• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Sweet Treat - Uncovering the Mystery of the Apple & Raisin Braid

In summary, the conversation is about a braid with apples and raisins that was made by a consultant at a show. It is similar to an apple pie but made with crescent rolls. The speaker is unsure if it is a PC recipe and asks for help finding it. Another person suggests searching for desserts on CC and the speaker also shares a recipe for an Apple Nut Ring. The conversation ends with someone suggesting using any apple pie filling for the braid.
cla519
I have a custome that had been to a show awhile ago and the consultant made a braid with apples and raisons. She said it was kind of like an apple pie but in the cresents. Does anyone know if this is a PC recipe? If it is do you know where I can find it?

Did you try CC searching for desserts?

I found this on CC
Apple Nut Ring
Ingredients:
2 packages (7.5 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1/3 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Separate biscuits. In Classic Batter Bowl, microwave butter on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until melted. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip biscuits in butter; roll in sugar mixture. Arrange biscuits in an overlapping circular pattern in Deep Dish Baker.

2. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer Slicer. Cut slices in half crosswise with Utility Knife. Place an apple slice between each biscuit and around outer edge of baker. Grate nuts using Deluxe Cheese Grater fitted with coarse grating drum. Mix nuts with any remaining sugar mixture; sprinkle over top.

3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown. Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.

The "braid" is a basic recipe - there's about a half a bazillion different fillings for it. I do the cheesey chicken broccoli braid for my shows but haven't tried the apple one yet.Let me know how it is!

heat123 said:
I found this on CC
Apple Nut Ring
Ingredients:
2 packages (7.5 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1/3 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Separate biscuits. In Classic Batter Bowl, microwave butter on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until melted. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip biscuits in butter; roll in sugar mixture. Arrange biscuits in an overlapping circular pattern in Deep Dish Baker.

2. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer Slicer. Cut slices in half crosswise with Utility Knife. Place an apple slice between each biscuit and around outer edge of baker. Grate nuts using Deluxe Cheese Grater fitted with coarse grating drum. Mix nuts with any remaining sugar mixture; sprinkle over top.

3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown. Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.

I would imagine that you could use the filling part with the cresent rolls? Maybe thats what that consultant did. She said it was on the pizza stone and done in a circle.

Any apple pie filling should work: apples, spices, a little lemon juice for tartness and a little flour to thicken the juice. Yum!

What ingredients do I need to make the Apple & Raisin Braid?

To make the Apple & Raisin Braid, you will need frozen puff pastry, apples, raisins, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, egg, and powdered sugar for the glaze.

How long does it take to make the Apple & Raisin Braid?

Preparation time for the Apple & Raisin Braid is approximately 20 minutes, and baking time is 25-30 minutes, for a total of about 50 minutes.

Can I make the Apple & Raisin Braid in advance?

Yes, you can prepare the Apple & Raisin Braid up to a day in advance, but do not bake it until you are ready to serve it. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake.

What type of apples do you recommend for the Apple & Raisin Braid?

We recommend using Granny Smith apples for this recipe, as they hold their shape and have a slightly tart flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the raisins and glaze.

Can I substitute the raisins for another dried fruit?

Yes, you can substitute the raisins for other dried fruits such as cranberries, cherries, or apricots. Just make sure to chop the dried fruit into small pieces before adding them to the filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • toneybug