1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Booth on Saturday/Cash & Carry

1. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I am doing a booth on Saturday and have some Cash & Carry items I'm bringing. How do you decide the price?

Sep 24, 2009
  2. ShellBeach

ShellBeach Veteran Member

aaack. My post just got lost.

I'm doing a booth on Oct 3rd and taking a bunch of stuff I need to get rid of. I'm going to put prices on everything so I don't have to look prices up in catalogs that day. I'm not sure yet about mentioning "make me an offer" - that will depend on reactions.

Some of it is current, new in package and I am going to ask the catalog price. If they want the PC guarantee, they're going to have to place an order.

A lot of other items are things that I never really used, but they are out of the package.
    Some are current and some are retired. I think I will start at 50% off catalog price. What do you think? There are some pink HWC and I think that might go for more.

Also, I think I need to take a lot of ones$ for change.

Sep 25, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Anne, when I price things for cash and carry (and my C&C stash is mostly pantry items or small things that people aren't likely to bother exercising the guarantee), I price them at catalog price plus tax (if taxable), rounded to the closest dollar. SBRCs are $1, Mini Serving Spatulas are $5, etc. Sometimes, if the price works out to a 50ยข amount, I use that, although those are the things that I'll then try to sell in pairs or give the customer a deal and knock off the change, just because it's a pain to deal with change.

Sep 25, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

The only time I've done cash and carry was with extra items I've had at home and used items I wanted to get rid of. I priced the new items at 20% off and the used items at 50% off.

Sep 25, 2009
  5. lovecookn

lovecookn Member Gold Member

I do exactly what chefann does. I have a "bargin bin" basket. $5 and under! It stops people. They dig thru. Nobody wants to miss out on the bargin! Some buy, some realize they want so much they order. Great conversation opportunity as you discuss what they are digging thru.

Sep 25, 2009
  6. ShellBeach

How did it go at your booth?

Sep 30, 2009
  7. AJPratt

It went well. Didn't sell much, but I got a couple of shows!!

Sep 30, 2009
  8. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

THAT is why I do booths. I have never done any cash and carry items! But I will book like crazy (have even gotten 1 recruit and a couple leads that are still pending)!!!

Sep 30, 2009
  9. AJPratt

I don't usually do C&C. I don't like to, but the lady running the event requested that I had some things. I do a booth to do things that perpetuate my business: shows, orders, recruiting.

Sep 30, 2009
  10. ShellBeach

That's great you got some shows from it. I am hoping to get a catalog show for myself and get rid of a lot of old PC stuff I never use.
    edit- I've never really done a cash & carry show before, except for having a few door prize items. I am staying up late tonight to put price tags on everything!

Oct 1, 2009
Have something to add?