs. Slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix until blended.
4 Evenly distribute the batter between the coffee cans. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and top of bread is browned. Cool bread in coffee cans on a rack
for 15 minutes. Remove bread from cans by running a knife around the inside and turning can upside down to dislodge bread (should slide right out!). Cool completely.

Works Great in PC Bread Tubes, as long as you put Alum. Foil between lid and bottom of tube. Again ONLY fill ½ way. Uses LOTS of Bread Tubes or make in bread tubes, Stoneware Mini Loaf Pans, and another pan.

Here's how I make soaps in Bread Tubes...........great Hostess gifts!!

Glycerin Soap in Bread Tubes Lisa McVaugh,
Independent Pamperef Chef Consultant

2 lb. Brick Moisturizing Clear Glycerin Soap
Soap Dyes (I used liquid Life of the Party Essentials)
Soap Fragrances (I used Life of the Party Essentials)
for my scent I used Vanilla & Lavender which is a really light scent

1. Take brick & flip out onto Cutting Board. Cut into individual Cubes using the utility knife & put cut cubes into 2 qt. batter bowl.
2. Microwave 40 seconds on High, stir & then continue with
10-30 second intervals, stirring each time. * *They say 10 second intervals & I've done in MY microwave up to 30 seconds each time without scorching but try what works with yours This is a very sticky job, I ended up using scraper & then using nylon scraper to scrap off stuff of knife & scraper.
3. After I had it melted, I added the color (That I played with, added little at time until I got the color I wanted) & then for scent I again played with it, directions said use so many drops per weight & I just used minimum, stirred & smelled it, & added a little more. (As I have asthma I didn't want it strong, as who knows who has problems with strong scents)
4. Once you've got it melted, colored, & scented, the you take bread tube, put a piece of alum. foil at bottom (& try to get as FLAT as possible) before putting cap on & pour a little -about ½" of soap into tube, sprinkle with Alcohol (or witch hazel) (this disperses bubbles) & place upright in freezer for about 5-10 minutes - Just enough to "seal" the bottom so when you pour the rest in it won't leak out of the bottom. (During the time you're waiting for this to set, you will need to keep the glycerin melting or heating in microwave as it'll set up easily) Then, when the bottom is sealed, pour the rest of the soap (I've been told tube holds about 2 pounds of soap) & sprinkle with alcohol (or witch hazel) again this disperses the air bubbles that form. (I didn't do the last step & I had allot I had to cut away that had bubble through it, so remember to do this!! (The size of container of glycerin (2 lb. brick) I bought only filled the flower/ scalloped tube about ¾ full). Each is different!! The heart fills with 2 lbs.
5. Then put the tube upright into freezer for minimum of 40 minutes, I had to leave mine for almost an hour before it felt hard all the way, & then take out, pop one end off & it slides right out. I then used the utility knife** & cut it into 10 pieces & then when I gave it out, I put into a clear
sandwich ziploc bag, & tied with raffia (& then cut the
ziploc part off) as I didn't have any other bags to put it
into. (I did have pieces with bubbles that my family is
using as I didn't want to give it out, didn't look right)
**Also, I could have used the crinkle cutter to cut
these, it's very easy to cut (but hard to keep a straight
line as you're doing for first couple of cuts). If using the
crinkle cutter as I've done since my first batch,
I push out little but, & cut right along edge of bread tube. I cleaned everything up & have used everything again with out a soapy taste!!
Had I thought ahead, which I didn't I would have been checking when glycerin went on sale or used a 40% off coupon, as block I bought was around $9.00, color I got on clearance for $1.00 & scent I think was $3.00, but I've still got lots of the scent left to make more batches.

Here's the one for the Smore's but I haven't tried this one...........
Crispy S'more Treats The Pampered Chef
Casual Cooking Pg. 110

2 1/2 cups cocoa krispies cereal
6 graham crackers coarsely chopped
3 TBSP butter
2 TBSP packed brown sugar
3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
3/4 cup chocolate chips

spray inside of bread tube w. kitchen Spritzer, or Pam, set aside. Put cereal in the classic batter bowl, chop the graham crackers and add to cereal set aside.
Melt butter in the 4 qt saucepan, add the brown sugar, melt over low heat, stirring occasionally. add 2 1/2 cups of the marshmallows, keep stirring until melted. Add this to the cereal and stir it all up. Then add the left over marshmallows that were not melted.
Using the large scoop, immediately put the mix into the bread tube. Use the tart shaper to push the cereal down the down, then after it is filled let it cool completely. I like to put it in the fridge for 10 - 15 min
Take the tart shaper and push the s'mores out of the tube. Slice the s'mores into the slices. at this time you want to microwave the chocolate chips in the small micro-cooker on high for 45 seconds to a minute. pour the chocolate into a plastic bag twist and secure. cut a hole in the bottom and decorate the s'more slices w/ the chocolate.

This is really easy to do. Sound harder than it is.

HTH,

Lisa

My current favorite to do with the bread tube is to spray it with the Basil Blend Canola Oil and bake packaged french bread in the tube. When it is done I then spray it again and make crostini's out of the bread, yummy!

Thank you thank you thank youSo much for your recipes! I sent them all off to my sister. I explained the pumpkin bread disasters that people had and told her to try your recipe. I do know she makes her is coffee cans so thats why she wanted this tube to try it in.

If anyone else has others, please share! thank you

T, this isnt for Barb is it? I dont know if I'd help her out LOL.

Here are some bread tube recipes and ideas. ;)

Attachments

• Bread Tube Recipes.doc
    37 KB · Views: 2,474
:)Thank you Leeanne! I will save it.

No Sha, its for my sister.

What is a Bread Tube and how does it work?

A Bread Tube is a kitchen tool designed for baking breads, cakes, and other desserts in a tube-shaped mold. It works by evenly distributing heat throughout the batter or dough, resulting in a perfectly cooked and shaped product.

Can I use the Bread Tube for other recipes besides Pumpkin Bread?

Yes, the Bread Tube can be used for a variety of recipes such as banana bread, zucchini bread, and even savory dishes like meatloaf or stuffed breads. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Do I need to grease the Bread Tube before baking?

It is recommended to lightly grease the Bread Tube with cooking spray or butter before adding the batter or dough. This will help prevent sticking and make it easier to remove the bread from the tube after baking.

How do I clean the Bread Tube?

The Bread Tube is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to ensure it is thoroughly cleaned. Make sure to remove any excess batter or dough before washing.

Can I use the Bread Tube in a convection oven?

Yes, the Bread Tube is safe to use in a convection oven. Just be sure to follow the recommended cooking time and temperature for the recipe you are using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • VeronicaW
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
VeronicaW
  • thehaleykitchen