• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip Recipe for Your Next Party

In summary, the recipe calls for 3 whole heads of garlic, 3/4 tsp salt, 3 Tbsp olive oil, 2 poblano peppers, 1 medium onion, 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, 2 Tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix, 2 cans of Great Northern Beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa verde. The garlic needs to be sliced to expose cloves so that it can be cooked in the batter bowl, and then it needs to be
dianevill
Gold Member
I made this new recipe tonight for some visitors (a host and her daughter that stopped over to close a show) and they gave it a big :thumbup:. I would definitely do this recipe at shows. I would make one change for sure. The recipe calls for 2 T lemon juice. I thought it made it just a little too sour when dipped with the sour dough bread. I would cut back to about a tablespoon next time (it didn't taste too sour by itself, just with the sour dough bread). To save a little money, you could buy one round and use the inside bread for cubes, and then also serve with crackers and/or carrots. Next time, I want to try the Knorr Spinach mix instead of the vegetable mix. I bet that would be good!

Here's the recipe for anyone who doesn't have it yet and can't wait!

Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip

2 16 oz sourdough bread rounds (about 6" in diameter), divided
Vegetable oil (I used the garlic canola oil)
4 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 c milk
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts in water, drained
1 1.4 oz envelope or one 1.8 oz box (2 envelopes) vegetable soup mix (I found Knorr brand)
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 lemon
1 8 oz container sour cream
Grated fresh Parmesan cheese, optional (definitely use it!)

1. Preheat oven to 450. Slice top off of one bread round to create a lid. Carefully remove center of bread round to form a 4 1/2 inch wide and 2 inch deep well for dip. Slice center of first and entire second bread round into 1 inch cubes. Place bread bowl on center of Large ound Stone with Handles. Arrange bread cubes around bowl; spray with oil.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Add milk to cream cheese; whisk until smooth. Chop artichokes using Food Chopper. Add artichokes, soup mix and garlic to batter bowl; mix well. Microwave on high 5-7 minutes or until hot -do no boil (mine only took 4 and it started to brown on the edges). Juice lemon to measure 2 T juice. Stir juice and sour cream into hot artichoke mixture; pour into bread bowl.

3. If desired, grate Parmesan cheese over bread bowl and bread cubes using Rotary Grater. Lean lid against bread bowl (I sprayed this with oil and grated Parmesan cheese over it, too. Made it pretty). Bake 13-5 minutes or until bread cubes and top of dip are golden brown. REmove from oven; serve immediately.

Last edited:
I bet it would be good with spinach in it too.

This recipe is AWESOME!!! We made it at our cluster meeting last Tuesday and it went over very well. I agree with you Diane about the lemon juice, I think it might be even better with it scaled back. I LOVE our new theme shows, the Game Day one is GREAT (especially for TX - a huge football state)!!!

I also thought it might be good to add spinach to it?? Hmm, something to try at home!!

You could probably add 1 box of frozen spinach, thawed and well drained (salad spinner!), and maybe a little mayo to keep it "loose." Of course, then you'd have more dip than would fit in the bread, so you'd have to bake some in a small stone.

I cannot wait to make this. Time to have some company over.

YUMMO! Is all I have to say! We had it today at our meeting! :)

Wow, that sounds awesome -- thanks for sharing!

I am looking forward to seeing the microwave Chilli Recipe (hint*hint).

IAmChefJ said:
Wow, that sounds awesome -- thanks for sharing!

I am looking forward to seeing the microwave Chilli Recipe (hint*hint).

Wasn't this on CC already/ I thought we had this recipe around already...maybe I'm mistaken.

I don't have that one but I know ChefAnn does!

I think that one was on CC already - back when the DCB came out. Nope- I just looked. I don't remember this one. Sounds good!!Microwave White Chicken Chili3 whole heads garlic (about 48 cloves), unpeeled
3/4 tsp salt, divided
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 poblano peppers
1 medium onion
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 Tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 cans (15.5 oz each) Great Northern Beans, drained
1 jar (16 oz) salsa verdeUsing 5" Santoku knife, slice about 1/4 inch off pointed top of garlic heads to expose cloves. Place garlic cut side up in Classic Batter Bowl. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of the salt and 2 Tb of the oil. Cover batter bowl with lid, microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until garlic is soft. Set aside to cool.Meanwhile, finely dice peppers using Santoku knife. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Combine peppers and onion in DCB. Trim and finely dice chicken thighs using boning knife. Add chicken, seasoning mix, remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1 Tb oil to baker; mix well using master scraper. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4 minutes; stir to separate chicken. Cover; microwave on HIGH an additional 4-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Meanwhile, gently squeeze cooked garlic from heads into batter bowl. Discard skins. Mash using Mix 'n Masher. Add beans and salsa to batter bowl. Transfer bean mixture to DCB, mix well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until chili is heated through. Yield: 8 servings (8 cups)===
I might just have to make this for dinner tonight! :)

