• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I set prices for a cash & carry booth on Saturday?

In summary, Anne is doing a booth on Saturday and is bringing some items she needs to get rid of. She is going to put prices on everything so she doesn't have to look prices up in catalogs, and she is not sure yet about mentioning "make me an offer." Some of the items are current, new in package, and she is going to ask the catalog price. If they want the PC guarantee, they're going to have to place an order. Some of the other items are things that she never really used, but they are out of the package. Some are current and some are retired. She is going to start at 50% off catalog price. What do you think?
AJPratt
Silver Member
I am doing a booth on Saturday and have some Cash & Carry items I'm bringing. How do you decide the price?

aaack. My post just got lost.I'm doing a booth on Oct 3rd and taking a bunch of stuff I need to get rid of. I'm going to put prices on everything so I don't have to look prices up in catalogs that day. I'm not sure yet about mentioning "make me an offer" - that will depend on reactions.Some of it is current, new in package and I am going to ask the catalog price. If they want the PC guarantee, they're going to have to place an order.A lot of other items are things that I never really used, but they are out of the package.
Some are current and some are retired. I think I will start at 50% off catalog price. What do you think? There are some pink HWC and I think that might go for more.Also, I think I need to take a lot of ones$ for change.

Anne, when I price things for cash and carry (and my C&C stash is mostly pantry items or small things that people aren't likely to bother exercising the guarantee), I price them at catalog price plus tax (if taxable), rounded to the closest dollar. SBRCs are $1, Mini Serving Spatulas are $5, etc. Sometimes, if the price works out to a 50¢ amount, I use that, although those are the things that I'll then try to sell in pairs or give the customer a deal and knock off the change, just because it's a pain to deal with change.

The only time I've done cash and carry was with extra items I've had at home and used items I wanted to get rid of. I priced the new items at 20% off and the used items at 50% off.

I do exactly what chefann does. I have a "bargin bin" basket. $5 and under! It stops people. They dig thru. Nobody wants to miss out on the bargin! Some buy, some realize they want so much they order. Great conversation opportunity as you discuss what they are digging thru.

How did it go at your booth?

It went well. Didn't sell much, but I got a couple of shows!!

AJPratt said:
It went well. Didn't sell much, but I got a couple of shows!!

THAT is why I do booths. I have never done any cash and carry items! But I will book like crazy (have even gotten 1 recruit and a couple leads that are still pending)!!!

I don't usually do C&C. I don't like to, but the lady running the event requested that I had some things. I do a booth to do things that perpetuate my business: shows, orders, recruiting.

That's great you got some shows from it. I am hoping to get a catalog show for myself and get rid of a lot of old PC stuff I never use.
edit- I've never really done a cash & carry show before, except for having a few door prize items. I am staying up late tonight to put price tags on everything!

What is a "Booth on Saturday/Cash & Carry" event?

A "Booth on Saturday/Cash & Carry" event is a pop-up shop set up by Pampered Chef consultants on a Saturday, where customers can come and purchase products directly on the spot, without having to place an order through a catalog or online.

Where and when can I find a "Booth on Saturday/Cash & Carry" event?

Consultants usually advertise their "Booth on Saturday/Cash & Carry" events on their social media pages or through email to their customers. The events are usually held on Saturdays at local fairs, festivals, or markets. You can also check the Pampered Chef website for upcoming events in your area.

Do I need to RSVP or make an appointment for a "Booth on Saturday/Cash & Carry" event?

No, you do not need to RSVP or make an appointment for a "Booth on Saturday/Cash & Carry" event. You can simply show up during the advertised hours and shop at your leisure.

What products are available at a "Booth on Saturday/Cash & Carry" event?

The products available at a "Booth on Saturday/Cash & Carry" event may vary depending on the consultant and the event location. However, you can expect to find a variety of Pampered Chef products, including kitchen tools, cookware, and food items.

Can I pay with cash or credit card at a "Booth on Saturday/Cash & Carry" event?

Yes, you can pay with cash or credit card at a "Booth on Saturday/Cash & Carry" event. Most consultants will accept both forms of payment, but it's always a good idea to bring some cash in case of any technical difficulties with credit card processing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefForrester