1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Bookings after the event...

1. KellyCooks

KellyCooks Novice Member Gold Member

I have been having great luck in getting lots of booking (and recruit) leads at events. They tell me what month they'd like their party, but they seldom pick a date. I make plans to follow up with them and ask them when is a good time to reach them. However, I have been having trouble getting the bookings. Anyone have any good suggestions to turn leads into bookings?

I will continuing making my phone calls. I am also trying a postcard, but it looks like it won't arrive in time for the balloon festival I'm doing Friday and Saturday. If it works at all, I would have my name and address pre-printed. Didn't think of it in time. Here it is, if you're interested. I also ordered a recipe card to hand out. I think I'd rather just use the PC recipe cards, if I can squeeze my contact info on them somewhere. If these new cards don't arrive in time, I'll just use my standard booth recipe handout.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Attached Files:

Aug 26, 2009
  2. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

I have the same kind of luck with most of my bookings and recruit leads. They never want to give a date. I talked to several that were begging for work, but when I call them they never got around to looking at the info I gave them. I had 2 last night that hung up on me when I said who I was. I might stop offering a door prize just to get contacts.

Aug 27, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I don't even do that to "regular" telemarketers! I figure that is a live person on the other end of the phone with feelings. I at least give them a chance to start and then I do tell them 'no' or 'no thank you'....but Hanging up- not if I can help it.

Maybe they just forgot who you were and thought you were cold-calling.... I can see why not-giving gifts just to get names would be tempting! maybe try telling them to "answer honestly- checking 'yes' doesn't improve your chances of winning the door prize- but if you host a show, etc, you win SO much more than a small $ prize!"

Aug 27, 2009
Have something to add?