• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Bookings with the BOOK TO LOOK Incentive Box

A
AFwife
So I started this BOOK TO LOOK idea to get bookings and it worked.

What it is, is a little box I made that says, BOOK to LOOK and inside are 4 little tiny file folders I made each with an insentive inside for booking. If they want to book a show, they get to pick one of the four file folders without peeking at the rest and inside they may find, a large batter bowl, or the measure all cup, etc...each one having something different inside.

I don't know about you, but curiosity always gets me which was the point of this idea, to get them wondering what was inside that box.

Well the show was only $400 I did get 3 bookings out of it because of my BOOK to LOOK box idea. :) The first lady to book said, the suspense is killing me I'm booking and quickly grabbed the box and pulled out a file folder. LOL

I'm so excited and wanted to share in case anyone was looking for new ways to get bookings.

:D

That's great. I have such a hard time getting bookings. I just might try this. thanks

AFwife said:
So I started this BOOK TO LOOK idea to get bookings and it worked.

What it is, is a little box I made that says, BOOK to LOOK and inside are 4 little tiny file folders I made each with an insentive inside for booking. If they want to book a show, they get to pick one of the four file folders without peeking at the rest and inside they may find, a large batter bowl, or the measure all cup, etc...each one having something different inside.

I don't know about you, but curiosity always gets me which was the point of this idea, to get them wondering what was inside that box.

Well the show was only $400 I did get 3 bookings out of it because of my BOOK to LOOK box idea. :) The first lady to book said, the suspense is killing me I'm booking and quickly grabbed the box and pulled out a file folder. LOL

I'm so excited and wanted to share in case anyone was looking for new ways to get bookings.

Hello,

This sounds like a great idea, would you mind explaining it a little more? How do you explain it to your guests at the shows? Do they pick the date on the spot? I'm assuming the incentive is given to them after their show, is that correct?

Stephanie S said:
Hello,

This sounds like a great idea, would you mind explaining it a little more? How do you explain it to your guests at the shows? Do they pick the date on the spot? I'm assuming the incentive is given to them after their show, is that correct?

Yes they did pick a date on the spot.

Ok so I wait till everyone sits down and I introduce myself and and thank the hostess for having the kitchen show and after I run through the specials for hostess and guest for the next 3 months I then pull out my little box and say,

I have a 4 cute tiny file folders in here, (and I pull one out to show them) and each one has a name inside of a product you will get for booking a show for me. Now this is a BOOK to LOOK box so there's no peeking inside unless you plan on booking a show. If I catch you peeking, I'll take that as a committed booking. (then I laugh and so did everyone else) On the bottom of your order form please write in what product you got on your Book to Look file folder so I remember which one it is and at YOUR party I will include it in your order, paid by me of course, just the gift not YOUR entire order (and everyone laughes of course) and you will receive it when the order comes in.

Any questions?

And if anyone didn't understand it, then I would repeat it or go over it again when we are setting up a date for there show later on after orders have been taken.

Hope this helps. :)

I used by BOOK to LOOK box again today for my other business, the Close to my Heart one, and again, got 3 more bookings. WOO HOO!

This sounds like a great idea...what did you make the file folders out of?

Awesome Idea!!!That is such a wonderful booking idea!! I can not wait to try it at my next show. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!!

Laura :)

I Love this idea!!! :D Thanks for a great idea because I have the hardest time booking parties. Who know curiosty would come in that handy!!

Shannon Robare
518-863-2581

What kinds of things are you giving away?

It's a great idea!

Do you write the name of the product or do you cut out a picture. What do you use?... 3 x 5 cards? Do you laminate them?

I like this idea alot ~ how "big' is the box? I'm just not sure I could fit one more box! I need to cut down on what I bring!

:)

The box isn't big and I only put in four items inside. I didn't laminate them, didn't have time.

I made them with a stamp set I own from my other business. I do scrapbooking and stamping as well. :)

Here is a picture of what the box looks like and the tiny file folders:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b388/AFwife_24/DSCF0001.jpg

Inside I put pictures of what the gift is and the name under it with item #.

The four I have say, Measure All Cup, Small Bar Pan, Rectangle Platter, and Classic Batter Bowl.

Whichever they pick like I said will be there hostess gift when they have there show and they don't get it until the show is over, which means they'll get it in there order.

Hope you like. I got the template for the Box online. I just typed in the search engine, box templates and got a whole bunch and just printed the one I liked on cardstock so it's sturdy. Then decorated it with again, my supplies from my other company.

Much luck to all!

You don't mind if I steal this idea do you? I have stamps and other supplies that would work great w/ this. I have to admit I get soo much help from everyone on this site. You can not believe how much help I have recieved.
Thanks again for a wonderful idea

Shano

I may have to try this idea, too, at my shows next month.

No of course not, use it if you like. That's why I posted it after all. lol

I get so many ideas from here too and when this worked, I just had to share it.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! I have set myself a "theme" for my shows in 2006 and this will fit right in.

I am putting this on all of my host packets and then have a little display at the show that says the same thing -- "Why host a Pampered Chef Cooking Show? Fun, Friends, Food and Free stuff!!"

I have been looking for a way to do something for the "Fun" part that will stand out and this is GREAT!

Thank you so much.

Instead of taking the time to make a box how about using the PC Gift Boxes and putting your mini files or mini gift boxes (I got a set of small jewelry boxes at the dollar store (5 nice, small boxes for a dollar) in there.

I know the Pampered Chef Gift Boxes are going out of the catalog but they would be great for this idea. You can buy a set of 3 for $8 (or is it $8.50...) and when the one you're using gets ragged just use a new one.

"Book To Look" BagI'm going to do this with a storebought gift bag with some tissue paper inside.. put a pretty bow or curly ribbon on it, with a simple "BOOK TO LOOK" sign on the outside. They are super cheap and sometimes easier to find than boxes. I've seen some pretty ones at the $1 store. Or, do several little ones (they have super little ones that are like 3"x4") and put the cards inside of them with a little tissue paper... they can pick a bag and pull out the card to see what their gift is. Then just fold the tissue paper and collapse the bags when you're not using them.

By the way, this is such a great idea! Now, to book a show so I can do this... :rolleyes:

Love this ideaJust a thought since some of you are 'crafty' - I was thinking since this next season is the Italian theme maybe the file folders she discribes could be made to look like ravioli, manicotti, or even a meatball and you could use some of that shredded looking paper/confetti (as the sauce or noodles if using a meatball) then if you want to use one of the SA bowls to hold it all. I know the bowl maybe hard to pass around but if you mention it during your show and no one takes one you can always ask again at check out.

I would say the ravioli or manicotti because those usually have something inside - just like the folder idea you could have the 'free gift' inside.

Good Luck to all - I Love all of the ideas I get from this site - THANK YOU!!
Leea :)

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
Instead of taking the time to make a box how about using the PC Gift Boxes and putting your mini files or mini gift boxes (I got a set of small jewelry boxes at the dollar store (5 nice, small boxes for a dollar) in there.

I know the Pampered Chef Gift Boxes are going out of the catalog but they would be great for this idea. You can buy a set of 3 for $8 (or is it $8.50...) and when the one you're using gets ragged just use a new one.

Well the point of making the box was so I can stamp it with my other business supplies. I wanted to get them asking how I made it so I can promote Close to my Heart as well. :)

I was thinking that the boxes from Pampered Chef would be perfect. But I think they are discontining this spring. I did find 3 metal tins at Walmart w/ a design on them. They are different sizes. I am going to put the book to look in them. I cant ait to try this!!

Shannon

My husband just loves to play devil's advocate and I was talking to him about this idea. He wanted to know if it is worth it in the long run. For example say someone chooses and gets a Classic Batter Bowl. When you do their show, they only have a $200 show. So you add the $13 gift, but are only making approx $40 commission minus the 13 would be $27 for the day and host coaching hours. I know it is a chance we take, but am trying to explain it to him where it doesn't seem I keep digging myself into a hole. (I don't mean to make him sound bad. He is actually very supportive of my new business)

If you ever offer an extra incentive gift on someone's show, be sure to order it on the host's order. You'll be able to get it at the 15-30% discount they earn as the host, depending on the show total. So, even if she only gets to $200, it would be 20% off of whatever the cost of the incentive "gift" is. PLUS, you could always do a minimum. If I ever offer an extra free item or an extra 1/2 price item, I usually stipulate it must be a $400 show or more so you know you'll be getting a good chunk of commission already. It's up to you as to how you do it since it's your business. That's the best part! :)

