• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Impact of the Bookings Slide on The Pampered Chef® Show Bookings?

In summary, the Bookings Slide is a great way to remind guests of all the benefits of booking with The Pampered Chef, and it's a great way to recruit new guests. It is a different concept than the "booking coupons" that show consultants often use, and it is a visual tool that can impress guests.
c00p said:
I'm lovin' this idea. After doing this for 4 1/2 years, it's always nice to get a fresh perspective. (Paige...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your goals!!!!)

I am not making them at this point, but I guess they are good to look at. My biggest thing is having too much going on in the evenings to be able to get on the phone and make the calls I know I need to.

For those of you who may not know is...c00p is my recruiter and friend.

To save costs as I am only in my 4th month with PC, I used sheet protectors that have the 3 hole punch ( for my binders & host folders), printed off the slides from CC and attached every other one with curling ribbon, and then only had to tape every other one - does that make sense? Anyways, I got 2 bookings from my last show and hope to get more today. The bright colored ribbon made it even more festive!;)

I made mine this past weekend and used it at a show on Sunday! People really liked it and I got two bookings! I used a laminator and the individual binder rings to attach them to each other!! It looks fabulous! PLUS I got to play with my new cricut!

I am going to do this and take it to my 2 shows this weekend. The first show the host really had no idea what all the benefits were she was getting. I talked over it with her on the phone and she was like WOW. One of her friends who was with her at the booth she booked her show from had never seen Pampered Chef. I am hoping to get some more shows booked at the end of the month. As it is, if all goes as planned I am submitting FIVE shows this month. ACK.

For those of you who think it is too costly to get things laminated.....get the Pampered perks deal at Office Depot or Office Max. It makes it way cheaper.

ChefBeckyD said:
That's actually a very good price! I've priced laminating machines, and the laminating paper to go with them - that stuff is PRICEY!!!

The nearest Office Depot is quite a drive for me, so this is such a great option!:thumbup:

I bought a Scotch Laminating Machine TL901 at BJ's for aound $20! The pack of sheets that go in them is under $10 for 50. It is so worth it!

I also laminate my recipes to take to shows. I have the recipe on one side, and on the other I have 2 columns: one with the list of ingredients for the recipe and the other for the products I need. That way I don't forget anything.:chef:

I'll try to attach a sample.

I made my Bookings Binder last night. I re-did it like Ann's and printed it on pink cardstock. It turned out nice. I will test-drive it this weekend.

Attachments

• Taffy Apple Tartlets-recipe.doc
    26 KB · Views: 348
  • Taffy Apple Tartlets shopping-product list.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
AACHEF said:
[Hello Ladies,

I'm so glad to see this on the post! I was the presenter that introduce this at National Conference in the Abundant Bookings class. I have been using this for over 4 years now and I'm averaging about 2 to 3 bookings at each show. The booking slide that is on the post is what I'm using, you can print it out and take it to Office Depot and use your Perk discount card. I think it cost me under $10.00 to do it, then just lay all laminated pages on the floor and take clear packing tape and tape each page together (make sure you leave a little space between pages so it fold up right) then flip over and tape the other side. This makes it very durable, as many show as I do I've been using the same one for over 4 years.

Then at my shows, I thank my host for inviting me into her home and give her a gift and say "on top of this she get all of this and whip out the booking slide". Everyone says WOW and there eyes get really big!! It's amazing on there reaction when I do it. As I'm reading down the list and pulling them up as I talk about them they are reading along. I do this at the end of my demo when I do wrap up then I give them the door slip. So they see how easy the demo is and what they can get out of having a party. I just love it, and my whole team uses it as well. Our notes for the class in on my website at Welcome To My Personal Web Site under "calendar". I hope this helps!! ]

Sorry! Did not know it would not show my web address try:
../deniseh "Calendar"

Thank you so much!!! I have tried this twice now and am loving it!!! I usually got between 2-3 bookings per show but the last 2 shows when I used this I got 5 bookings each - I am so excited. Thanks again.

If you have a Mardels Christian bookstore or a Teacher's Supply type store the lamination is about 25 cents a foot very reasonable.

I have used it at my last few shows too and gotten lots of oohs and ahs!

It's a great visual!

I just made this and used it at my show on Thursday night. 20 guests and only 1 maybe.... talk about disappointed, but maybe it was just an off night. I will say that the show was one of my best and everyone said they had blast. I will bring this to my shows this week and report back.