Last edited:
OMG, I love bread bowl ANYTHING! I'm totally making this for my cluster meeting next week! :)

janetupnorth said:
Hello garlic!

I know! And what a great opportunity to educate our customers about the difference between a head and a clove. :)

chefann said:
I know! And what a great opportunity to educate our customers about the difference between a head and a clove. :)

Yeah, 48 heads would be dangerous...you'd smell that chili clear in MI! (Since the winds head east...) :rolleyes:

In the Artichoke Dip - I dont see the sour cream listed in the ingredients - but later it calls for stirring it into the dip with the lemon juice. Diane, can you correct it? I'm sure you just forgot to type it in!

Cant wait to try these. I make a crock pot chicken chili already - this one sounds yummy and can you say GARLIC!!!!

Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip2 16 oz sourdough bread rounds (about 6" in diameter), divided
Vegetable oil (I used the garlic canola oil)
4 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 c milk
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts in water, drained
1 1.4 oz envelope or one 1.8 oz box (2 envelopes) vegetable soup mix (I found Knorr brand)
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 lemon
1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
Grated fresh Parmesan cheese, optional (definitely use it!)1. Preheat oven to 450. Slice top off of one bread round to create a lid. Carefully remove center of bread round to form a 4 1/2 inch wide and 2 inch deep well for dip. Slice center of first and entire second bread round into 1 inch cubes. Place bread bowl on center of Large ound Stone with Handles. Arrange bread cubes around bowl; spray with oil.2. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Add milk to cream cheese; whisk until smooth. Chop artichokes using Food Chopper. Add artichokes, soup mix and garlic to batter bowl; mix well. Microwave on high 5-7 minutes or until hot -do no boil (mine only took 4 and it started to brown on the edges). Juice lemon to measure 2 T juice. Stir juice and sour cream into hot artichoke mixture; pour into bread bowl.3. If desired, grate Parmesan cheese over bread bowl and bread cubes using Rotary Grater. Lean lid against bread bowl (I sprayed this with oil and grated Parmesan cheese over it, too. Made it pretty). Bake 13-5 minutes or until bread cubes and top of dip are golden brown. Remove from oven; serve immediately.Note: It takes only 8 oz. sour cream, most come in 16 oz.

Above is Diane's post edited to include it.

thanks Janet!

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
For those of us who didn't get to go to NC we appreciate the posting of these new recipes! Is there a special place on this site where all the new recipes are being posted?

Thanks for fixing it, Janet!

Sorry, everyone else!

I make a white chicken chili similar to this but stir in 16 oz of sour cream at the end! I have won chili cook off's with it.... i dont use as much garlic but coat my chicken in garlic salt before boiling it. YUMMM

Thanks for posting I can't wait to try them.

I made it for our cluster meeting the monday after we got back from NC (Wave 1). There was nothing left when we got done...

We all thought of adding crabmeat to it... :D

"Arrange bread cubes around bowl; spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer." Has anyone made the bread bowl artichoke dip and omitted this step? I'm not a big fan of the kitchen spritzer. Any other ideas?

yep do what I did serve it with crackers!!

for the mediterranean dip I am brushing the bread (didn't want the pitas) with my basting brush I put garlic canola oil in a pinch bowl shows more higher priced items

kkimpinski said:
"Arrange bread cubes around bowl; spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer." Has anyone made the bread bowl artichoke dip and omitted this step? I'm not a big fan of the kitchen spritzer. Any other ideas?

Use your silicone brush and lightly coat with oil -

I like to take a small loaf bread, cut thinly, and lay around the bowl. Otherwise it is hard to get the dip on the small cubes. I think the dip is too dense to work with on the cubes.

