• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booth Advice: There Is Another Pampered Chef Consultant!

In summary, if you are the only PC consultant at an event and you are offered a booth, it is usually unprofessional for the organizer to have multiple consultants from the same company. It is possible to have a successful booth by offering a unique gift, discounts, and good customer service.
Cookingchic4u
So I was first offered a booth at a craft/vendor show and accepted. The coordinator took awhile to get back to me, and when she did she says "Oh, we have signed up another PC consultant, but we can have 2. I'll just put you as far apart as possible." She said there are duplicates for other companies as well. There is only room for about 30 vendors, so I am wondering what to do. Should I try to find out who this other consultant is and see if she wants to make it a team effort? Or should I just do my own thing and hope that my display catches more people's attention? I plan on going a Gift Certificate with my name on it for a door prize and also a "free cooking show" drawing at the end of the craft show. I want to set myself apart as much as possible. Any advice? Thanks in advance!:balloon:

I would not do it. Unless it is a huge home show with 100's ov vendors it usually does not work out to have 2 from the same Co.

Just my opinion and what I would do.

Shame, shame on their part! I can't believe they have duplicates and think its okay! I would maybe try and make it a team effort, or just get your money back. This happened to me awhile back (accident on organizers party) and it was a disaster. I was set up and ready to go and in walks another consultant (after fair started) and started setting up. I couldn't believe it! We both went ahead and stayed (even though I felt like she shouldn't have been allowed to setup late). I had one booking, but she kept coming over and bragging about how she had sooo many sales and a lot of bookings. I kept on a happy face, but was so angry by the time I left.

Find out who it is and see if she is in your cluster.... If so try to do it as a team if not I would not do it either....imo

Yeah I'd bail too, unless you wanted to team up.

I would not do it either. I don't know who has gotten their contract in first but out of good faith I would ask for a refund as it is so unprofessional of them to even book two of the same vendor let alone, as you had said, multiples of various vendors. As a potential customer I would be confused seeing the same vendor there and think I already did that row and walk a different way. I would hate to see you lose money and time for something like that to happen :(

That's too bad that that happened. Sometimes the people organizing the events just don't understand the issues and complications that they cause by allowing more than one from a DS company. If you can find out who the other consultant and she is receptive to sharing the booth, that's not a bad idea. You would be able to share the cost of the booth, the hassle with set up and tear down, and hopefully share ideas if there is any slow time. It's also nice if it gets busy or you need a potty break! :D Just make sure you have different color drawing slips so you can keep your own leads and see what her plans are for a prize drawing to make sure it meshes with yours. Good luck, I hope it is a good experience for you.

In the past I wouldn't have done it either but last year I was in a fair that I had always been the only PC consultant at. They decided to change their policy and let more than one in so there were THREE PC consultants. I was not happy but decided to not waste my time and did my best. I offered a discount for orders placed that day and a special gift for bookings, leads. It cost me very little out of pocket.

I had my HWC items out as well as an assortment of eye catching items. I was told by many that my booth was the best. I got as many leads as I had in past years. Many people looked for my booth - they saw the others and went looking to see if I was there too since they had been to my booth or were already my customers (that's how I found out about the other two - the organizers didn't bother to tell me).

So in my opinion, unless it's a very small event with just a couple of vendors, do it and make it worth your time.

Yes, it was wrong of them to have multiples!!

I would be leery of teaming up unless this person is in your cluster, or you know them.

It can be confusing for people to go to one PC booth and have 2 consultants there offering different items/specials/competing, etc. Plus EACH of you probably has a different idea as to what should be displayed and how.

How much did the space cost? You will need to determine what you need to get out of the booth to have made it worth your while.

But only 30 vendors does seem a little small.

My director reserves a booth at a multi-day fair and it is HUGE. I think there are over 100 vendors easily spread out over 2-3 big rooms. The first time we were there, my Director discovered that another PC vendor was going to be there (completely different upline). She was ticked and let the sponser know. But anyway, the booth wasn't cheap, but spread out over 2 days, the cost to each consultant wasn't too great. Well, even with the other PC booth there, I got tons of leads - more than I knew what to do with. I am still booking shows from one of the bookings from the one in 2007.

I've actually shared booth space with other consultants and I don't think we've suffered for it. It is wonderful to have someone else with you to 'relieve you' if needed, you can watch for new ideas, etc. For drawing slips, we've had people fill them out and hand them back to us and then we put our first initial on the back...one time there were 3 of us, 2 with the same first initial so then it was first and last initial. I think volume of attendees does make a difference though.

I once had a booth opportunity where I was told...just show up and you can set up ...it was free....umm...yeah, it was pretty disorganized in my opinion...no one knew what others needed to do or say, so I wound up not staying....it could have been a fair with 20 PC consultants...now that wouldn't have been good!

This is interesting. I am doing a booth in a couple weeks and they clearly stated on the application that there would be no competing companies and that it was a "first paid first saved spot" thing. I was able to get in before any other PC person.

It is unfortunate they were not organized. I wouldn't do it if there was another PC person there.

I agree with the above. I think it's fine for large fairs. I do one with about 300 booths and there are two of us. I get a lot of "we like yours better" too, but that's probably the crazy fun attitude from my friend and I have. The other seems almost grumpy. She just needs to bring a friend...it helps. However, I'm doing another soon that is about 30 and the organizer is even hesitating putting similar companies in. She mentioned that there would be Tupperware and she was hoping that was okay. We DO sell different stuff. But then, SHE makes soaps & lotions and doesn't want avon or whatever there. I think that's a little silly since they sell other stuff too, but it's her deal I guess. I would be unhappy if another PC consultant was included, but I would do it if it's not too expensive and have my lovely display. I have a lot of customers that only come to my expos so I know I'd get people to my booth. Bring some cash n carry...that'll get them in!

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm going to see if I can find out who it is. I don't think she's in my cluster, but you never know! If she isn't, I'll just let it go. I have a few fundraising leads anyway, that should generate some business!

Thanks again!

Ask the coordinator if they notified the OTHER PC consultant that there were two?

Hey Janet! Haven't seen you for a while and just wanted to say hello :).

Hijack over...

janetupnorth said:
Ask the coordinator if they notified the OTHER PC consultant that there were two?

I agree, she may be just as upset!

It would definitely be good to find out what she is doing and have similar giveaways. I shared two different booths with another consultant last year. We worked at different times but she had totally different giveaways and it was very confusing when people came back to see me and I wasn't there and the same for those looking for her. I've always been told by my Director to never try to "compete" with someone you are sharing a booth with because it comes over very unprofessional. Consistency is key in those situations. We did a 6-hour Formal Event/Bridal Fair 3 weeks ago and used the same flyers and same display throughout the day. I found some great flyers on here and sent a copy to everyone so we were all on the same page. It was a big help to all of us. They asked that we all do the "Free Show" drawing and it was up to us if everyone was a winner or just one person. I think that is the key!

pcchefjane said:
It would definitely be good to find out what she is doing and have similar giveaways. I shared two different booths with another consultant last year. We worked at different times but she had totally different giveaways and it was very confusing when people came back to see me and I wasn't there and the same for those looking for her. I've always been told by my Director to never try to "compete" with someone you are sharing a booth with because it comes over very unprofessional. Consistency is key in those situations. We did a 6-hour Formal Event/Bridal Fair 3 weeks ago and used the same flyers and same display throughout the day. I found some great flyers on here and sent a copy to everyone so we were all on the same page. It was a big help to all of us. They asked that we all do the "Free Show" drawing and it was up to us if everyone was a winner or just one person. I think that is the key!

I'm new to PC. I have a booth set up to share with another consultant and we are also going to split the day. Was wondering what is considered a "Free Show" drawing? I am doing a Girls Day Out event and would appreciate any ideas. I am also doing a breast cancer event next month too and any ideas would be helpful because this event will be outside.

Donna

What is "Booth Advice: There Is Another Pampered Chef Consultant!"?

"Booth Advice: There Is Another Pampered Chef Consultant!" is a training program offered by Pampered Chef for consultants who are looking to improve their booth hosting skills and learn how to navigate the presence of other Pampered Chef consultants at events.

Who can participate in "Booth Advice: There Is Another Pampered Chef Consultant!"?

Any current Pampered Chef consultant can participate in "Booth Advice: There Is Another Pampered Chef Consultant!" This includes new consultants as well as those who have been with the company for a while.

What topics are covered in "Booth Advice: There Is Another Pampered Chef Consultant!"?

The program covers a variety of topics, including booth setup and design, customer engagement and sales techniques, and how to handle competition and collaboration with other Pampered Chef consultants at events.

How can I sign up for "Booth Advice: There Is Another Pampered Chef Consultant!"?

You can sign up for "Booth Advice: There Is Another Pampered Chef Consultant!" through the Pampered Chef consultant website. Simply log in to your account and navigate to the training section to find the program and register.

Is there a fee to participate in "Booth Advice: There Is Another Pampered Chef Consultant!"?

No, there is no fee to participate in "Booth Advice: There Is Another Pampered Chef Consultant!" This program is offered as a free training resource for Pampered Chef consultants to help them succeed in their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
crazyPCcooker
  • chefliz
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Jennie50