• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unique Door Prize Ideas for Tomorrow's Booth

In summary, the conversation is about different ideas for door prizes and raffle giveaways at booths or events. The participants mention using gift certificates, free cooking shows, and various products as prizes. They also discuss the effectiveness of raffles in generating quality leads and share success with using coupons and recipes as promotional handouts. Some also mention sharing booths with others and the different strategies they use for distributing raffle slips and promoting their businesses.
caraighan
Gold Member
We have a booth tomorrow and I was wondering...

What you give out as your door prize? My director usually gives a cookbook. I was wondering about some other suggestions.

I give a gift certificate. In most cases, then they have to choose if they are going to use it and nine times out of 10 the people that win it will buy more than just what the gift certificate is worth. Then you get the contact info.

I do a drawing for a free cooking show. What they DON'T know is that everyone wins ;)

I am doing a booth next friday, my drawing is going to be for a season's best, mini spatula and maybe a pantry rub. I also have to provide a prize for their raffle drawing and that is going to be the 3 pantry items and a seasons best along with a $10 off $50 purchase.

My prize is different every time. I give something that I have (usually about $25 in cost) but that can vary depending on the booth!!

I definitely do a gift certificate every time. This way THEY choose and it's easier to ship if necessary (I tend to just notify them and they use it quickly by contacting me with their order). It is MY gift certificate so is only redeemable through me.

I do this also for a contact. Sometimes I don't really meet the person (if it's a raffle) and this is a great way to get a new customer. A product doesn't do the same. If I have something on hand that I'm just happy to donate, well...I sell it! People love cash n carry.

Unless a raffle is required, I find I don't get quality leads AT ALL from raffles. I've done a mega drawing for anyone who hosts a show :D from a booth event, with something huge like a gift basket or spice collection or forged cutlery knife for free -- for one of those who book at the booth.

Instead, I have had good success with things like the attached - coupon and recipe with contact info all over it.

Attachments

• PC Booth Handout with Coupons.doc
    911 KB · Views: 1,354
scottcooks said:
Unless a raffle is required, I find I don't get quality leads AT ALL from raffles. I've done a mega drawing for anyone who hosts a show :D from a booth event, with something huge like a gift basket or spice collection or forged cutlery knife for free -- for one of those who book at the booth.Instead, I have had good success with things like the attached - coupon and recipe with contact info all over it.
I like this handout-very nice! And a perfect recipe for holiday booths coming up.
In the handout- on the second page...what is the 'free gift' given for visiting the website? A recipe?

scottcooks said:
Unless a raffle is required, I find I don't get quality leads AT ALL from raffles. I've done a mega drawing for anyone who hosts a show :D from a booth event, with something huge like a gift basket or spice collection or forged cutlery knife for free -- for one of those who book at the booth.

Instead, I have had good success with things like the attached - coupon and recipe with contact info all over it.

I agree... most of the time I don't get quality leads. However, most of the time, I set up with another or others sharing the booth. Usually I share the booth with my director. I mentioned it to her what I've heard others say about not putting out the drawing slips for everyone to fill them out. But to hand them out to the one we talk to who seem that they are interested. She didn't like that idea at all.

As far as the coupon that is attached... I've given out some recipes and coupons like that one. I don't think I had the stuff that is on the back of it. I haven't gotten anyone take me up on the coupons. What percentage of the people you give those to do you think take you up on it?

Love this flyer! Just in time - my next two Saturday's I have vendor fairs and wondered what I should do!

I raffle a gift certificate, my own not an official PC one. I also give a FREE cooking show if anyone from the festival that books a show.

scottcooks said:

I love this! I think I'm going to use this and maybe make a batch or two of the candy to pass out as samples.

1st place--free cooking show, held within two months, I bring the ingredients (many, many people win this)
2nd place -- free shipping to a local address (I add it to another show and deliver myself)
3rd place -- Seasons Best

Well, I have an event Saturday and I think I am done. I have done 8 of these and haven't really gotten much. I had one show that cancelled. I fell that people come to some of these events (the ones I have participated in) and aren't looking for PC stuff.

So, I am trying something new. I had stopped doing handouts, but I will try it again. I used to set up the kit and some cash and carry. Well, I haven't sold any of that and I don't know if they kit display is a good idea. I was thinking of maybe doing displays of gift ideas or maybe adding some ribbons and bows to the kit? Would love suggestions.

here a few good ideas.. i setp the new stuff and order some of mix and chops ad a few other items. that people tend to buy. look at your top sell list and than get some for booths. i have ben selling over 150 every time since i did that. so selling is t better thatn it use to be.