Thanks for the quick replies. I did think of using the silicone basting brush (which I love) and brushing the oil on. It's nice to hear that others had the same thoughts/ideas.

One more question. Did everyone grate the parmesan cheese over top? I would like to demo the new grater but my small town grocery store does not carry fresh parmesan. It is just as good without?

Bumping...just wondering if everyone grated the fresh parmesan cheese overtop or omitted this step.

kkimpinski said:
Bumping...just wondering if everyone grated the fresh parmesan cheese overtop or omitted this step.

I use the cheese.

I thought the cheese was a great addition, haven't tried it without.

I've made this at 3 of my 4 Sept shows and am making it at least once in Oct too... people LOVE it!

kkimpinski said:

I think if you have the Spritzer, you should break it out for this recipe. I had never used it before and am not super crazy about it, but I've sold 2 Spritzers at each show so far!

dianevill said:
Next time, I want to try the Knorr Spinach mix instead of the vegetable mix. I bet that would be good!

has anyone tried this??
im making this for my oct 2nd show & was gonna test it this weekend but i was thinking that the spinach mix would taste better...

redsoxgirl said:
I think if you have the Spritzer, you should break it out for this recipe. I had never used it before and am not super crazy about it, but I've sold 2 Spritzers at each show so far!

You know - any time I show the kitchen spritzer, I sell at least 2-3 at that show...it's a quick add-on!

redsoxgirl said:
I've made this at 3 of my 4 Sept shows and am making it at least once in Oct too... people LOVE it!

Really? I finally made this today and both my husband and myself didn't care for it. My DH picked up on the citrus taste...lemon juice right away and said he thought it would taste better without. (I had to agree.)

I made the dip using crab meat rather than artichokes... I also added some "Old Bay" it's a Maryland spice.. turned out GREAT!! :)

It sounds good both ways, crab meat and artichoke. The one show I did with the bread bowl they loved it with the artichoke. I love crab though so I will have to try that ;)
I am not a fan of the kitchen spritzer either, at the one show I used it at (when I first started PC) it clogged up or something and wouldn't spray. Everyone was disappointed and one lady said, "I have one and I hate it, if you plan to order one don't, you can have mine for free!" She is a big Pampered Chef fan too. Needless to say nobody ordered them at that show. I tried it several more times at home thinking I was doing something wrong, I just don't care for it at all, I quit demo'ing it all together.

I've only had the bread bowl dip at our fall kick-off meeting but I loved it. We did spray it with the spritzer, and we did grate on some parmesan using the new grater. My kitchen spritzer is 3 years old and I've never had one problem with it - I use it weekly and especially love it when using my fluted pan. I sell plenty too and have never had a complaint!

I plan on using this recipe for my Nov shows and I think I will offer the crab as an alternative - thanks for the tip, it sounds wonderful!!! And I will use the kitchen spritzer and the parmesan in the grater - both products are great I think for our interactive shows.

colegrovet said:
I made the dip using crab meat rather than artichokes... I also added some "Old Bay" it's a Maryland spice.. turned out GREAT!! :)

Terry, did you add the lemon juice when you substitued the crab meat?

1. What ingredients do I need to make the bread bowl artichoke dip?

To make the bread bowl artichoke dip, you will need 2 sourdough bread rounds (about 6" in diameter), vegetable oil, cream cheese, milk, canned artichoke hearts, vegetable soup mix, garlic, lemon, sour cream, and grated Parmesan cheese (optional).

2. Can I use a different type of bread for the bread bowl?

Yes, you can use a different type of bread for the bread bowl, but make sure it is a round loaf that is about 6 inches in diameter and has a sturdy crust.

3. Can I make any substitutions to the ingredients?

Yes, you can make some substitutions to the ingredients. Instead of the vegetable soup mix, you can use a Knorr Spinach mix for a different flavor. You can also use a different type of oil, such as garlic canola oil, for added flavor.

4. How do I make the bread bowl for the dip?

To make the bread bowl, you will need to slice off the top of one bread round to create a lid. Then, carefully remove the center of the bread to create a well for the dip. You can use the bread cubes to serve with the dip, along with crackers or vegetables.

5. How long does it take to cook the bread bowl artichoke dip?

The bread bowl artichoke dip will take about 15-20 minutes to cook in the oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to keep an eye on it to prevent burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly