• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fresh Baked Bread: Learn the Color of the Ties

In summary, the ingredients needed to make fresh baked bread are flour, yeast, salt, sugar, water, and any additional flavorings or mix-ins. All-purpose flour is the best type for making fresh baked bread, but bread flour and whole wheat flour can also be used. The best way to knead bread dough is by using the heel of your hand and folding the dough over itself. On average, bread dough takes 1-2 hours to rise, but this can vary. Fresh baked bread can be frozen by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and storing it in an airtight container or freezer bag. It can be thawed in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Angela Epps
does anyone know where I can find the tip that I read on this site about the color on the bread ties? example= Monday's color would be white,
Tuesday would be Yellow and so on. The color of the tie tells you what bread is the most fresh.

Here you are!

Monday - Blue
Tuesday - Green
Thursday - Red
Friday - White
Saturday - Yellow
The colors go alphabetically Blue - Green - Red - White -Yellow, Monday thru Saturday. Very easy to remember.

Last edited:
Thank you! Is there a color for Wednesday?

No, bread is only delivered 5 days a week.

I found this on google:According to the grocery store manager we checked with, this is true, but each bread company uses its own color code, so there isn't just one that will apply to everything on the shelf.

bread tiesI have to say that is totally true about the bread ties my dad used to work in a grocery store and when i would come home with bread he always told me i got the oldest bread.

Could we find out?Is there a way we could find out some of the different maker's color codes? This would be GREAT to share at shows!!

What are the ingredients needed to make fresh baked bread?

The ingredients needed to make fresh baked bread are flour, yeast, salt, sugar, water, and any additional flavorings or mix-ins.

What type of flour is best for making fresh baked bread?

The best type of flour for making fresh baked bread is all-purpose flour. Bread flour can also be used for a chewier texture, and whole wheat flour can be used for a healthier option.

What is the best way to knead bread dough?

The best way to knead bread dough is to use the heel of your hand to push the dough away from you, then fold it back over itself and repeat. This helps to develop the gluten in the dough.

How long does it take for bread dough to rise?

The time it takes for bread dough to rise can vary, but on average it takes about 1-2 hours. Factors such as temperature and humidity can affect the rising time.

Can fresh baked bread be frozen?

Yes, fresh baked bread can be frozen. To freeze, wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. It can be thawed in the refrigerator or at room temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pc_jessica
  • chefpenny99
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Products and Tips
Replies