• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can Pampered Chef Consultants Maximize Their December and January Bookings?

In summary, Fran Lynggaard Hansen, Senior Director of Pampered Chef, encourages consultants to book their shows about three months in advance for flexibility and consistent paychecks. For December, consultants should fill their calendars with catalog and live kitchen shows, and for January they should plan for possible cancellations and offer themed shows and post-holiday shopping events. Consultants can also offer catalog shows for those who want guaranteed delivery and use the Secret Santa Service to help customers find the perfect gifts for their loved ones.
aried
Gold Member
This was posted on the msn group: welovepamperedcheftoo. - Ann

Booking December and January, 2006

by Fran Lynggaard Hansen, Senior Director

It's a great time of year to get ahead with your Pampered Chef calendar! Booking about three months out allows you the flexibility of ordering supplies and rearranging your calendar should you decide to pack a particular week or lighten up on another week. It also assures you a very regular paycheck. Three months from now is March 1st! Before you can begin to book March, you need to fill the dates closest to today and since it is November 30th, that means catalog shows and live kitchen shows for December, then for January, then February, and lastly March.

If you have holes in your December, hop on that old buddy - your telephone - and fill them tonight. Take advantage of the situation by putting together a call list. Do "out of the box" calls, customer care calls, follow up on prize drawing "maybe's" offer theme shows, whatever, the important point is to get on that telephone NOW! Check your Pampered Partner data and be sure to call back past January hosts and anyone who has ever ordered our cookware. You need to tell them about the January host special and the January guest special too!

Once your December is full, it's time to work on January! January can be the most rewarding month for us as Pampered Chef Consultants. For many consultants, this is one of the highest selling months all year! Why? Because the cookware special for hosts will very much work for you. Because there is nothing else going on in January. Because we can offer low calorie alternatives and great tools to help us keep our weight down after the holidays.

But don't forget, January is a "J" month and requires planning. You'll loose at least half of your shows due to cancellation, weather and illness. If you want 8 shows, you'll need to book 16 - I'm not kidding! If you are prepared, you'll have a fabulous month and a fantastic paycheck, but only if your calendar is ready in advance.

Here's how to make it a strong month for you:

Find hosts that might like to do a show either a few days before or after New Years. Let hosts know that although they will lose some guests that are out of town they can gain just as many by inviting the guests to bring their out of town guests along to the show. Orders can be shipped directly to guests that are far away if they pay the individual shipping and handling charge.
If you are visiting relatives around Christmas, schedule a show with one of them or their friends or neighbors during the busiest shopping time of the year, the days AFTER Christmas! Offer a winter white sale! Special white items at10% off!
Encourage hosts to do shows so that they can show off their home all decorated for Christmas. This is the one time a year she can use her holiday plates, platters, ect., even after the 25th!
Offer your hosts a Pampered Chef Theme Show. Have you tried a wine and cheese themed shows to show off our incredible Bistro Set? How about Kim Martin's soon to be famous "Soup and Slippers Show!" Guests wear their warm, funky slippers and Kim gives out prizes, while she makes a wonderfully warm and hearty soup in our cookware. Don't forget some homemade garlic bread or Texas Toast in the grill pan with the grill press!
Don't be afraid to offer shows after the holiday deadline, the 15th. December is a festive, fun month of entertaining. When you do this make sure the host and guests understand that holiday delivery is not guaranteed. Most of what people order even before the holiday deadline is for themselves anyway. That's why January is such a great month! Once that Visa card starts to slip and slide out of the wallet, folks are happy to buy themselves presents too!
If someone wants a show with guaranteed delivery and your schedule is completely booked, offer a catalog show. They can collect orders and do their shopping at a discount.
Offer theme gift shopping shows such as Office Day Shopping Show or Men-only Shopping Night. It's not too late to call guests and offer your Secret Santa Service! Get the name and telephone number of a partner, husband, mother, etc. and call them and let them know what your customer wants for Christmas or Hanukkah! You can deliver the goods to them (some consultants also offer to wrap the gifts) or have the gift sent directly to their place of work!
Promote, promote, and promote the December host special, everybody loves our cookbooks and everyone needs to get one free this month!
Try to think of anyone who might wish to have a show after the holiday deadline, either because of different religious beliefs or perhaps to entertain around the holidays or even because their relatives will be in town to see it.
Host a "Holiday Open House" party at your own home - it's not too late to do this. Invite past hosts, preferred customers neighbors and friends. Earn the products for yourself or to give as gifts! Remember though, the host order of a show turned in with a Consultant listed as the host does not earn commission, count toward Superstarter sales, count toward incentive points. You do not get the booking points, closing points, or Host Club Membership. Review the details in your policy manual.<o:p></o:p>
This year orders must be into the Pampered Chef office by midnight, December 15th to guarantee Christmas delivery. If for any reason you are not yet using electronic connection to transmit your orders, it's a wonderful time to set that easy to use software in place. Think of the money you'll save and the ease with which you'll be sending orders in December!

Give the gift of a paycheck to someone this holiday season! Offer our business opportunity. Do you know what a great deal this is? Show them how much free product they can earn! Show them how they can have a starter date of January 1, but received their kit in the next week and qualify before their first month! Take the focus off yourself and give others the same opportunity someone gave to you. What you give in this world will come back to you times three.

Give the gift of a BIGGER paycheck to YOURSELF! Do you have a PC website yet? Do you know that it will cost you less than $7.00 per month? It is a great investment in the future of your business, it is incredibly simple to use, and it offers opportunities to your customers that you cannot do at a show - there is an outlet guests love - they can purchase products anytime they want - your hosts will have an even easier job hosting with the e-mail invitations and reminder features, and YOU will have an easier time than ever sending information and newsletters to all your customers.

I know, I know, I was afraid of it too. I didn't even start mine until July because I was cheap and computer shy. Trust me on this one, if I can do it, you can too. I didn't even need my teenagers to show me how - it's that simple.

Please read the directions for the December Consultant specials, trip points and new spring products carefully, and overbook to be sure you earn both incentives. Please register your 6 January shows soon so that you can earn all the freebies offered to consultants in January, and PLEASE book your February heavily because you'll earn double points toward the new trip incentive!

Don't you just love this company? They want to give you products, cookware bags, trips to incredible places for nothing WHILE they keep paying you to do your job. Does it get any better than that? When I worked in the insurance world, I got a frozen turkey once, but other than that, it was under $8.00 an hour, no benefits and certainly no recognition. And by the way, in an office job, I always had to work until December 24 at 1:00 and was back at work on December 26th.

You can take all the vacation time you want with your Pampered Chef business, but please remember to keep working your business carefully at this time of year. Remember, you'll get as much out of the business as you put into it - no more, no less.

Dedicated to you and YOUR success,

Fran

P.S. Don't forget to let all of your December customers know about our wonderful January host bonus, and, if they won't or can't fill a hole in December, book in January or have a Valentine's show in February, there is always your "wait list" for March! :0) Just don't mention new products coming out until the winter months are filled to your satisfaction.<o:p></o:p>

Aried, thank you for posting this. I am sending it on to my team. I grew up in Rantoul (air force Brat) and it is always good when I see a post from somewhere near home. Champaign is a wonderful city. Hubby and I spent our first 2 nights of honeymoon at Jumers.

Hi Ann, thanks for sharing this post from the msn group welovepamperedcheftoo. It's great to see that the Senior Director, Fran Lynggaard Hansen, is already planning ahead for December and January bookings. It's definitely a smart idea to book about three months out to allow for flexibility in your calendar and to ensure a regular paycheck.I love the tips Fran gives for filling up your December calendar, like making "out of the box" calls and offering theme shows. And it's so true that January can be a really rewarding month for us as Pampered Chef Consultants. The cookware special for hosts is definitely a great incentive for them to book a show.I also appreciate the reminder to plan for cancellations and offer catalog shows for those who still want to shop after the holiday deadline. And the idea of hosting a "Holiday Open House" party at your own home is genius! It's not too late to do that and earn some free products as well.I couldn't agree more with Fran's advice to take advantage of the December Consultant specials, trip points, and new spring products. It's important to overbook to ensure you earn all the incentives. And I love that Fran points out how amazing our company is for constantly giving us opportunities to earn free products, trips, and recognition while still paying us for our hard work.Thanks again for sharing this post, Ann. I'm definitely going to follow Fran's advice and start booking for December and January now. I can't wait to see what the new spring products are!

1. How far in advance should I book a December or January party?

It is best to book a December or January party at least 4-6 weeks in advance to ensure availability and to give your guests enough notice to plan for the party.

2. Can I still book a party in December or January if I don't have a specific date in mind?

Absolutely! We understand that schedules can be busy during the holiday season. We can work together to find a date that works for both you and your guests.

3. Do I need to have a large group to host a December or January party?

No, you can host a party with as little as 5 guests. However, the more guests you invite, the more rewards and free products you can earn.

4. Can I host a virtual party in December or January?

Yes, we offer virtual party options for December and January. This is a great option for those who may not be able to meet in person or for those who have friends and family in different locations.

5. What are the benefits of hosting a party in December or January?

Hosting a party in December or January is a great way to earn free and discounted products for yourself and get a head start on your holiday shopping. It's also a fun way to get together with friends and family during the busy holiday season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Kattipppe
  • chefmeg
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcheftammy
Replies