What's your opinion on offering those interested in becoming a consultant a free (or reduced... I'd pay part of it) consultant kit if they sign the agreement at the booth?

I don't do door prize drawings anymore. I usually have a sale which gets them to stop. Like right now, I have all the Simple Additions stuff at 30% off instead of 20% off. The ones who really like Pampered Chef will stop for the sale. Once I have their attention, I ask them if they would like to sign up for my monthly e-mail newsletter which contains a recipe of the month. I may walk away with only 10-12 contacts in hand, but they are ALL good contacts. I do a monthly 5 hour booth at a vendor event that our community center on base holds & I usually sell $200-$250 at the booth and get an average of 3 bookings plus the 10-12 leads for my newsletter. So it's all worth the $20 investment to me!!! :D

Amy, GREAT idea! But I think that I'd offer them $25 when they qualify vs. helping to buy the kit. That way they are motivated to actually DO the required $1,250 in sales which would give them a jump start on their new business.Or you could say $20/$25 if they qualify in their first 90 days, $40/$50 if they qualify in their first 30 days. :D

I think that's a great idea Sheila... gets us no where if they don't qualify.

Any ideas for a display? I think I'm just burnt out on the fairs.

Anne...

We just set up our booth, but I won't be taking pictures until tomorrow...

We have a small selection of items from most of the different product lines, focusing on entertaining and the holidays. We also have a table with gift ideas on it. We have a corner booth, and set it up so that it's open...people walk in to it. We have a small rolling kitchen island in the front corner for demoing the food chopper, mandoline, garlic stuff, citrus press, knives, etc.

I think it looks really nice. This was our first time doing this particular booth without our "fearless leader" (who now lives in PHX), and it turned out pretty good!

Anyways, I'll try to post some pics tomorrow evening or Saturday...I work the booth tomorrow from 1-5 and Sunday from 10-1.

I've got a booth tomorrow and I've got NO clue how I'm setting up. We've got to leave in about 10 minutes to go to oldest dds first choir performance (5th grade) and she's very nervous and wants us there. So we're going to drive almost an hour from here for a 15 minute performance and then come home, lol. But that's what parents do. I need to have C&C, but my problem is they want things wrapped and pretty, it's a Holiday Extravaganza. I'm going to donate a basket for door prize (they request something from each vendor) and then I want to do something at my booth myself to get their names, etc.

But I'm not sure how to set up tables, what current things to bring and how to set that up so people know it's NOT for sale C&C, but they can order it.....how to set up or arrange C&C, I've got all door prize things, along with green knives, scrapers, peelers, pantry and some HWC items. I've got bigger things I could bring, but don't think I want to bother with that. MY ?? is, how much do I charge, say for the Color Coated Tomato Knife as C&C, what's in book (without S&H and tax)?? or add S&H and tax?? Give 10% off and charge S&H and tax......what do you find works??? Also what about receipts, how do you do that??

Also, do you have food for them to sample?? I'm thinking of making some of the Almond bark, as I bought ingredients, but not sure how to hand it out, as I don't like the thought of people reaching into dish or platter??? Suggestions?? I've not been given a booth with elec., so it's not like I can make stuff there.

I've got the 3 tiered stand I can set up if needed, along with Rec. stand.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa

I might display the kit that is $65.00 and have a help wanted sign up. I always give away a free cooking show in the drawing.

1. What are some unique door prize ideas for tomorrow's booth?

Some unique door prize ideas for tomorrow's booth could include: personalized kitchen utensils, a gift basket filled with Pampered Chef products, a cooking class with a Pampered Chef consultant, a kitchen gadget set, or a gift certificate to a local restaurant.

2. Are there any door prizes that are specific to Pampered Chef?

Yes, there are several door prizes that are specific to Pampered Chef. Some ideas include: a Pampered Chef cookbook, a set of Pampered Chef measuring cups or spoons, a Pampered Chef apron, or a Pampered Chef kitchen tool set.

3. How can I make my door prize stand out and be memorable?

One way to make your door prize stand out and be memorable is to personalize it. This could include adding the recipient's name to the prize or including a handwritten note. Another way is to choose a unique and useful prize that attendees will appreciate.

4. Can I offer a discount as a door prize?

Yes, offering a discount as a door prize is a great idea. This can be a percentage off a purchase or a specific dollar amount. It can also be a discount on a specific product or service.

5. How many door prizes should I have for tomorrow's booth?

This will depend on the size of your booth and the number of attendees you expect. It's always a good idea to have a few extra door prizes on hand in case more people show up than expected. It's also a good idea to have a variety of prizes to appeal to different interests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smithcooking
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
milkangel
  • Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies