• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booking Beads: Increasing Show Bookings - Experiences?

In summary, Jill Lerner's Booking Beads tool is a way of increasing bookings at shows by using colorful necklaces with information about the product on the back. This can be done with catalog or live shows. The key is that the guest chooses the product they want.
marystell1
Has anyone heard about Jill Lerner's Booking Beads tool for increasing your bookings at shows? Has anyone used it? If so, how successful was it?

Yes. My cluster has been doing it. My director got three (possibly four) bookings out of 5 guests. I have been using the concept with my online shows and I got 3 parties out of it! I can't wait to use them at my first house party. Some of our newer consultants used $5-10 items instead and people were still excited and booked.

Actually, I have my pictures printed out and laminated and will use them at my next show. I'm going with $10-12 products just to test the water.

Can you explain more what this is?

I just learned about it last week and am so excited to do this at my show friday.

You get marti gras beeds from the dollar store. Then make cards, each with a picture of a product (pick a price range) on the front and the info about it on the back. Attach the product cards to the beeds. Each guest gets a "necklace" when she/he arrives and puts it on. At intro time, each guest says their name and what product they are. Then they read the info on the back. At the end of the show, while doing the door prize slip, you tell them that if they book a party today, they will get the product they are wearing free at their show and the current host will also get it free at their show. If they have the product or want something different, they can swap product necklaces. When they check out, they will get the product they are wearing (at their party) for booking a party.

You laminate pictures of different products in whatever dollar range you choose and attach to a necklace. As guests arrive you give each one a necklace with a diffferent product. You don't tell them what it is for immediately. At the end of your demo, you do your booking pitch and tell them to look at their necklaces and tell them that for hosting a show you will give them this item for free AND you will also give this item to that night's host. Therefore, if 6 of the guests book shows, that night's host will get six products for free in addition to all their other host benefits. You might have to spend $20 to $30 per show, but you can order the products in the host's name and you'll get commission as well so the costs will be mitigated somewhat. Also, you don't provide the products until the guests actually holds the show. And actually, I'm going to make them host "in the next two months", not just anytime down the road.

Jill Lerner (Jillian Grant's recruiter) puts it like this: "If you could buy a PC show for $20 at the corner market, wouldn't we all be putting out $20 to get that show?" Well, I paraphrased, but the sentiment is the same. I can't wait to try it. It's so much easier to get a booking at a show as opposed to a customer care call.

Really, once you put the bonus items on a host order, and get her host discount, then factor you receive small commission on products ordered on her discount, you aren't even spending $30. My NED calculated it to $15-$20 foroth gifts, assuming you have approx $15 valued items.

The key is, YOU can select the items. Maybe you would rather your price range from $7-$15.

When I get on my regular computer where I have the document, I will post it.

I love this idae. I'm going to try it. Thanks for sharing.
I just moved and I'm learning I have to change my show layout. I was use to the same rotation of hostess and I'm not getting any bookings at my current shows. I LOVE THIS IDEA.

Do you use this incentive with catalog shows as well? I love the idea though! I'm having trouble getting bookings....no, KEEPING bookings. Almost every one of my July hosts has cancelled and moved to different dates or no dates at all.

Here is the document that my NED sent. (I think Sharon is in the Jillian Lerner group...so you may have already seen this.)

Attachments

• sharonzeldonbookingnecklaces.doc
    25 KB · Views: 1,404
Love this idea! Can't wait to try it out!

We did this at a cluster meeting - awesome! Check out the "everyone is a winner" activity for another proven way of bumping bookings to 3-5 at each show.

I made mine up today with different color beads and it looks fun...and pretty.

Sarah, how do you do it with online shows??

What's the "Everyone is a Winner" activity?

Jill came out to San Diego and did her new recruit training at our monthly meeting. She is AMAZING!!! I was so inspired by her that I created the necklaces for my next party (they work!!!!) and I recruited my first recruit!!!! You can go onto You Tube and search Jill Learner. Someone in my group recorded her and cut it into three videos. She is funny and real and what she teaches works!!

I watched the videos a couple of days ago. They were awesome. When I grow up I want to be Jill Lerner! She's so funny. No wonder she's been so successful. I want to have that kind of vive at my shows.

Those were amazing :) I could not take notes fast enough. So, how does the bead necklace thing work for catalog shows?

marystell1 said:
What's the "Everyone is a Winner" activity?
I could not find this in the files.

So with my catalog shows (facebook shows) as soon as a guest has sent in an order, I follow up with an email.
Here is what I send to every order (most of it was borrowed from another consultant):
Hi-
My name is Sarah White and I am Melissa's Pampered Chef Consultant. I wanted to thank you so much for your order at her event!

I was wondering if you were interested in hosting your own online event? I would set up everything and it would look and work just like Melissa's. All you really have to do is invite your friends on Facebook and I will do all the work. You would receive all of the host benefits (free products, half price and discounted products, monthly special at 60% off, free shipping, and 10% off for a full year) of a catalog show and Melissa benefits too if you decide to host. As a speical incentive for the month of July only, I am offering an EXTRA GIFT from me! If you host a facebook event in the month of July, I will be buying you my top selling product, our Mix N' Chop FREE! And it gets even better, not only will I buy YOU a Mix N' Chop, I will be buying one for Melissa as well!

I tell everyone this is the way to go when ordering from The Pampered Chef because the discounts and free products are amazing! I do find that most people would rather shop online in the privacy of their own home than going to an actual cooking show when summer schedules get so busy!

Please let me know if you are interested. I would love to have you as one of my hosts!

I will be doing this at my show i have this weekend. I made mine a little different. I bought name tag holders at walmart they were 12 for 1.88 and i cut my items out ($15) and used the brightly colored index cards and glued them on and wrote the name of item and value on the back and used ribbon for the necklace part. This way if I ever want to change my items I don't have to make new necklaces I just have to change the card inside. I hope it works well for me this weekend.

Shae424 said:
I will be doing this at my show i have this weekend. I made mine a little different. I bought name tag holders at walmart they were 12 for 1.88 and i cut my items out ($15) and used the brightly colored index cards and glued them on and wrote the name of item and value on the back and used ribbon for the necklace part. This way if I ever want to change my items I don't have to make new necklaces I just have to change the card inside. I hope it works well for me this weekend.

Thanks for pointing that out and saving me a few $$! I picked mine up at Walmart today!

This gave me an idea for booths as well. I usually do the "FREE Cooking Show" giveaway drawing at my booths and will have a sign that says "Book your show today and get a free gift". With my next booth, I won't have a drawing. Instead I will put all the badges in a basket, and advertise that if they book their show on the spot, they will get to choose a free gift (earned at their show) by picking out one of the badges. (kind of grab bag style).

Bren706 said:
This gave me an idea for booths as well. I usually do the "FREE Cooking Show" giveaway drawing at my booths and will have a sign that says "Book your show today and get a free gift". With my next booth, I won't have a drawing. Instead I will put all the badges in a basket, and advertise that if they book their show on the spot, they will get to choose a free gift (earned at their show) by picking out one of the badges. (kind of grab bag style).

I love this! I might even try it on Sunday when I work my event.

sarahsworld2000 said:
Yes. My cluster has been doing it. My director got three (possibly four) bookings out of 5 guests. I have been using the concept with my online shows and I got 3 parties out of it! I can't wait to use them at my first house party. Some of our newer consultants used $5-10 items instead and people were still excited and booked.

Sarasworld2000 - how are you using it with online shows? Sounds interesting!

My Walmart did not have the name tags, so I glued the product images to colored 3x5 cards, cut them out, added the product info on the back and 'laminated' using wide, clear packing tape. Punched a hole and hung on a party favor necklaces I did find at Walmart. I used them at my last show (only 2 guests came) and did not get any bookings. Not even when I offered it to the relatives that could not make it. Now that I have seen the post on the catalog show idea for this I will use it with all the outside orders on my next show along with at the show. My next 'live' show is in August, so we will see how it goes. Thank you to everyone that has shared great comments and ideas.

So, if you order them off the first host's show (for the discount), then you will have to meet up with her again to get the items, right?
That is the only part that I am hung up on, because if the items come with the first show, what is stopping the host from taking her free item and giving the free item to the booked show host?Karen

I am going to try this idea tomorrow at my cooking show. This is my first book in close show. ever! She texted me Wednesday and we're cooking tomorrow! I'm buying the ingredients. I talked to her last night and she already has 4 outside orders. She's always been a great host and constantly sits on the recruiting fence. She needs to get her medical conditions under control before she takes the plunge is what she told me last night!

thehaleykitchen said:
So, if you order them off the first host's show (for the discount), then you will have to meet up with her again to get the items, right?
That is the only part that I am hung up on, because if the items come with the first show, what is stopping the host from taking her free item and giving the free item to the booked show host?

Karen

my host doesn't get the item until the booker's show is held. That way if it never materializes, I'm not out anything.

On another note, I have revamped how i do this since I felt like I was taking too much time having the guest read about the product (that's what I was doing). Now I have each guest tell us "who she is/product wize)" ask if she has it, then a show of hands who else has that product. Then I ask anyone who has that product to tell the others why they love it. If no one has it, I'll then tell a little about it. This worked amazingly at my last show. Lots of interaction, and the gals really got into it.

