• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bookings in Month You Want Them

C
cookingabcs
How do you polietly push people to book shows in the month you want them instead of 1 or 2 months later? I only have 1 show in June and there is a friend who wants to do a cookout show in July. I've been trying to get her to do it in June instead with different incentive etc.. but it's not working. I need to get some show in June. If I could even get 1 more in May I would love it!!

Thanks for the insight. I'm still really new at this and all the verbage is crazy. :eek:

I think it really depends on who the host is...say for example, your friend, if it were me and if she is really a friend I would confide in her and say "I know we had talked about July for your show but I just found out that June is our sell a thon month and my chance to earn some free products, is there any possible way we could pick a day in June that would work for you?"

If the host is just an aquaintance or someone you don't know at all I would offer another incentive...such as the dollar days sale or you could offer the SA piece that goes with the Woven Selections that the host chooses for the host special and that way she would have the set.

Good luck!

I don't have a single booking for June as of today, but have a show tonight. I'm offering a free barbeque basting bottle to anyone who books a June show. Also, make sure you promote the guest and host specials in June. Show these products at every show possible and encourage them by using them in your demo. At my show tonight, I'm cooking a pineapple upside down cake in my 12" Exec skillet. I'll turn it onto my pizza stone and serve it on the Woven Selections tray. Hope this helps you!

Jeanie Gay

I am trying to get my business up and running again after having a baby. Right now I don't have any bookings and two catalog shows out. Does any one have any ideas on how to get bookings when starting from scratch? I feel that I have already exhausted my original people and I don't want to obnoxious. Can anyone help?

cmackey, look in files under 118 way to get bookings. That has a lot of ideas of how to pull bookings out of thin air. Good luck with your business!

cmackey said:
I am trying to get my business up and running again after having a baby. Right now I don't have any bookings and two catalog shows out. Does any one have any ideas on how to get bookings when starting from scratch? I feel that I have already exhausted my original people and I don't want to obnoxious. Can anyone help?

I would start with an open house at your house, invite all of your friends, family and neighbors and ask for bookings. Since I moved my business to MO, where I knew no one, that just asking is key! You might be surprised who will actually say yes. So, ask away.

The other thing I would do is wear something PC everywhere and strike up a conversation with anyone who speaks and ask, ask, ask. It will take some stepping out of your comfort zone but, it is a sure fire way to get the bookings. And, remember that for every "no" you hear you are one step closer to hearing a "yes"!

BookingsJust wanted to share with you what happened at my show I held Saturday. My host was able to get 4 people to book parties before the show was even held.:) :) When she did her reminder calls and the person could not attend then she told them they would just have to "book a show"!! She said she never dreamed it would work but it did. Just an idea to throw out there. I love this site!! Thanks to everyone for their great ideas.:D

I was on another area earlier today and they were talking about the June Dollar Days special. I printed it and gave it to 3 people and they are all VERY interested in booking a show.

I have attached the Dollar Days flyer I am using, and it might be helpful for your June bookings as well. Everybody loves a deal!

Attachments

• June Dollar Days 2.doc
    204 KB · Views: 574
Nancy!What a FANTASTIC idea! Thanks so much for sharing!:)

I absolutly loved the idea about the flyer for the month of June. Thanks for
sharing. I hope this helps me with my bookings, so far I don't have any for
the month of June

PaulaP said:
Just wanted to share with you what happened at my show I held Saturday. My host was able to get 4 people to book parties before the show was even held.:) :) When she did her reminder calls and the person could not attend then she told them they would just have to "book a show"!! She said she never dreamed it would work but it did. Just an idea to throw out there. I love this site!! Thanks to everyone for their great ideas.:D

If she's that good at getting bookings, maybe she should be a consultant!!!

I've gotten one booking from my dollar days flyer so far for June. I have 3 other bookings not from that, but I am a little disappointed and hoped it would bring in more bookings. It's only been three or four days since I sent out the flyer, so I havent' given up yet.
I like the idea of telling people that can't come that "well you are just gonna have to book a show"!

1. What is the best way to politely push people to book shows in the month I want them?

One way to politely push people to book shows in the month you want them is to offer incentives or special deals for booking during that month. You can also emphasize the limited availability of dates in that month and the benefits of booking earlier, such as having more time to plan and prepare for the show.

2. How can I convince a friend to book a show in the month I want instead of a later month?

You can try explaining the importance of booking in advance and how it can benefit both of you. You can also offer to help with planning and preparations for the show to make it easier for your friend. Additionally, you can try to find a mutually agreeable compromise, such as booking in the following month but with a specific date and time that works for both of you.

3. What incentives can I offer to encourage people to book shows in the month I want?

Incentives can vary depending on your target audience and the type of show you are hosting. Some examples include discounts, free gifts, exclusive products or services, or a special theme for the show. You can also offer to host the show at their preferred location or provide additional support and resources for the event.

4. How can I stress the urgency of booking in the month I want without being pushy?

You can use gentle reminders and emphasize the potential benefits of booking earlier, such as securing a preferred date and time, having more time for planning and preparations, and avoiding last-minute stress. You can also mention that spots are filling up quickly and you don't want your friend to miss out on the opportunity.

5. Is there any specific language or terminology I should use when communicating about booking shows in a specific month?

It's always best to use clear and direct language when communicating about booking shows. You can use phrases like "booking in advance," "securing a spot," or "reserving a date" to convey the importance of booking in the month you want. Avoid using aggressive or pushy language, and instead, focus on the benefits and advantages of booking earlier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sklay723
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Morgan032032
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies