• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Boost Bookings & Build Your Business: Phone Call Boot Camp for Direct Sellers

In summary, Krista tried to reach out to past customers and asked if they would be interested in a cooking show. If someone agrees to do a show, Krista offers to help them with follow up and bookings.
PamperedK
Silver Member
has anyone done a sort of "step up" focused on bookings and building that area of business? I have a large personal team but not many are doing more than a couple of shows a month...I'm thinking of offering a boot camp type thing that would be mostly phone calls but with some in person meetings thrown in, focused on bookings and building a customer base.

I want something with specific action steps that will build skills and confidence.

Has anyone done something like this in the past?

I'd be interested in hearing too

Great idea! I'd stay with the basics of follow up and asking. Use the Morning After, Our of the Box and Full service check out models. I'd go over the idea behind the concept, why it works & word choices/ideas. Maybe role play a bit and ask for them to brainstorm. Give them a weekly assignment by topic and have them update you with at least 1 result within 48 hours. I'd first start off by asking they make a choice to commit and to exactly how many shows they want a month. Ask them to have those dates picked and circled by the first training. Maybe focus on getting those bookings by doing:

1 - Responding to Objections

2 - Full Service Checkout at every show + going back to guests and hosts and doing the FSCO by phone, after the fact.

3 - Fortune is in the follow up. Pull up all those maybes, one days and reschedules and call them for bookings.

4 - Out & About Prospecting

5 - Pamper a Biz or Organization

Just some ideas. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas myself.

Love it! Great start! What to do if someone has NO shows on their calendar?Host their own show and invite everyone they know. Maybe I go with them? I am 100% committed to helping them so maybe I go and help them re-open their biz (I do Grand OPenings with all new consultants as well). Call up past customers and use an "out of the blue" type script.

I have done the same Krista....attended their "Jump Start" their biz show. I did ask that they meet a minimum criteria for me to block the time off to show their earnest desire to get their biz going. I had them revisit/update a list of 100 and call at least 25 of those names to ask for a cooking show. They emailed me the results.

Also, give them the 24 bookings in 24 hour challenge. Have them call and state that their director has challenged them to book 24 shows (cooking and catalog) in a 24 hour period. If they get at least 4 bookings, it's a strong start. :)

Jolie_paradoxe said:
I have done the same Krista....attended their "Jump Start" their biz show. I did ask that they meet a minimum criteria for me to block the time off to show their earnest desire to get their biz going. I had them revisit/update a list of 100 and call at least 25 of those names to ask for a cooking show. They emailed me the results.

Also, give them the 24 bookings in 24 hour challenge. Have them call and state that their director has challenged them to book 24 shows (cooking and catalog) in a 24 hour period. If they get at least 4 bookings, it's a strong start. :)

This is a great idea....and then I'm not wasting time on those that "want" more bookings but aren't willing to work for them. That's where I hesitate doing meetings or conference calls because I spend a lot of time prepping and then people don't show up, don't call in, don't actually do anything.

PamperedK said:
This is a great idea....and then I'm not wasting time on those that "want" more bookings but aren't willing to work for them. That's where I hesitate doing meetings or conference calls because I spend a lot of time prepping and then people don't show up, don't call in, don't actually do anything.

In my team's defense...I only gave an e-mail with 24 hours notice, but tried to do one of these on Saturday. It was me, myself and I. Later I invested the time in calling people, they answered, one was a wrong number so I went on FB to personal message what her number is. No response and even found a few on FB....you know the ones with no bookings:grumpy:

Love this idea and I won't give up. I will try again and will send a call out next time.:D

Yes, I did this for a theme for my meeting a while back... Here is my invitation that I used, i can't find the training off hand, but will keep looking..

Attachments

• Bookings Bootcamp.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 344
Lynette, love this invitation. When you hold your training at a restaurant do you have to rent a room or how do you work it? Thanks again!

Here's a few docs I had on bookings - From 2011 Conference and others I've received from other generous consultants that may be helpful. I'll keep looking and posting as I come across if you'd like. Keep us posted if anyone decides to proceed.

Krista, I tell each teammember that I will work as hard as they do to help THEIR business be the success they want, regardless of their goal. If they put a little effort, so will I. If they put a lot, then a lot is what they'll get from me. I establish clear expectations that we must be honest with one another - they must be honest if they did nothing and I may need to honest and tell them that doing nothing will get them exactly that.

I also give them a challenge/action step to do within 48 hours. I ask for email or text update regardless of result. Those who do it within deadline shows me their committment. Those who take longer show that they want it, but will do it as time permits. Allows me to know how much effort I'll be putting forth. :)

Ughhhh....not allowing me to attach. I'll try again later after my meeting. I have about 3 docs that may be useful.

baychef said:
Lynette, love this invitation. When you hold your training at a restaurant do you have to rent a room or how do you work it? Thanks again!

I only use restaurants that offer the use of the party room for free. Most of them are pretty good if you are doing a weeknight around here.

We also have a HyVee grocery store with a club room that is free to use if you purchase the groceries for your event there.. any amount. We mostly use that for meetings and trainings now. It has a full kitchen for doing demo's with even the mirror on the ceiling.

almondfarm said:
I only use restaurants that offer the use of the party room for free. Most of them are pretty good if you are doing a weeknight around here.

We also have a HyVee grocery store with a club room that is free to use if you purchase the groceries for your event there.. any amount. We mostly use that for meetings and trainings now. It has a full kitchen for doing demo's with even the mirror on the ceiling.

JEALOUS of that club room!!!! I will have to start hunting around to see if I can find a party room for free. Thanks so much.

What is "Bookings Boot Camp"?

"Bookings Boot Camp" is a training program designed to help individuals and businesses improve their skills and techniques for managing and maximizing bookings.

Who is "Bookings Boot Camp" for?

"Bookings Boot Camp" is for anyone who wants to improve their bookings management skills, including entrepreneurs, small business owners, and individuals in the service industry.

How long is the "Bookings Boot Camp" program?

The program typically lasts for 4 weeks, with one session per week. Each session is approximately 2 hours long.

What topics are covered in "Bookings Boot Camp"?

The program covers a variety of topics related to bookings management, including effective communication with clients, time management, pricing strategies, and marketing techniques.

Do I need any prior experience or knowledge to participate in "Bookings Boot Camp"?

No, "Bookings Boot Camp" is designed for individuals of all skill levels. Whether you are just starting out or have years of experience, the program will provide valuable insights and techniques to improve your bookings management skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
amy07
  • PampMomof3
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila