• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Bookings with the BOOK TO LOOK Incentive Box

Sk8Mom209 said:
I made my own lapboards also. I used an Xacto knife and was very careful to stay in the center of the seaming, so that there was not an open edge. If you cut carefully, the seam on the edge of the lapboard will still be sealed.

I also added the clear Pampered Chef labels on the outside of the lapboard to kind of personalize them.

Shari,
Can you send us a picture ~ I want to be able to picture these (they sound great).

momof3 said:
:) Awesome Ideas! I too make lapboards. At one of my cluster meetings, someone suggested using the trifold boards we get with the celebrations shows on them. I cut them into three seperate pieces, sometimes I need to reinforce the edges with some clear packing tape, but they work so well! everyone gets a different show idea and you can order them from supply order for a small fee ?$1.00?.
Another way that I used a type of the Look to Book idea was at change of season my first year as a consultant. I put a mini-catalog in several envelopes and wrote "TOP SECRET" on the front. Then, at the end of the show, I put in a fourth request for bookings and said, "the new season will be starting soon and if you want to be the first to see the new products, book a show with me tonight and you can open that top secret envelope!" I got 5 bookings (it was a BIG show)! I never thought to do it again this year, but maybe this fall!
What an excellent site! Thanks for everyone's great, helpful ideas!
Mom of three (plus two equals FIVE!)

What were the 4 items they received?
:)

Thought you all might like to see my Book-to-Look "coupons" I made! I'm going to put these in brightly-colored envelopes with a "Who do you know?" list for hosts.

Attachments

• Free.doc
    177.5 KB · Views: 830
What are the details you give them when they ask ?? Like the free stoneware....is it any piece and do they have to sell so much or get so many bookings ???

I cut my pictures out of the old catalog last night, taping them to a colored index card...then I thought, "what if someone opens this and sees they will be getting the Kitchen Shears, and they already had that on their receipt... would they scratch it off and order something else? or would they just scratch it off, and say! "woo hoo!"... and i know that i benefit by getting a booking... but my host will not have such a good show.
I gave away an Adjustable Scoop once as the door prize and the winner already had it on her list...she was a friend of mine... she went ahead and found something else to get in it's place! But she has no intention on hosting, so this was her chance to get more!.
I don't know... just something I thought of last night, I'll still do it...
I was going to be putting them in an envelope, in the lapboard, but the host is expecting 12 people... I stopped at 9 and figured that was enough,... but I like the idea of everyone holding one throughout the show...suspense!

You all are wonderful, I'm not creative, so I get lots of wonderful ideas here!
Thanks!
Nicole

chefmelody said:
Thought you all might like to see my Book-to-Look "coupons" I made! I'm going to put these in brightly-colored envelopes with a "Who do you know?" list for hosts.

Those are so cute! You could send them with your hostess packet and/or insert in your host's "passing out" catalogs.

:)

pampered_heathery said:
What are the details you give them when they ask ?? Like the free stoneware....is it any piece and do they have to sell so much or get so many bookings ???

The free stoneware I consider my own cost... I put it on the host's order, so I get it as a discount. The reason I include the stoneware coupon is to tell the potential hosts, "One of these envelopes has a FREE STONEWARE coupon!" I don't put any conditions on it, but other consultants might.

I had an idea while checking out the whole "book to look" idea. I plan to take 4x5 index cards and on one side of one, print "Book to Look - Your FREE product is inside this envelope!" And on the flip side put the picture, price and description of either a small bar pan, ice cream sandwich maker, citrus press, or paring knife. On a second card I am going to print the new logo. Then I will laminate the cards so that the logo and "book to look" are on the same side with a small space between them. That way I can fold them in half and use a paper clip to keep them together. I will put one in each catalog at a show and ask them to turn them in when I total their order. If they want to see their free product then they book a show. I think if is such a fun way to handle bookings and I hope it will help fill my calendar!

BOOK to LOOKI have also used Easter Eggs in a basket in place of the folders. I like the idea of pulling it together with the holiday! It does work too! They just gotta know what's in there!

Good Luck,
Tesha

Got my eggs all ready for my show tomorrow night. I really hope it works cause I have only catalog shows until April 5. Are you all passing out the eggs in the beginning of your demo?

BOOK to LOOKTell them about it when you first talk about bookings, at the beginning of the show, pass the basket. Then at the end of the show pass it again, they may decide to have a show by the time your demo is over.

Another thing I'm going to try is during introductions. Ask them their name, but instead of their favorite product, ask them which product they would like to own. Afterwards really talk about bookings and relate their favorite products and how they could earn it FREE!!!

Tesha

I just made my box & I used the "free coupons" - I love the idea - I have a show on the 28th with 30 people invited, so I'm hoping this help my bookings!

Thanks so much for sharing!

I too am a big fan of the Book to Look idea! I tried it last night at my show and got 4 bookings. I'm definitely doing this at all of my shows!

