• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Help McVaugh Kids Win "Think Outside the Box" Contest!

In summary, Lisa is asking for people to send her children Box Tops in order to help them win a contest. There are a variety of Box Tops that can be earned, and if you register for your school on Box Top's website, you can earn a percentage of your purchase.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I just wanted to ask if you could help my children out with this contest the school is running. Our familiy is local to our area...so they don't stand a chance, as my 2nd grader put it, lol. So we are wondering if any of my/our Pampered Chef :chef: family would help us out.......

“Think Outside the Box” Tops Contest!! - Where are they coming from?? contest for Lathrop St. Elem. School!

Please send at least $1.00 worth of BOX TOPS….that’s 10 BOX TOPS or Bonus Box Tops to equal at least 10 pts.!!

Have them write YOUR name* and your Grade/Teacher’s name on that BACK of the envelope.
Then, have them mail the envelope to:

LATHROP ST. PTO BOX TOPS CONTEST
14 Lathrop St
Montrose, PA 18801

**In case of a tie, the student with THE MOST BOXTOPS sent from the farthest, will be the winner!!**
*LIMIT 1 Child’s NAME PER submission!!

Problem I have is I have 3 children, so I'm listing them and all their class info. If anyone is willing to help my kiddos out...I don't really care which child you send for...I think they'll cheer for each other!!

Margo McVaugh - 2nd Grade - Mrs. Kerr
OR
Molly McVaugh - 4th Grade - Mrs. Warner
OR
Megan McVaugh - 6th Grade - Mr. Cherundolo or Mr. C
as most here write.

Thanks again for any and all help...my girls would love to be at least have some sent farther than Binghamton NY, which is not far from where we live, lol.

I wish we were going somewhere exciting and far away for vacation...but we are not.

Thanks,
Lisa
a Grateful Mom and one willing to help others out with things like this!!

how many? is it 10 per kid?

Yeah, they have to have at least 10 Box Tops for each child/submission and only 1 childs name can be listed on back of envelope.

I know some of our products have lately had a 5 bonus Box Top, so it would mean 2 of those...for a total of 10 pts.

Hope that's a little clearer, lol. I'm typing and my oldest is trying to tell me how to ask...lol.

Thanks.
Lisa

I've been setting them aside to give to someone (DS isn't school aged yet). Maybe I'll maill one envelope for my mom to send from CA. :D If it didn't take so long to turn around, I'd send them to Sheila...

BTW, you have time to save these...these will need to be Postmarked by Sept. 13th...so plenty of time to save...forgot to put that on original post.

Thanks for any help.

Lisa

Noora,
Thanks....my kids were upset...we checked today and school said there's been some rec'd and my girls were like...well mom....we don't even have anyone to ask...and I said.. Well Mom will see if my PC friends will help us out!!

Thanks so much,

Lisa

I have been saving for my grandson, but I will send enough for each child to be entered. Good Luck all the way from the Gulf.

Thanks so much!! Again, make sure your address is there so we can track the miles and then my girls will send out Thank Yous to everyone who send for them....means allot to them!!

Our principal said PTO had to be NUTS to try and keep track of miles/distance and we laughed and said Google Maps is an amazing thing. Or at least that's what my hubby says, as they use that for his work all the time!!

I'd LOVE to help! Some of our cheffer friends were kind enough to send a postcard to my daughter and now it's my turn :D

Excuse my ignorance though, what box tops? Is this everywhere? I'm in Canada and have NO idea what you're talking about.

The box tops come on a variety of products. Our most frequents ones come from the pillsbury pizza crusts & crescent rolls. If you don't have any Jodi, I can send some to you to send back. :)

Jodi,
Box Tops are shortened from Box Tops for Education....they are on some participating products and are worth a dime a piece.

They are on lots of products that General Mills makes...from Cereals to Granola Bars....Pillsbury products like Cresent Rolls...Pillsbury baking products...there are TONS.

Help Support Schools and Education, Create Change – Box Tops for Education

You can go on and register for your school of your choice..if you don't have one...Lathrop St. Elem. is in Montrose PA 18801

They also have a listing of products: http://www.boxtops4education.com/earn/clip/Brands.aspx

They also have where you can register for your school and when you shop on line and go through the marketplace on Box Tops site...you can earn a % of your purchase for your school. Like for example, Barnes & Nobles..donates 6% of your purchases.

I can't get the little clip art of the Box Top to show up...sorry.

HTH,

Lisa

crystalscookingnow said:
The box tops come on a variety of products. Our most frequents ones come from the pillsbury pizza crusts & crescent rolls. If you don't have any Jodi, I can send some to you to send back. :)

Sure Crystal I'm game. Send them on! :)

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Jodi,
Box Tops are shortened from Box Tops for Education....they are on some participating products and are worth a dime a piece.

They are on lots of products that General Mills makes...from Cereals to Granola Bars....Pillsbury products like Cresent Rolls...Pillsbury baking products...there are TONS.

Help Support Schools and Education, Create Change – Box Tops for Education

You can go on and register for your school of your choice..if you don't have one...Lathrop St. Elem. is in Montrose PA 18801

They also have a listing of products: http://www.boxtops4education.com/earn/clip/Brands.aspx

They also have where you can register for your school and when you shop on line and go through the marketplace on Box Tops site...you can earn a % of your purchase for your school. Like for example, Barnes & Nobles..donates 6% of your purchases.

I can't get the little clip art of the Box Top to show up...sorry.

HTH,

Lisa

Thank you Lisa for the links. The Participating Products one was especially helpful. I don't think we have that program here since I've never heard of it and I'm really involved in our children's school. I'd be happy to send along whatever I can.

Are the packages marked in some special way to indicate they qualify or is it just the top from any product on the list? I'd hate to collect and send out to find out the Canadian ones don't qualify :(

okay, i dug out my collection and have about 21 for each of the girls. they'll be in the mail tomorrow from san antonio, tx!

You guys ROCK!! I love PC and how we come together to help each other out!!

Box Tops for Education as far as I know as same everywhere.

I've got tears in my eyes at the overwhelming response...you have made this Mom's day!!

I just went through my stash and found 23 for each girl. I will get them in the mail this week.

Thanks so much, again my girls will be so excited when they get the news that mail has arrived at school for them!!

Lisa

It's been so long since I've saved those that I forgot what they come with!

Just noticed I'm not far from PA ... maybe I can take them out to Colorado and send from there, and see if I can get my cousin in on it too if her DD's school doesn't take 'em.

Thanks!!

maybe I can take them out to Colorado and send from there, and see if I can get my cousin in on it too if her DD's school doesn't take 'em.

Just sending them is going to be enough. I appreciate it more than you know.

Lisa

But if your kid gets more points if they're mailed from Colorado, it's nothing to mail it from there just for a cool postmark!

Yes, they would get credit, as it would be farther miles. Thanks,

Lisa

I want to thank those of you who've sent so far....I don't know who to specifically thank.....all I know is secretary at school said envelopes have been coming in with my girls names on back. So I thank you and so do my girls!!

Lisa

I will see what we have at my house..but I can tell you that I won't be able to help you with the farthest thing since in comparison to all of these other people I live down the road from you..LOL

I'm not going to colorado for a month so it weren't me ... LOL! I'm single so it takes us longer to rack up the box tops. Hope to have 10 by that time. Keep us posted as to which one needs more.

Heidi, LOL ... if you REALLY want her to get the point, you can mail it to me in Ohio and then I will mail 2 envelopes from Colorado!

Lisa ...

I leave for Colorado in 10 days. So far I have only 4 saved, but just opened a box of cereal with 3 more on it (have one Tupperware cereal keeper lurking about) and will probably either open a different kind of cereal or make Hamburger Helper to get the other 3 box tops.

Do you have any idea which kid needs the most points? I don't see myself having enough points to take care of all three.

I have NINE envelopes for you. 3 for each child. Yes, they ALL went in the military pack out! :( I forgot to grab them off the table before the movers came in the door. I left Okinawa, Japan on Saturday & am now in Tokyo, Japan for 3 years. It will be WEEKS before I get my stuff back from the military.I'm so sorry girl!!!
smiliesorry.gif

Found a couple more around my house ... friend said she was buying GoGurt and I asked her to save the box tops .. but she forgot to do it when I bought her cereal so I'm not holding my breath ...

Hope I have enough for more than one envelope but I don't see myself doing 3.

Lisa,
I just licked 3 envelopes for your girls.
(I am sorry it sounds dirty :blushing: I don't mean it)
So what i meant is i put 10 boxtops each in 3 envelopes for every one of your girls. I hope they win the contest.
Mailing it in the morning. They are coming from South Dakota.

Zsuzsanna

Di_Can_Cook said:
Found a couple more around my house ... friend said she was buying GoGurt and I asked her to save the box tops .. but she forgot to do it when I bought her cereal so I'm not holding my breath ...

Hope I have enough for more than one envelope but I don't see myself doing 3.

What i did was, I went around the house and cut every tops off. Mostly kleenex, but found some on unopened cereal boxes and taco shells, also some feminine stuff. Just cut the paper not the plastic package, so they do not spoil, if it's food. :thumbup:

We eat a lot of frozen pizza and the brand we buy has the box tops. I will start collecting them and will mail them along as I collect enough. They will be coming from Alabama.

I have Kleenex in my house ... and I don't understand why they don't have a box top thing on the bottom!I did find them on my Ziplock bags and Bisquick.Right now I have 11 of them, some Betty Crocker potatoes, 3 unopened boxes of cereal, and some "helpers." If they turn up on my kleenex boxes too and I buy more ziplock bags I will have 20 of them or more. Still not sure if I'll get up to 3 next week ... it depends on whether I can get my cousin in on it!Sheila, good luck on your move ... I think she said she has until Sept. 13 and I'm pretty sure if it's postmarked by then it's OK.

Lisa mailed today from Louisiana. Good Luck to you girls!!!!!

I'm gonna start collecting them too & I'll give them to my hubby's cousin that lives in Germany to mail & I may even be able to get you some from Japan if I'm lucky. :)

Di_Can_Cook said:
Sheila, good luck on your move ... I think she said she has until Sept. 13 and I'm pretty sure if it's postmarked by then it's OK.

Oooh! Hopefully I'll have my shipment by then! Now, just wondering WHICH box they will be in! LOL I've found in the past that things sitting together on a table can all end up in separate boxes! ;)

Oh sheesh. Remind me to encourage my cousin NOT to go with her DH should he get shipped overseas!I was at my friend's house and scrounged around for box tops .... found a Ziplock bag and three boxes of cereal ... By my best guess I'm up to 27 or so. Should have almost 30 by the time I leave for Colo. And for the life of me, I can't figure out why some Kleenex boxes have them and others do not!

Lisa, I am sending one envelope for each of your kids. I was able to find them at home, but if I hadn't, would have hit the box tops jackpot here! Little Cuz is going to a new school and I don't know if they collect then.

Wrote a message to each of the kids that this town is beautiful and I really hope some day their family can visit!

Lisa,
I would love to help your kids out! But I only have enough for one child right now. Oh....did I mention that I'm stationed in Germany!!! I think that will get them quite a few miles. I will send it this week but the mail does take a little while but it should be there by the deadline. And I will try to mail an envelope for each child. Good luck!

Monica

I just collected ten tops and got them ready to send for the first child on the list, Margo. I will send for the next two as soon as I have collected the minimum.

Lisa,

I am putting 2 envolopes for each child in the mail in the morning. There are a total of 60 box tops per child. Good Luck to all the girls!

Beckie

Is there and update on who won and stuff?

Is this still going on or was it a summer school project?

The deadline was in the first post ... I think it was September.

I too would like to know if any of the kiddos won ... and if they got any of our messages. I wrote notes with mine.

I was just thinking about this today while cutting more box tops. The military packed the envelopes I had set out to mail and I STILL haven't found them!!! So many boxes, so little time! LOL

Sheila said:
I was just thinking about this today while cutting more box tops. The military packed the envelopes I had set out to mail and I STILL haven't found them!!! So many boxes, so little time! LOL

Don't leave anything out that you don't want packed..........in fact, don't even have it in the house! They packed the dog food that I had hid under a bed that wasn't going (and I told them not to pack it before they started) and they packed a bag of trash. But the best was when they packed three stones stacked together with no paper between them but individually wrapped plastic cups!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • buckeyefan08