I like this idea!It's cute and mysterious for guests! I may have to try it for my next show in Feb. to fill the rest of my feb. calander! I also liked the one "you're a winner" post it incentive. Put 2 or 3 post it's on or in a catalog for someone to "discover" they have won something. Either a free cooking show or a gift if they host a show! Same concept but this look to book is mysterious and keeps your guests in suspense until they look inside! Very clever! Hope it works for everyone who tries it!

pamperedbecky said:
If you ever offer an extra incentive gift on someone's show, be sure to order it on the host's order. You'll be able to get it at the 15-30% discount they earn as the host, depending on the show total. So, even if she only gets to $200, it would be 20% off of whatever the cost of the incentive "gift" is. PLUS, you could always do a minimum. If I ever offer an extra free item or an extra 1/2 price item, I usually stipulate it must be a $400 show or more so you know you'll be getting a good chunk of commission already. It's up to you as to how you do it since it's your business. That's the best part! :)

That's exactly what I do. I NEVER order the hostess gift on my own account. I wait and I put in the Hostess order and put it under her 15-30% off.

It's the best way to go about it. :D

By the way, I have my first recruit and I told her, if there is anything you need don't hesitate to ask and she goes, CAN I HAVE A BOOK TO LOOK BOX!

Of course, I made her one and she is so excited! She was at my show last week, when I used my Book to Look box and she got to see first hand how it works and now, she has one of her own.

I was telling my director about this idea and that I couldn't wait to try it, and she gave me this twist on the idea.

Put a picture of the "gift" in an envelope and put this envelope inside a catalog. Do this for each catalog you hand out at the show. On the outside of the envelope, write "Do Not Open." At the start of the show, tell everyone that there is a gift inside their envelope, but they can't open and find out what it is until they book a show with you at the end of the show. This way, the guests are sitting there with a sealed envelope in their hands the whole time. I know the curiosity would definitely get the best of me!

I used this idea at my show last night. I did get one booking but it wasn't because of her overwhelming curiosity. Maybe I didn't play it up as much as I could. She was excited to pick the card out but she almost didn't remember. I'll try it again at my shows tomorrow and see if it goes over better. All of the products I chose were under $10 so I won't be out that much money.

amya said:
I was telling my director about this idea and that I couldn't wait to try it, and she gave me this twist on the idea.

Put a picture of the "gift" in an envelope and put this envelope inside a catalog. Do this for each catalog you hand out at the show. On the outside of the envelope, write "Do Not Open." At the start of the show, tell everyone that there is a gift inside their envelope, but they can't open and find out what it is until they book a show with you at the end of the show. This way, the guests are sitting there with a sealed envelope in their hands the whole time. I know the curiosity would definitely get the best of me!

I like that idea too. Nothing worse then having something in your hands and not be able to find out what it is. LOL

janel kelly said:
I used this idea at my show last night. I did get one booking but it wasn't because of her overwhelming curiosity. Maybe I didn't play it up as much as I could. She was excited to pick the card out but she almost didn't remember. I'll try it again at my shows tomorrow and see if it goes over better. All of the products I chose were under $10 so I won't be out that much money.

Where did you place it?

I put mine on an end table or coffee table (where they can constantly see it even where the food is where they gotta go and get food you know, and evertime someone picked it up and went, what's this, I'd say, go ahead take a peek and see what you will get for booking and one girl said, oh and she started to put it down and goes, can't I just take one peek and I said sure, tell me what date would you like to book your show for, she said, sneaky girl and she booked. :) Just play it up like you said.

AFwife said:
By the way, I have my first recruit and I told her, if there is anything you need don't hesitate to ask and she goes, CAN I HAVE A BOOK TO LOOK BOX!

Of course, I made her one and she is so excited! She was at my show last week, when I used my Book to Look box and she got to see first hand how it works and now, she has one of her own.

I want to SEE your book to look box! Can you scan in a picture, pretty please?

This is a great idea. And, as far as the cost is concerned. If you give a $13.00 product and order it as the hosts 15% discount it costs you 11.05 up front. Then you get a 20% commission on the 11.05 which means it actually only cost you 8.84.

Yeah, I put it where everyone sees it constantly. I had 2 bookings from a show today but it wasn't because of the book to look although they were glad to get something free. I don't know if it helped or not. One lady wants the cookware and the other one just wants to do a party. Oh well, its kind of nice to know that they would book even without the extra incentive. :D

its_me_susan said:
I want to SEE your book to look box! Can you scan in a picture, pretty please?
It's on page 2 of this thread. :)

Shawnna said:
This is a great idea. And, as far as the cost is concerned. If you give a $13.00 product and order it as the hosts 15% discount it costs you 11.05 up front. Then you get a 20% commission on the 11.05 which means it actually only cost you 8.84.

Exactly. :D

I think I'm somehow not seeing the right picture on page 2. I see a big white teddy bear...am I losing my mind??

AFwife said:
It's on page 2 of this thread. :)

I'm also not seeing the picture of the Box, only a big white teddy bear. Maybe you could re-post the picture if it isn't too much trouble, it really is a great idea.

Thanks!
Dotty

Thats so weird that you guys see a teddy bear. :) The box in the picture looks whitesh but its the book to look box and not a stuffed animal. I don't know, that just makes me smile. :D

It was a picture of the book to look box but now it is a big white teddy bear :confused:

AFwife said:
The box isn't big and I only put in four items inside. I didn't laminate them, didn't have time.

I made them with a stamp set I own from my other business. I do scrapbooking and stamping as well. :)

The four I have say, Measure All Cup, Small Bar Pan, Rectangle Platter, and Classic Batter Bowl.

Whichever they pick like I said will be there hostess gift when they have there show and they don't get it until the show is over, which means they'll get it in there order.

Hope you like. I got the template for the Box online. I just typed in the search engine, box templates and got a whole bunch and just printed the one I liked on cardstock so it's sturdy. Then decorated it with again, my supplies from my other company.

Much luck to all!

I don't see any teddy bears. Here it is, I quopted it so it can show up again.

cher88bear said:
It was a picture of the book to look box but now it is a big white teddy bear :confused:

I just have to laugh, cause my son gave me a big white teddy bear yesterday. :D

Is the one you saw, does it have hearts on it's paws?

LOL

Sorry, I just think it's funny, and wierd!

:) Yes its a big white bear with red hearts on the paws It's very cute

AFwife said:

Much luck to all!
O.K. I quoted it and it still is a big white teddy bear It was when you quoted it too

Do you buy them the gift from that show or off the show they will be hosting?

Ok now that is so freaking weird. You just quoted it and all I see is my box.

Well now you know what the bear my oldest gave me looks like. LOL

Guess the links got crossed somehow, which is why I stopped using photobucket a month ago.

Ok, here it is:

muu4go.jpg

Sorry all it gave you was a teddy before, like I said, that was weird.

I don't understand why when you quoted what I quoted, it gave me the Book to look box and still gave you the bear. Talk about interference. LOL

Did you find the tiny file folders somewhere, or did you make them yourself?

MamaChef said:
Did you find the tiny file folders somewhere, or did you make them yourself?

I'm also a consultant for Close to my Heart, (scrapbooking and stamping) and I have a stamp set that creates the file folders for me. All I do is pick a color, stamp it, cut it and fold it to make it look like a tiny file. Then I stamped a flower, cut it out and used a brad to clip it on. :D Oh and a spiral paper clip to hold the file closed.

super cute!! Thanks for posting it (and reposting it :D )

I swear there is no picture of a bear! There are 4 pictures of the box now though. I wonder why I can't see a bear? I'm beginning to think I'm crazy now. :D

I'm going to try this!I just went to a local craft store and bought a paper mache` box and will decorate it cutesy then I bought 3 small jewelry boxes to go inside of it! Will place pics of the products inside of each. I hope it works for my next show! I really need to fill February for double pts!

I like BOTH pictures...they are very cute. :) Thanks for posting.

Sandy

Thanks so much for this AWESOME Idea! I had a cute box left over from a set of greeting cards that I bought at a craft store. I put a picture of each "prize" on an index card and put one card between each divider. I can't wait to try it out at my next show!

Thanks so much!

Mindy Fox
Pampered Chef Consultant
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/mindyfox

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mommyhugz1978
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
rbergwrightchef
  • heat123