• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brand New Pampered Chef Consultant...just Moved to Area

In summary, a Pampered Chef consultant is looking for advice on how to find customers outside of her busy dental office and her husband's workplace. She is considering leaving catalogs and business cards in the waiting room, but her employers do not allow her to promote her business at work. Suggestions include wearing a PC button on her scrubs to spark conversations with patients, hosting an open house for neighbors, and reaching out to local schools for vendor opportunities or donations. It is also recommended to get clothing with the PC logo and practice striking up conversations with strangers to mention the business.
CraftyLilDevil
OK all you long-time PC'ers, I need some help here. First, let me just say this is my first post on this website...I didn't even know it existed until earlier tonight, so hello everybody! :)

Here's the problem...(might be kind of a long post)

I just signed up (4 months ago) and have only had one show. I work full time in a very busy dental office. There is already one PC consultant at my job (she recruited me) and all my co-workers are Pampered Chef'd out! They've all had shows and bought all the PC stuff they need, so they're probably not going to be my customers.

So, I thought I'd leave catalogs and business cards in the waiting room of the office where I work. Nope. Can't do that. My employers don't want me talking about PC at work because they say it might distract me from my job.

Since my co-workers aren't interested and can't talk about PC to any of the patients or their parents, what can I do to get customers? We have been talking about finding a church in our area, so that's one idea I've had, but what else can I do?

Hubby's work won't let him hand out catalogs either. We have no kids, so that option is out too. We just relocated to this area and not much of our family back home is interested either.

I'm getting frustrated because I am SO excited about my new business, but feel I never have the chance to share it with anyone.

Any ideas?
Thanks for listening and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

CraftyLilDevil
http://craftydevil.blogspot.com/

Hey Crafty--Buy a PC button and wear it on your scrubs. That way if a patient or patient's parent sees it they can begin a dialogue with you and you keep your co-workers sane.

There is always the Open House option. Invite all of your neighbors. It is important to do this in person, so in your case I would walk the neighborhood on Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon since you work full-time.

Even though you don't have children you can call up the local schools and seek out their PTO leaders to find out about upcoming carnivals. Many schools do their carnivals in early Spring. They usually offer vendor space or are in need of a donation.

These are a few to get you going. I'm sure some of the others will have plenty of great suggestions! Good luck and don't give up!!

Get a few shirts....and think outside of the box.It sounds like you don't know that many people that you don't already share with the other consultant in your office. Invest in a few items of clothing with the PC logo, and start wearing them when you go to the store. Practice striking up conversations with people about any old thing....soon you will find a way to mention your business....practice it! I have gotten bookings from talking to total strangers at Target! If you are a shy person...that's okay...don't start by saying "HI, wanna have a show?" Start by saying HI and commenting on what they are looking at. Soon it will become natural for you to chat with people...then you will be more comfortable mentioning PC to them.

Good luck!

1. How do I get started as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

As a new consultant, the first step is to connect with your upline or mentor who can guide you through the onboarding process. They will provide you with all the necessary information and resources to start your Pampered Chef journey. Additionally, attending training sessions and networking with other consultants can also help you get started on the right track.

2. What products should I focus on promoting as a new consultant?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of products, so it can be overwhelming to decide which ones to promote. As a new consultant, it's best to focus on the products that you personally love and use in your own kitchen. This will make it easier for you to share your genuine enthusiasm and recommendations with others.

3. How can I find customers in a new area?

One of the best ways to find customers in a new area is by hosting a launch party. This can be a great opportunity to introduce yourself and your business to your new community. You can also reach out to local businesses, attend community events, and utilize social media to spread the word about your Pampered Chef business.

4. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

There are many benefits to becoming a Pampered Chef consultant. Not only do you have the opportunity to earn income and discounts on products, but you also have the flexibility to work on your own schedule. You'll also have the chance to connect with others, learn new skills, and be a part of a supportive community.

5. How can I build my team as a new consultant?

Building your team as a new consultant can be a great way to grow your business and earn additional income. To do this, focus on sharing your personal success and experiences with others, and offer mentorship and support to those who are interested in joining the Pampered Chef community. You can also attend recruiting events and utilize social media to find potential team members.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cmdtrgd