• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turning Down a Host: A Better Response

In summary, the potential host says they don't think they would make a good host for the party as they just don't have that many females that would come and work with men, and their family does not have the time for those kinds of parties. If the host wants to host, they could make it a couples themed show.
Cindy_PC
Ok, I have a potential host that say's "I don't think I would make a good host for your party as I just don't have that many females that would come I work with men, and my family does not have the time for those kind of parties. I would love to help you out but I don't think it would be worth your time."

How do I respond to that. I know there's a better way than just saying "thanks anyway"

Men LOVE our Grill items and I know a LOT of men who love to cook! If she wants to host, I'd tell her to go for it! She could even make it a couples show. ;)I let the guys go grill & the women do something in the house, then we come together to eat. The guys don't really want me to show them how to use the BBQ stuff, they just want to be left alone to do their man thing anyway. LOL

Plus this would be a great opportunity to have a party to help those husbands who still need Christmas gifts for there wives!

And the guys like "gadgets". They also don't have to necessarily grill, either. They like other types of cooking, too. ;) And men are used to throwing down money for "tools", they see products in action and they will want them. Women tend to be more conservative in their spending because they are nervous if their spouses's will get upset with them for spending too much $$, but if they are there....they spend more! You can say, "I appreciate you being honest with me about your concerns. What I find is that men these days are doing so much of the cooking or at least participating more to help out. They like to buy things, too, and sometimes spend even more than women do! :D We can invite the men or even do a "couples" themed show! Our company has many male consultants, too. :) We'll have a lot of fun at the party, but for those who can't come, they still might like to browse through the catalog. With the holidays approaching, people will be cooking and entertaining more and even giving gifts, so browsing the catalog may prove to be the perfect thing for them. Would you be interested in giving it a try? Even if it's a small crowd, we still have fun and you just never know...you might be surprised with the turnout."

Have to add, my brothers buy more than my sisters do. Guys like tools and, if they cook, they're less bothered by the price of a product and more concerned about how well it works.

Actually, no - guys eat and cook too! Possibly instead of presenting things from a "you're going to feel great when you serve your family food looking / tasting like this" or "You'll be the talk of the town when you tell folks you made these brownie bites in 20 minutes", present things technically...
"our food chopper has a racheting mechanism inside that does the work of 5 knives all at once, so you get 18 inches of stainless steel knife cutting your food. As you pop the handle down, the handle turns the blades when it comes up so your food gets chopped from a different direction from each pop".
Show whomever is considering a mini catalog, and point out the technical aspects of two or three items (garlic press with the cleaner attached / batter bowl with markings that don't wash off / cookware with lifetime guarantee, etc.) and they'll see the possibility. Good luck - let us know how it works out!

That's a great opportunity for a catalog show, too. My brother in law called and asked me if we had good knives after getting frustrated with his own. I sold him two of the big block sets and two of the steak knife sets!!! Plus, I'm having them delivered to his work "shop" to open in front of all those oil field guys...along with a few extra catalogs.good luck!Kristi

Men usually buy more from me than women. Tell them they'll probably have a big show! Men usually buy knives and cookware from me (and BBQ stuff), which are the higher priced items. If the men he knows like to cook, love to cook, or hate to cook, then they'll enjoy PC, because we make it easy for all cooks! My husband loves PC just as much as I do!

scottcooks said:
present things technically...
"our food chopper has a racheting mechanism inside that does the work of 5 knives all at once, so you get 18 inches of stainless steel knife cutting your food. As you pop the handle down, the handle turns the blades when it comes up so your food gets chopped from a different direction from each pop".
Show whomever is considering a mini catalog, and point out the technical aspects of two or three items (garlic press with the cleaner attached / batter bowl with markings that don't wash off / cookware with lifetime guarantee, etc.) and they'll see the possibility. Good luck - let us know how it works out!

hehe I love it!

Yes men do like PC! I just had a show on Sunday evening and one guy booked a show and another guy is a recruit lead! (I also had 2 ladies book a show as well)

My SIL had a show, didn't get much in sales, didn't get anything in addition to free product. My brother decided to have one a year later. His sales were 3 times his wifes and he spent quite a bit more using his discount.

I need to find me some of these men for parties. I have had a hubby peak in every now and then, but disappears once the gals start talking again.

1. Can I turn down a host without hurting their feelings?

Yes, it is possible to politely decline a hosting request without causing offense. By providing a clear and honest explanation and offering alternative options, you can show the host that you appreciate their interest but are unable to accommodate their request.

2. What is the best way to decline a host's request?

The best way to decline a host's request is to be direct and transparent about your availability. Let them know that you are grateful for their interest but that you are currently unable to host an event. Offer to schedule a future date or suggest another consultant who may be available.

3. How can I avoid turning down a host?

To avoid turning down a host, you can proactively manage your calendar by blocking off dates that are already booked or unavailable. Additionally, you can set realistic expectations with potential hosts by informing them of your availability and booking policies upfront.

4. How do I handle a host who insists on a specific date?

If a host insists on a specific date that you are unable to accommodate, it is important to remain professional and polite. Express your regret and offer alternative dates or the option to connect them with another consultant who may be available. If the host continues to be insistent, it may be best to politely decline the request.

5. Should I offer a discount or other incentive when turning down a host?

No, you should not feel obligated to offer a discount or other incentive when turning down a host. Your time and availability are valuable, and it is important to set boundaries and stick to your booking policies. However, you can offer to connect the host with another consultant or provide them with helpful resources or tips for hosting their own event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amandaC
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Tropicalburstqt2