So does that mean you place the orders and have them deliver to you (consultant) instead of host?

Carmen

I will just add the item to the host's order when submitting her show. This way, you know that a show will be held and the host will receive the free product.

My host from Wednesday remarked to me yesterday about how much she enjoyed the necklace activity! She thought it was so fun and a great way to get everyone involved and show off alot of products.:D I think when a host is impressed with an activity,it says a lot. I can't wait to do it again tonight.

Great that your host liked it. But did you get any bookings?

Yes I did! And I sold several of the products, which I believe would not have sold because they would not have otherwise been mentioned.

Was a huge hit again last night too! Bookings and sales of those products. And again, the host and guests loved the uniqueness of the activity. And last night was a couples party so it made it even more fun - guys wearing beaded necklaces and all...:D

What products did you use and how many necklaces do you make up?

I made 30 necklaces. I have gold and blue ones that currently have august host specials on them that are free if they book in august (less expensive things like the 5" utility knife, the paring knife, kitchen shears, etc). With them at 60% off I dont' have aproblem put out $10-$20 for them (yes, even at x2-current host and booking host). The other products are on red, purple, and green beads and are between $10 and $20 dollars, roughly. I hand pick the products I put on people. If I'm using that product in my demo, I don't put it on someone. And, I have products that people may overlook as well as new products I'd like to highlight for those that say "I have everything" (you know there's always ONE in the crowd!). With each person, I have them tell us their name, then what product they are. I ask if they have that product and if anyone else does. Those that do brag about how much they love it. If no one has it, I brag about how much everyone is going to love "Suzy, our brownie pan",or whatever she's wearing.

Here's a list of some:
citrus press
professional shears
apple wedger
jar opener
5" santoku knife
kitchen spritzer
quick stir pitcher
Great Grilling Cookbook
Bamboo Sink Caddy
Wine Bottle Opener
Smooth-Edge Can Opener
Spice Turn About
Chips & Dip
Pineapple Wedger
French Fry Cutter
Garlic Press
Adjustable Coarse Grater
Brownie Pan
Large Scoop

Would it still be ok to add the free items to the second show? Still hung up on when the free items gets ordered with the discount and when you hand out the free items!!I don't understand why I can't figure that part out ~ maybe its my insomnia messing with my head! Karen

thehaleykitchen said:
Would it still be ok to add the free items to the second show? Still hung up on when the free items gets ordered with the discount and when you hand out the free items!!

I don't understand why I can't figure that part out ~ maybe its my insomnia messing with my head!

Karen

You DO NOT order the item until the booked show holds, that way if for some reason they cancel, you don't have the money already spent. When someone books their show, make a note on your calendar (or whatever you use) the original host's name and the free item. Then, when the show holds, you'll add a qty of 2 to the host's order, so that you are getting them at the host's discount level and still getting commission on it.

HTH!

Another way to put it, is that it's not just a "booking" benefit, it's a "show holding" benefit :)

Got it now!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Your original host will get the Free product when the booking host holds and submits her show. Place them both on the booking hosts order form and "consultant gift" it in payment. This way, the price will be reduced with the booking hosts product discount AND you'll get commission on it.

Here are the necklace nametags I came up with. I'm using Avery 5392 (4" x 3") because that's what I could find inexpensively using the nametag holders.

I copied pics and the write-ups from the personal website, with some minor adjustments for typos (REALLY? what's up with that?) and space reasons.

I opted to do two separate cards for each one, rather than printing back to back, mostly cuz my brain couldn't wrap around it any other way :yuck:

Feel free to use and modify as you need... just thought I would share :D

Attachments

• Necklace Attachments pdf.pdf
    253.7 KB · Views: 737
  • Necklace Attachments.doc
    174.5 KB · Views: 750
Our Sweet Caroline modeling a Booking Bead for me... I'm really happy with how they turn out. I have back to back shows Mon. & Tues. (with NEW people!) and will be using these... hoping for some great results.

Attachments

• Caroline Booking Beads.jpg
    Caroline Booking Beads.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 878
Hi Nikked,

I was wondering what margin or page set up you did on the necklace word document. I want to add other products for my necklace and use your set up. Thank you so much in advance.

I used Avery 5392 (4" x 3") ... don't know the specifics of the setup, just used that Label format (in Word 2010, go to "Mailings", click on "Labels", then choose "Options" to pick the label type, then click on "New Document"; as you tab through the first 3 rows, the program will automatically add a new row)... HTH!

Bren706 said:

I LOVE this idea!! I will try it at my next vendor show in a few weeks!

Not sure if this is possible, but is there some way you can incorporate days you want to book first? I love this idea but I have some dates on my calendar I would love to try & fill up!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kcheatham08
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
amgreen66
  • sandilou