• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Bookings: Turning a Bounced Check into a Booked Show

In summary, the guest is grateful that her bank only charged her $5 for a bounced check fee. She would have likely paid if I had asked her, but she is hesitant to book a show at this time because of her spending history. I offered to help her out and she said she would contact me about booking a show.
beepampered
I have a guest who bounced a check. She called immediately when she found out (before I knew) with deep apologies and saying to redeposit it. Thankfully, my credit union is only charging $5 for a fee. She would probably pay if I asked her. However, I really want her to book a show. She was hesitant to book a show but partially willing so there is a chance. I don't have a phone number.

Can someone think of a light-hearted way to say...."you caused me pay and suffering and a $5 fee so can I guilt you into booking a show?" I'm emailing her anyway to verify that the money is there since it's been a few weeks.

Thanks for helping me be cleverly persuasive.....

I would laugh it off for her- "I know I have "forgotten" that I wrote a check to someone and nearly bounced it... I know how easy it is to forget that you spent/ overspent at a PC party, don't we ALL love the items?? I'm just thankful my bank only chagred a $5 fee, I can't imagine what yours might have been!! How would you feel about hosting a show with a simple recipe with a few ingredients where you could even buy Christmas/Holiday gifts for your friends with your discount and save some money..." you know try to be nice, obviously she cared enough to call you first, but emphasize the saving money-- because it was obviously tight for her this time around...

Hmmm. Not sure what I'd say. That's a tough one for me. I'd be afraid of embarrassing her further by mentioning her spending habits or budget. I think I'd just treat her the same as anyone expressing possible interest in booking a show. Maybe I'd say something like "Thank you so much for letting me know right away about the check. My bank thankfully only charged a $5 fee, did your bank charge you anything? So glad it got resolved. I just wanted to thank you for your order. I know you'll just love your (product name). Would you like me to send you some recipes that will utilize it? You know, I'd love to pamper you and your friends sometime and give you the opportunity to get free products. How would you like to book a September show and get stoneware and bakeware on sale?!"Maybe? :)

I'd go more with Amanda's approach.

I had a similar situation. She had already booked. She called me before I knew her check had bounced. I would not assume the person is tight on funds. In my host's case, money that was supposed to be transferred into her account on a regular basis was not and it caused all sorts of problems for her. It was her bank's fault (maybe the funds had been transferred but they did not make them available? can't remember exactly) and they offered to pay any fees she incurred. That's why I agree with Amanda's approach of empathizing and going from there.

Becca

I always pass along the fee to the customer. Any other store would charge $20-30. My bank charges me $10 and I charge the customer that when I pick up a new check from them. If you want her to book, call her and ask her. It has nothing to do with her check.

Deb is right. There is no point in rubbing salt in the wound.
In fact, since she pointed it out to you, she at this point will deal with you. Ask her politly to pay the fee. And be done with it. Wait a bit then contact her about hosting. If you go at her in any of the above manners, I would not blame her for never dealing with you again. I would be too mortified.

I'd just be ok with it, and thank her for being so concientious to call you first. Tell her "I so appreciate that". And let it go. If she wants to book, she will. If you give her permission NOT to be embarassed you will be fine

Below is the email I sent last night. She hasn't responded. I don't have a phone call and won't pursue the $5. I now understand why companies charge an additional fee for bounced checks. It's a pain and if I don't get the $5 from her my profit margin is WAY down on her order. Even if I DO get the money, I have to worry about my account being correct and redeposit the check. The email I sent is loaded with info so it probably isn't the best way to go about it but I wanted to get it all at once.....".....I hope you are enjoying your Pampered Chef products you got at Kathy’s show. I’m attaching some baking uses for your new batter bowl. Thank you so much for letting me know right away about the check. I just got the letter from my bank and will be depositing later this week if all is clear with your account??? (we stopped using debit cards cause it was too hard for us to keep up with.) Thankfully my credit union only charged a $5 fee which I would gladly waive if you host a show!I also am sending the specials for Sept and Oct to hopefully entice you to host a show. It’s really fun and quite simple.Enjoy!"

Absolutey perfect. No blame, no shame. And a good spirit to it.
Heck, I would book with you!

I redeposited the check today with great fuss at the bank. Kinda weird since I would think a bounced check isn't that uncommon. Hope it doesn't bounce a second time or she will be too embarassed to see me. Thanks Jon for your comments. She was so nice - we had kids the same age so I really bonded with her.

1. What happens if a customer's check bounces?

If a customer's check bounces, they will be responsible for any associated fees or charges. We will contact the customer to inform them of the bounced check and request payment for the amount owed.

2. How long do I have to wait for the check to clear?

It typically takes 3-5 business days for a check to clear. If the check bounces, we will notify you as soon as possible to request payment for the amount owed.

3. Can I still earn commission on an order paid with a bounced check?

No, commission is only earned once payment has been received and processed. If a check bounces, you will not receive commission on that order until the payment has been received and cleared.

4. What if I already deposited the check and it bounces later?

If this happens, we will contact you to request payment for the amount owed. It is important to keep track of your deposits and follow up on any bounced checks to avoid any delays in receiving payment.

5. Can I still book parties if I have had a bounced check in the past?

Yes, having a bounced check in the past does not disqualify you from booking parties. However, we do ask that you monitor your customers' payments closely and ensure that all payments are made in a timely manner to avoid any issues in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • PamperedPrincess74
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
Replies