:thumbup: I just made one of these too. I used it for the first time Friday night and got 2 bookings. I whipped it out after the demo while the pizza was in the oven :). I said something like 'Did you know all the benefits Amy is getting tonight? You can get all of these too!"
I used the sheet protectors instead of laminating them, and I also used the individual rings. I made it for about $6.00. The rings were on clearance at a kinkos print center. We may also get a discount with our Office Dept, Office Max cards. Hmm..what else.. Oh I thought about adding 2 slides. 1 as a "Did you know...we do fundraisers" and another one for bridal registries. Not booking benefits specifically, but it'll remind me to mention it at shows.

Think that's it. I think it's a great idea!

I added one that says: Easy Party Prep! I mail your invitations and pick up recipe ingredients!And I know someone else who added a Theme Shows slide. I think I'm going to add that one this week.

can we have a copy of you themes show slide????????
I wanna see it!! GREAT IDEAS!! Thanks for sharing!@

It was just another sheet that said Theme Shows. It's there to introduce the idea, so that people ask you about it.

chefann said:
Here's a Word version. It uses the Optima font, so you may need to find it on the web if you don't have it on your computer. (It's a Mac font, so Mac users should have no problem.)

Chefann -

Thank you so much for posting the Word version. I was trying to re-type this and couldn't get it right. You saved me lots of time. A quick question - on the Business Opportunity page, are you inserting a kit credit coupon where the words are typed in parenthesis? I suppose I can find a sample kit credit in the files here.

I had mine laminated today at Office Max, and with the perks card, it was only $9.00

AlowayFamily said:
Chefann -

Thank you so much for posting the Word version. I was trying to re-type this and couldn't get it right. You saved me lots of time. A quick question - on the Business Opportunity page, are you inserting a kit credit coupon where the words are typed in parenthesis? I suppose I can find a sample kit credit in the files here.

There's one on CC. I'm going to tape one to the spot, and hand it to the host.

chefann said:
There's one on CC. I'm going to tape one to the spot, and hand it to the host.

I found one - thanks. I didn't think about taping it to the sheet - I copied it and placed it in the document. I printed off the coupons and will have them ready at my show.

Thanks for your help!!

o.k. I have tried this at my last 3 shows and people just roll their eyes. ROLL YOUR EYES??? People don't you u nderstand what you are getting??? This is so frustrating. I am tyring to make this all sound so appealing and nothing....nada.....i don't knkow how much more differently I can present this. It is dazzling and eye catching!! PEOPLE..PEOPLE!! So frustrating

I just made one and I can't wait to use it. I really need the visual to help keep me on track, otherwise I forget to explain the host benefits! I always *assume* people know, but trust me...they don't!

I used it last night- got 3 bookings and a vendor booth at a school.

I printed mine on brightly colored cardstock and put into page protectors and held together with rings. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I will tomorrow and I'm very excited about it!

I had my laminated last week and tried to tape it together and it just didn't work that well. Any advice from those that did this with the tape on how to do it so it will work effectively? thanks

To get them to tape together. Lay them all on the floor in the order that you want them. I used clear packing tape, but I left a very little gap in between each page maybe less then a 1/4 of a inch. This will help them fold together nicely. Once I did one side, I flip them over and did the other side. This make it very durable!!

Hope this helps!

Thanks - I will try putting them closer together - I had them about an inch apart!

Thanks for this thread, and thanks Ann for the Word version (because being in Canada, I have to change the $$...of course!). I'll need to study this thread a little more. I was actually thinking of putting something like this together a year or so ago, as a consultant for PH did something similar to show their host benefits.

I had a difficult time getting a visual on this until I saw it in CN. I had 2 shows this week...Mon/Tues and did not have time to get to/go thru Office Depot so I got clear sheet covers and put all the "posters" in there. Then I did tape them front and back to each other. Now, they won't really make the accordian, but they make a nice scroll and rolling out that scroll onto the floor makes a great dramatic "flop" and I did get the vocal response I was hoping to get. Not only that, on Monday I got 1 booking out of 3 (there were 6 there but the other 3 just hosted this fall). On Tuesday night I had 6 more...2 of them hosts since summer...so 3 of the 6 booked. I think it's a great tool and I was happy to have this to "zip" up my show after so many of them have been seeing me alot the past 6 months. I did put a copy of the kit credit on my one sheet after cutting it out and I am 99% sure my Tuesday host is gonna soon be my recruit! Thanks for this thread and all of the info....I'm a believer and I even have my director interested in this concept after telling her about it...tu....tu....tu!

I e-mailed the PDF over to OfficeMax to print and laminate...picked 'em up today and taped them together for my show tonight...and noticed the page breaks are screwy!!! :grumpy: Now I have to re-print some of the pages and have them laminated and replace. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm gonna use it anyway at my show and see what happens...pampered but not perfect right? :p

5 more bookings at tonight's show using the slide. I'm sold- I think it was th WOW factor!!!

I used it tonight, too. There were only 6 at the show, and one was the past host. But I got a January booking with it.

I am sold too. Got three bookings at last show.

Yep - I'm hooked as well. Got three bookings & a recruit lead on Friday night. :) Plus, my sales were at $750 when I left - we closed at $1,050!! YAY!!

Chefstover2 said:
I e-mailed the PDF over to OfficeMax to print and laminate...picked 'em up today and taped them together for my show tonight...and noticed the page breaks are screwy!!! :grumpy: Now I have to re-print some of the pages and have them laminated and replace. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm gonna use it anyway at my show and see what happens...pampered but not perfect right? :p

The Pdf was screwy - ChefAnn converted it to Word for us - it's here on this thread - I used that one!

Oh - and I'm hooked too!

All of my January Bookings have come since I started using the Slide!:thumbup:

What do people say to explain the Host Benefits - I explain them - but maybe not with enough enthusiasm ????

Hello everyone,

Need your help!!

If you are doing the booking slide at your shows now, Susie Lite at Pampered Chef would love to hear how it's doing for you? Please email her if you have seen an increase in bookings, what customers think and anything else that it has done for your business. Put booking slide in the remarks!

I was able to use it for the 1st time the other night at my show and I got a recruit lead and 3 bookings and there was only 5 guests there :) we are at 425.00 and she has 4 outside orders to collect. My hubby drove me cause the weather bad and he was able to sit back and watch everyones reactions when I would reveal another slide and he said here is a thought instead of you holding it up and talking about it why don't you have the hostess that night hold it and you talk about it cause the hostess I had friday night was going crazy over everything she was going to get so I shared the idea with my director and she thought that was a great idea. I am hooked on this as well and i love how helps me talk about everything :) Cause I used to rush through it and forget things.

I am making mine tomorrow!!!! YEAH!

here's one I received and doctored-up a little. Use if you like...Rather than laminate, I taped sheet protectors together - leaving the 3-ring holes on every other one, so it can go in a notebook easily.

Attachments

• bookingslide.doc
    716 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
My director just showed us hers at our Christmas party. It looks awesome. She printed it out each page on different bright colored cardstock. It's working well for her. I was super impressed when she showed us, I really need to get this made. :)

scottcooks said:
here's one I received and doctored-up a little. Use if you like...

Rather than laminate, I taped sheet protectors together - leaving the 3-ring holes on every other one, so it can go in a notebook easily.

Scott,
I love your Booking Slide. Thank you.

scottcooks said:
here's one I received and doctored-up a little. Use if you like...

Rather than laminate, I taped sheet protectors together - leaving the 3-ring holes on every other one, so it can go in a notebook easily.

I like your changes Scott. It keeps each slide interesting.

Here is what my bookings slide looks like. I had it laminated and I thought it was really expensive. It cost me $1.50 per sheet.
I like the idea of using sheet protectors. It also makes it easier if you want to change something... such as the kit credit coupon when they have an incentive!
Maria

Attachments

• BOOKINGS SLIDE (using wordart).doc
    448 KB · Views: 609
Awhile back in the summer I bought a laminating machine. It really wasn't all that expensive. I bought if from Wal-Mart for about $25 dollars. The full sized sheets of laminating stuff is only about $3 for a pack of 20 or so. And I can do it in my pajamas! I have used that machine quite a bit. Much more than I had expected to in the beginning.

Thank you for this post. I have been wanting to do it so I downloaded the booking slide from PC website last night. I am going to tape together page protectors for mine.
Can't wait to start using it in January.

you rock Scott! that is awesome.

Chef Kearns said:
Awhile back in the summer I bought a laminating machine. It really wasn't all that expensive. I bought if from Wal-Mart for about $25 dollars. The full sized sheets of laminating stuff is only about $3 for a pack of 20 or so. And I can do it in my pajamas! I have used that machine quite a bit. Much more than I had expected to in the beginning.

I have one I bought at BJ's for under $20. The sheets are under $7 for 50. I love it! It isn't huge and it's super easy to use. I type my show recipes in Word and also on another sheet, type the shopping list and products used.
Then I place them back to back in a laminating sheet and run them through my laminator. Because I can be messy, I just wipe them off. Also, I don't forget to take anything with me.

GREAT JOB ON THE BOOKINGS SLIDES!!!

Attachments

• Taffy Apple Tartlets-recipe.doc
    30 KB · Views: 355
  • Taffy Apple Tartlets shopping-product list.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 288
I picked mine up from Office Max today. Mine was the third one the gal working there had done, and she is taking great pride in them! She picked out a different color for each page and laminated them in one long sheet, it folds up nicely. I can't wait to use it at my next show! Even my DH agreed it has quite a WOW factor!!

Is anyone doing well with this? I want to start it, but before investing in the lamination, I wanted to check progress notes from anyone kind enough to share. I am still very new and I think this will help prevent me from forgetting important stuff.

caraighan said:
Here is what my bookings slide looks like. I had it laminated and I thought it was really expensive. It cost me $1.50 per sheet.
I like the idea of using sheet protectors. It also makes it easier if you want to change something... such as the kit credit coupon when they have an incentive!
Maria

I really like your Booking Slide much more than the one HO has. And I agree on using sheet protectors instead of laminating the pages. Mainly because you'd have to re-do due to changes. Besides if you use it in a binder, all you have to do is flip pages.

Also FYI, remember we have the Office Depot Savings Card. With that our laminations come out to be around .75 Not to mention color copies .39

micocina said:
I really like your Booking Slide much more than the one HO has. And I agree on using sheet protectors instead of laminating the pages. Mainly because you'd have to re-do due to changes. Besides if you use it in a binder, all you have to do is flip pages.

Also FYI, remember we have the Office Depot Savings Card. With that our laminations come out to be around .75 Not to mention color copies .39

They had the "creater" of the booking slide do it at Leadership. Part of the bonus of taping them together is that you can look at them all at once and see ALL the benefits. Sometimes just flipping through pages isn't enough.

<h2>1. What is the Bookings Slide?</h2><p>The Bookings Slide is a visual tool used during Pampered Chef parties or demonstrations to showcase the benefits of hosting a cooking show. It consists of a series of slides that highlight the rewards, free products, and discounts that guests can earn by hosting a party.</p><h2>2. How has the Bookings Slide made it easier to book Shows?</h2><p>The Bookings Slide has made it easier to book shows because it provides a clear and concise overview of the benefits and rewards of hosting a Pampered Chef party. It also helps guests understand the value of hosting a party and encourages them to book a show on the spot.</p><h2>3. What are the benefits of the Bookings Slide for guests?</h2><p>The Bookings Slide offers guests the opportunity to earn free products, discounts, and other rewards by hosting a Pampered Chef party. It also allows them to have a fun and interactive cooking experience with their friends and family.</p><h2>4. What do you tell guests during the Bookings Slide demonstration?</h2><p>During the Bookings Slide demonstration, I explain the different rewards and benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and discounts. I also highlight the importance of supporting the host and their business, as well as the opportunity to have a fun and memorable cooking experience with loved ones.</p><h2>5. What are some common questions guests ask during the Bookings Slide demonstration?</h2><p>Some common questions guests ask during the Bookings Slide demonstration include: "How do I book a party?", "What are the rewards for hosting a party?", "Can I choose the theme or menu for my party?", and "Do I have to be a good cook to host a party?". </p>

1. What is the Bookings Slide?

The Bookings Slide is a visual tool used during Pampered Chef parties or demonstrations to showcase the benefits of hosting a cooking show. It consists of a series of slides that highlight the rewards, free products, and discounts that guests can earn by hosting a party.

2. How has the Bookings Slide made it easier to book Shows?

The Bookings Slide has made it easier to book shows because it provides a clear and concise overview of the benefits and rewards of hosting a Pampered Chef party. It also helps guests understand the value of hosting a party and encourages them to book a show on the spot.

3. What are the benefits of the Bookings Slide for guests?

The Bookings Slide offers guests the opportunity to earn free products, discounts, and other rewards by hosting a Pampered Chef party. It also allows them to have a fun and interactive cooking experience with their friends and family.

4. What do you tell guests during the Bookings Slide demonstration?

During the Bookings Slide demonstration, I explain the different rewards and benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and discounts. I also highlight the importance of supporting the host and their business, as well as the opportunity to have a fun and memorable cooking experience with loved ones.

5. What are some common questions guests ask during the Bookings Slide demonstration?

Some common questions guests ask during the Bookings Slide demonstration include: "How do I book a party?", "What are the rewards for hosting a party?", "Can I choose the theme or menu for my party?", and "Do I have to be a good cook to host a party?".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cindy2276
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cewcooks
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
  • MrsCaleb