• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Amazing No-Knead Bread Recipe - Try it Today!

In summary, this conversation is about a recipe for No Knead Bread. The recipe calls for flour, yeast, salt, and water, and the dough needs to sit for 8-18 hours before baking. There are variations suggested for the bread such as adding dried cranberries and pecans or using different types of herbs and seasonings. Some people in the conversation have made the bread before and have their own tips and tricks for making it. The title of the recipe is a bit misleading since it does involve some kneading, but some people choose to skip this step. Overall, everyone loves this recipe and finds it easy to make.
finley1991
I just made this today and it was awesome!!!!! If you haven't tried it, you totally have to! Below is the recipe... I'll try to see if I can get the pics off my phone to post here (does anyone know how?). My apt smells SO good right now!!!

Note: I let the dough rise both times in a SS bowl... didn't us the parchment and had no problems. My baker is pretty seasoned...

No Knead Bread Recipe 

3 cups (15 oz.) unbleached all-purpose flour

¼ tsp. instant or rapid rise yeast

1 ½ tsp. table salt
1 ½ cups water at room temperature

Instructions:

1. Whisk flour, yeast, and salt together in a large bowl. If you are adding dry herbs or spices, add them at this time.

2. Add water.

3. Fold mixture, scraping up the dry flour from the bottom of the bowl until shaggy ball forms.

4. Cover mixture with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 8 to 18 hours.

5. Lay a sheet of parchment paper inside a pie plate and spray with nonstick cooking spray.

6. Transfer dough to lightly floured surface and knead 10-15 times (the dough is sticky and I will spray my fingers with Pam before starting this). I knead a few times to remove the large bubbles from the dough (and hence the bread) and to give the bread a more uniform look. If you are adding nuts, dried fruit, cheese, chocolate or other bulky ingredients, fold them in now.

7. Shape dough into a ball by pulling edges into the middle.

8. Transfer dough, seam side down to pie plate and cover with plastic wrap, sprayed with Pam.

9. Let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours. If you are not going to bake it in 2 hours, you can put it in the fridge—but then you need to let it rise for about 3 hours on the counter before baking.

10. About 30 minutes before baking, place the Pampered Chef’s Deep Covered Baker with lid or a heavy bottomed 6-8 quart Dutch Oven with lid on rack in a cold oven. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.

11. Using a sharp knife or cooking shears, make a 6-inch wide slit along the top of the dough. This will give a nice appearance to the finished bread.

12. Carefully remove the pot from the oven and remove the lid, pick up the dough by the parchment paper and lower into the pot (the parchment paper goes into the pot, too).

13. Cover pot and return to oven.

14. Bake for 30 minutes, remove lid and continue to bake until loaf is deep brown, about 15 to 25 minutes longer. If the crust gets too dark, loosely place a sheet of aluminum foil over it.

15. Carefully remove bread from pot and transfer to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.

Variations: (Be creative and try your own!)

• ½ cup dried cranberries and ½ cup toasted pecans or walnuts

• ½ cup toasted walnuts and ½ cup white or semisweet chocolate pieces

• 1 ½ tsp-1 ½ Tbsp Pampered Chef’s All-Purpose Dill Mix and 1 ½ tsp-1 ½ Tbsp. dried onion

• 1 ½ tsp-1 ½ Tbsp Pampered Chef’s Italian Seasoning Mix and 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil

• 1 ½ tsp-1 ½ Tbsp Pampered Chef’s Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix and 1 ½ tsp-1 ½ Tbsp dried or fresh chopped garlic (use less if dried)

• 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp nutmeg

• 4 oz. (2 cups) finely grated fresh parmesan cheese or Asiago cheese, 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary and ½ cup chopped green olives (pitted)

Rye Bread:
2 Tbsp. caraway seeds
1 5/8 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/8 cups rye flour

Whole Wheat Bread:
2 Tbsp. honey
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour

Colleen, I text my pics to my email address and then I can save them on my computer.

I'm being a little turd here. LOL! The title says, "No Knead Bread", but step 6 says knead the bread 10-15 times. Which is it????!!

Just having a bit of fun! Thanks for sharing.

Chef Kearns said:
I'm being a little turd here. LOL! The title says, "No Knead Bread", but step 6 says knead the bread 10-15 times. Which is it????!!

Just having a bit of fun! Thanks for sharing.

LOL! I just turned it about 4-5 times... in this recipe, she has you need it a lot to get the holes out, but I like holes in my bread. It came okay but not like last time I made it so next time... NO KNEADING!!!! :D

I love this recipe. I have been making it for a couple of years now. Mine is slightly different in that I do not knead it at all. I use beer in place of the water to give it a better flavor and I raise the dough in parchment (I do not spray it with oil), then I lift the parchment right out of the bowl and put in the hot Deep Covered Baker. Makes the transfer a little easier and it shows our parchment paper which is really good.

1. Can I use any type of flour for this no-knead bread recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of all-purpose flour for this recipe. However, using bread flour or a combination of bread flour and all-purpose flour will produce a chewier and more flavorful bread.

2. How long does it take for the bread to rise?

The bread will take approximately 12-18 hours to rise, depending on the temperature of your kitchen. If your kitchen is warmer, the rising time may be shorter.

3. Can I add additional ingredients to the bread dough?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients such as herbs, cheese, or dried fruits to the bread dough to add more flavor. Just make sure to adjust the amount of water and flour accordingly.

4. Can I use a dutch oven to bake this bread?

Yes, a dutch oven is the recommended baking vessel for this bread recipe. It helps create a crispy crust and traps the steam, resulting in a perfectly baked loaf. If you don't have a dutch oven, you can use a regular oven-safe pot with a lid.

5. Can I freeze the bread dough for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the bread dough after the first rise. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe bag. When ready to use, thaw the dough in the refrigerator overnight and let it come to room temperature before baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Oracle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ritabenson
  • DebPC