• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bounced Checks: How to Handle a Guest's Bounced Check

C
ChefSarah
I had a guest bounce a check to me.

What should I do? Should I charge NSF fees?

I would definately try and collect it. Stores and other businesses do.

Make it a policy.I had to start posting an NSF charge on all my order forms. It costs you money at your bank. So, it makes sense to at least recover that cost. Now, my way of thinking is that it also takes you time and energy then to track down that person and get it all taken care of as well. Add on something for that time and trouble. Also, make sure you get every customer's phone number who gives you a check or a credit card. You will NEVER want to call a host and tell them why you need to have that info about a customer. It's amazing what some people will spread around town.

Last edited:
I have the guests write their check to the host and then have the host writes one check to me. Then I dont have to deal with bad checks from the guests that I dont even know. I have NEVER had a bad check from a host in the 6 years I have sold (knock on wood). Hope this helps you out.

chefloriray

1. What should I do if a guest bounces a check to me?

If a guest bounces a check to you, the first thing you should do is contact the guest and inform them of the bounced check. You can do this by phone or in writing. It is important to maintain a professional and polite tone when communicating with the guest.

2. Should I charge NSF fees for a bounced check?

It is common for businesses to charge Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) fees for bounced checks. However, it is ultimately up to your discretion as a business owner. If you do decide to charge NSF fees, make sure to clearly communicate this in your policies and to the guest before accepting their check.

3. Can I legally take legal action against a guest who bounces a check?

Yes, you have the right to take legal action against a guest who bounces a check. However, it is important to first try to resolve the issue directly with the guest. Taking legal action should be a last resort.

4. How can I prevent guests from bouncing checks in the future?

There are a few steps you can take to prevent guests from bouncing checks in the future. First, make sure to verify the guest's identity and check for sufficient funds before accepting a check. You can also implement a policy of only accepting cash or credit/debit cards. Additionally, you can require a deposit or credit card authorization for large or long-term reservations.

5. What should I do if a guest refuses to pay for a bounced check?

If a guest refuses to pay for a bounced check, you may need to seek legal action. However, it is important to first try to resolve the issue through communication and negotiation. You may also want to consider reporting the guest to a check verification service, which can make it difficult for them to write bad checks in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
lkbcovington
  • PCJen