• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Farmers Market Booth Success: Proven Tips from Experienced Sellers

I have not had any luck with this. I live in CA and there are not any farmers markets near me. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while now and I'm not sure why it's not working out for me. :(
DebPC
Staff member
Has anyone had good success with these?

I do! I am there most saturday mornings from 8-12. I sell between $200 and $500 (in orders) each week. I've also gotten party bookings, bridal showers, and loyal customers!

Is your farmers market inside or out? I'm always hesitant to do outside ones because of rain and bugs.

What kinds of products do you take? Do you have fresh salsa or anything for sampling?

Yes, I would love to hear details of how you set up, if you do demos, etc. Please share!

jendill said:
I do! I am there most saturday mornings from 8-12. I sell between $200 and $500 (in orders) each week. I've also gotten party bookings, bridal showers, and loyal customers!
WoW! This is amazing. I too would like to know the details.

I do buy veggies from the farmers and use a variety of tools for demonstration only. The Health Department required that I take a food safety certification class and have a portable hand washing station. I am also not allowed to give out samples of salsa. I do often sample the oil dip seasonings and sell those regularly. We are outside and are required to have a 10X10 covered tent. We take our own tables and all other supplies. I do order some things under a personal supply order to sell while I'm there and then I reorder them in the customers name so they will still have the warranty. I have many customers who have told me that it is great I am there because they don't know anyone locally and it is so nice and easy to pick up needed items without attending a party. I LOVE it! This year is my 3rd year.

what products do you take. It seems whatever I take I end up bringing most of it back home. People seem to think cash & carry means yard sale prices.

I take a Large round stone, mini serving spatulas, Mix N Chops, Grilling Products, rubs, different peelers, scrapers, batter bowls, Cool N Serve, Corn Cob Knobs, Corn butterer, Food Chopper. I also post a sign that says: Don't Delay! Take me hope today with FREE shipping! Everything is priced with tax, since I paid the tax. Again, I reorder the items for my inventory in their name so they will still have the warranty and submit it as a show. Anything I don't sell, I save for the Christmas Season when I am called regularly for items. We will be out of town this weekend, but I will take a picture on June 15 and post. I am so happy there is so much interest...I feel like I am finally giving back for all the great ideas I've gotten from this site!

Please post a picture and thanks so much for your feedback. It's always great to learn from others.

It sounds as if there is a fee to set up at the Farmers Market? I live in CA and have tried to get in a couple markets, but they only allow Certified dealers. Has anyone just set up a table (in the parking lot) near the market? I think I'm going to give it a try. Hopefully, if it's not allowed, I will get a warning and not a fine.

What verbiage do you use to get the Farmer Markets on board with allowing PC there? I want to get in at one of mine and would like some tips.

I think I lucked into the market the first year because the Market Master was a HUGE PC fan. I had to take a Food Safety Class to be able to demo the tools. In my initial request, I said that I would have the tools needed to prepare the fresh produce that the people were there to buy. I think I am just grandfathered in because we have had a new market master each year. I just always send in my registration and money and no one told me I wasn't welcome! I did take a pic, but haven't been able to get it uploaded yet. I'll take one with a regular camera this week and get it up.

I just contacted one of the local farmer markets and I was denied because the products are not made/grown in Michigan. :( Bummer!

Just like craft fairs- I'm not surprised each Farmers Market had their own rules for who can and can't get a booth. If there's more than one in your area, try another one. Around me there are about 6 different ones.

1. How do I sign up for a booth at a farmers market?

To sign up for a booth at a farmers market, you can usually contact the market manager directly or visit their website for an application. Some markets may have a waiting list or require certain permits, so be sure to inquire about their specific process.

2. What products are allowed to be sold at farmers markets?

Farmers markets typically have guidelines for what products can be sold, and it varies from market to market. In general, products must be locally grown, produced, or handmade. Be sure to check with the market manager for their specific rules and regulations.

3. Do I need special equipment to set up a booth at a farmers market?

It's important to have a professional and eye-catching setup at a farmers market to attract customers. Some essential equipment may include a table, tablecloth, signage, and display shelves. You may also want to consider having a portable sink and hand sanitizer for food safety purposes.

4. How can I make my booth stand out at a farmers market?

To make your booth stand out at a farmers market, focus on creating an attractive and inviting display. Use bright colors, eye-catching signage, and samples to draw in customers. You can also offer special deals or promotions to entice customers to stop by your booth.

5. Can I sell Pampered Chef products at a farmers market?

Yes, you can sell Pampered Chef products at a farmers market as long as they meet the market's guidelines for locally produced or handmade items. Be sure to check with the market manager and obtain any necessary permits or licenses before selling at the market.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • smartcookie
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies