1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Booth Space, need help

Tags:
  1. ChefVicki

ChefVicki Novice Member

Hi Everyone, I am new to this fourm, but it seems really great. I have been with PC for 2 years now but this weekend I am doing a booth at a Womens Expo. I need some ideas of what has worked for all of you. I was thinking of offering a free kitchen show as a drawing?? What do you think of that--I would provide all the ingred. for the show along with plates cups and napkins and such. I really need to build my bookings so any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated. :)

Apr 12, 2005
  2. KathyG

KathyG Novice Member

Booth

I have done a few booths this past year and this is what I do. I usually do a booth with a few other consultants and we have found that the best thing to offer for the drawing is to do a gift certificate (we usually do $30). We started with a product received for the drawing but then it seemed like people were not as interested in our booth if they didn't care about the product they could receive for free or if they already had it. The gift certificate seemed to work well.

As far as the free kitchen show we use that in a different way. If you call the people that marked no on your door prize slip you can tell them they didn't win the drawing but they did win a free show!

Keep browsing this posting board for booths! You will find a lot of great ideas! :D

Apr 12, 2005
  3. Booth Rental

My recruiter and I did a booth at a craft show, We had alot of interest. As a prize , she gave away a cookbook. We split up the leads between us. One hint I can give you , have the people fill out the draw slip COMPLETELY!

Apr 16, 2005
  4. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

booth leads

Rather than just splitting up the leads, I suggest you use different color door prize slips so each consultant gets the leads that THEY talked to. You've already started a relationship with them!

Apr 16, 2005
  5. ChefVicki

ChefVicki Novice Member

Thanks to all of you for your help with the booth ideas. Another consultant and I did the booth today and it went pretty well. I got 3 orders--one for the stainless steel bowls which I was pleased with, plus we got a few leads.I offered free shipping and people seemed to like that a lot. Now I just need a couple more order and I can make it a show. Does anyone have any ideas about how you can put the orders inot papmered partner and not have to pay shipping on all of them? I know you have to have 5 orders now to make a show. Should I make myself the host?
    Thanks for you help. :)

Apr 16, 2005
  6. BethCooks4U

placing the orders

We no longer need 5 orders to make a show - it's $150. You need to place the orders in the name of the person who ordered it so they have their receipts for our guarantee. You are getting commission on those orders so that will help you cover those shipping costs - it cuts your profits on those particular orders but you got leads which will help your business! I would send it in as a kitchen show with you as host! - You did demo your products, right? That gives you some free too (again helps get some of your cost back).

Apr 17, 2005
  7. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

myself as host?

I was told we weren't able to put ourselves as a host for a show. How do you put yourself as a host? Do you get host benefits too if you do that? I have only been doing PC for a few months so I'm still learning everything.

Apr 17, 2005
  8. BethCooks4U

We can be the host

We can be host as often as we want to. Just click the box next to "consultant as host" below "add host order' on the show order screen in Pampered Partner. We can earn all the host benefits except: We can not get the booking benefit (we CAN purchase the host special at OUR show but we can NOT purchase it as a PAST host at any show). We also do NOT get commission on anything we purchase at the show discount we earn (say a consultant had a $1,000 show and got a 30% discount - she can buy at the 30% off but it is not added to commissionable sales).

I think the confusion lies with talk about "Mystery Host Shows". We can "give away" the host benefits to someone by drawing their name. But we do not HAVE to!

Hey, having a show or co-ordinating a HWC fundraiser is the only way WE can get the Pink Pitchers!!

Apr 17, 2005
  9. PamperedGinger

PamperedGinger Advanced Member

Congratulations on your Expo....glad it went well. The other thing that is VERY helpful to me (because I have the memory of a flea) is to not only use different color slips, but to write SOMETHING...ANYTHING about the person on the back of the slip (after they leave). That way it will trigger a memory when you call them and you can say, Hi, this is Ginger with The Pampered Chef. We met yesterday at the Women's Expo. I remember talking with you about an old stone you had that cracked. Were you able to find the receipt to get a replacement?

She will be impressed that you remembered something about her (can be anything...about her child or a pretty shirt or a product). It also helps break the ice.

Have something to add?