CatherinesKitchen said:
I too am a big fan of the Book to Look idea! I tried it last night at my show and got 4 bookings. I'm definitely doing this at all of my shows!

WOO HOO that is great.

Thank you for a wonderful idea... I just started with my first show the 12th and have my second show coming up this weekend and I think the Book to Look idea is super...:) I am going to give it a try

Last edited:
I just bought teeny gift bags, and some matching tissue paper. I'm going to paste a picture of the item to be given away on some posterboard, and write "book to look" on each bag. The bags are ADORABLE! Spring colors, with ribbon handles, and 2/$1!!! That's my kinda price!I can't wait to use them tomorrow!

Easter Egg IdeaI really like this technique. I think I'll go to the dollar store some evenig this week to get my coloured eggs. I have my very first show this Saturday night and I think it will be a great way to get some bookings. This Saturday night show is the only show I have so far so I'll DEFINETELY be needing any ideas to get bookings. I'll let you know how I do. If this works I'll want to come up with other ideas throughout the year for other seasons and such. I also like the envelopes and the coloured index cards.. lots of great ideas here!!

Cheers;)

I listened to a pre-recorded tele-class today on Booking a Year Round Business... and though I've heard it before, I've never tried it, but feel it would be very powerful, and not pushy at all : it is just asking the host what she wants and piling it in her lap, or on the table next to her, or bring a nice big basket, and as she says what she wants to get, you hand it to her until she reaches about $100, and people see the VISUAL of how much she will be getting!
I play Bunco with a group from my neighborhood, and they were talking about a Tupperware party where the lady passed out envelopes, with prizes and "free show" inside, they didn't like it, they felt it was too pushy... they didn't understand that if they took the envelope they were 95% sure they would be having a party... So if the guests aren't listening carefully, they feel like they were tricked...

Good luck in all that you do!
Don't listen to me... I have only 2 shows booked right now - thru MAY! pitiful!

Nicole
www.pamperedchef.biz/getpampered2
Lexington, SC

I love this idea. I am going to try it at my next Show!!!! Thanks for the idea.......

ChefNic said:
I play Bunco with a group from my neighborhood, and they were talking about a Tupperware party where the lady passed out envelopes, with prizes and "free show" inside, they didn't like it, they felt it was too pushy... they didn't understand that if they took the envelope they were 95% sure they would be having a party... So if the guests aren't listening carefully, they feel like they were tricked...
If I were to do the Easter Basket Theme with the Eggs I would make sure the basket had a very visible note/flyer attached that said something like "Interested in Earning products for free and at a discount by hosting a cooking or catalog show - pick an Egg and see what bonus item you will get for free from Me." And before I sent the basket and probably as it was going around I would make an annoucement stating how it worked - pick a date to host a show -> pick an egg to see what bonus item you get from me - FREE.I have also been to a Tupperware show where this was done but the consultant made it very clear if you opened an egg you were committing to hosting a show (if that was what was in the egg) - I think her eggs contained either 'get a gift' or 'book a show'. So if you were not interesting in hosting a show you didn't pick an egg. And I think she said how many eggs contained prizes and how many book a show - I know I got a prize - although my pantry could have used some more storage containers!So my question is for up coming months are there any ideas (like the eggs) of what to use? Something grill or picnic related - maybe something crafty about a picnic basket or a plate of hamburgers? Ice cubes in the quick-stir pitcher? Any ideas if you put them inside your guest folders or lap boards?I know there are so many great ideas out there - can't wait to hear them.Leea :cool:

AF Wife ?? for youWhat stamp set is that?? :confused: I have the 2004/2005 book, is it in that book?? Can you still buy that set??:D

I'm interested.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
What stamp set is that?? :confused: I have the 2004/2005 book, is it in that book?? Can you still buy that set??:D

I'm interested.

Thanks,

Lisa

I sent you a private message. :D

Tried it...didn't workOkay, I tried the book to look idea last night, but it didn't work. I had five small gift bags, and I had a picture of one free item in each bag. And they were tied close with a tag that said "you have to book to look." I made sure I explained it in detail before they just started picking bags for a free prize. I let them know that if they picked a bag and opened it, they'd have to book a show. Well, no one bit. Then again, there were only 6 adults there, and one was a past host (just this March). Granted, I did get a possible fundraiser and a possible booking, but they didn't want to take a bag in case they changed their mind. I'll still give them a free gift (below $10) if they follow through.

Any other tips for me? Thanks.

spoiledchef said:
Okay, I tried the book to look idea last night, but it didn't work. I had five small gift bags, and I had a picture of one free item in each bag. And they were tied close with a tag that said "you have to book to look." I made sure I explained it in detail before they just started picking bags for a free prize. I let them know that if they picked a bag and opened it, they'd have to book a show. Well, no one bit. Then again, there were only 6 adults there, and one was a past host (just this March). Granted, I did get a possible fundraiser and a possible booking, but they didn't want to take a bag in case they changed their mind. I'll still give them a free gift (below $10) if they follow through.

Any other tips for me? Thanks.

I put the actual dates on my envelopes (easier to decide I think then a blank "any date open calendar"). I tell them the gift will be ordered the night of their party ~ so if they are aren't completely sure, but let me book them "in case" so the host will get the credit. At least this opens the door to calling them to confirm. I also have an envelope that says "catalog/website shows" ~ with smaller gifts like the sugar shaker, or other $5 item.

I also glue one product on one side of an index card, and another on the other side ~ so they can choose one.

I think that if you use the eggs have one for every person. Put a sticker over the seam so they can't peek. Give one too EVERYONE explain they have to book to look- they can't even open it until they have given you a date-then at the end of your demo if they don't want to book a show they have to put it back (who want's to give anything free back?!). I think if they actually have it in their hand it will be harder to give it back, and they will get more curious as the show goes on. Just my two cents.
Cassandra

ChefNic said:
I cut my pictures out of the old catalog last night, taping them to a colored index card...then I thought, "what if someone opens this and sees they will be getting the Kitchen Shears, and they already had that on their receipt... would they scratch it off and order something else? or would they just scratch it off, and say! "woo hoo!"... and i know that i benefit by getting a booking... but my host will not have such a good show.
I gave away an Adjustable Scoop once as the door prize and the winner already had it on her list...she was a friend of mine... she went ahead and found something else to get in it's place! But she has no intention on hosting, so this was her chance to get more!.
I don't know... just something I thought of last night, I'll still do it...
I was going to be putting them in an envelope, in the lapboard, but the host is expecting 12 people... I stopped at 9 and figured that was enough,... but I like the idea of everyone holding one throughout the show...suspense!

You all are wonderful, I'm not creative, so I get lots of wonderful ideas here!
Thanks!
Nicole

Well now here's a use for the retired products. I always give a past season's best as a prize because I was tired of everyone scratching it off their order. If you were to give away prized that they can't order, they can't scratch it off! Maybe we should stock up on the stuff going out for just such a purpose.

I did a Book to Look at my first show (last night) and I got two bookings. I put them in envelopes and wrote on them in big red letters, "Top Secret Prize Inside! Do Not Open!" I had about six of them and I kept all but one in my apron pocket. I put one in a show folder in the very back, stuck clear down and behind the guest special flyer so it didn't show. When I did the Hostess Program portion of the show, I asked if anyone had found an envelope in their packets. They all started searching and when one women pulled it out, I explained that if she booked a show, she would get the free gift inside. I really kind of played it up that she could get a free gift so that they would feel a little left out for a second, then I pulled out the other envelopes and explained that they could get it too. I made sure to mention that there was at least one piece of stoneware and at least one SA piece. Then I told the guest that had found the envelope that since she got the lucky folder, I would provide the food if she booked a show. They seemed to really get into the idea, and since there were only eight guests, I thought two takers was pretty good. That little stab of disappointment they felt when they thought she had gotten the only one really seemed to get them interested when they found out they had a chance at it after all. I'm going to keep using it that way at all of my shows. Thanks to all of you for the idea, too, because no one at my cluster meeting had heard of Book to Look. I gave them all the address for this site and told them how much I had learned here already!!

That's great Mirandalea.

WOO HOO!

PamperedInKy said:
I think that if you use the eggs have one for every person. Put a sticker over the seam so they can't peek. Give one too EVERYONE explain they have to book to look- they can't even open it until they have given you a date-then at the end of your demo if they don't want to book a show they have to put it back (who want's to give anything free back?!). I think if they actually have it in their hand it will be harder to give it back, and they will get more curious as the show goes on. Just my two cents.
Cassandra

I'm going to try this tonight. I tried the bags on Monday, but no one took them. So, tonight I'm giving EVERYONE an egg. And -- to make them WANT to open it, I've actually put two 10% off coupons in the batch. And -- those are redeemable TONIGHT! So, I'll tell them that they each have a prize, and two of the prizes are redeemable tonight. The rest will be "book to look" eggs. But -- in order to find out if they've got the 10% off usable tonight, they'll HAVE to open the egg. And -- if you open it, and it's not the 10% off, you MUST book a show.

Does this sound like a good idea? I sure hope so! LOL!

That is a great idea! Guests really have to decide whether it is worth the gamble to them to get 10% off that night or book a show. Either way they win - but the question then would be - if you knew you had a winning egg - whatever is in it, would YOU give it back? Curiosity would KILL me and I would HAVE to know what is in it - especially if I knew all the prizes were great!Y'all always have the best ideas - which is why I love this site!

spoiledchef said:
I'm going to try this tonight. I tried the bags on Monday, but no one took them. So, tonight I'm giving EVERYONE an egg. And -- to make them WANT to open it, I've actually put two 10% off coupons in the batch. And -- those are redeemable TONIGHT! So, I'll tell them that they each have a prize, and two of the prizes are redeemable tonight. The rest will be "book to look" eggs. But -- in order to find out if they've got the 10% off usable tonight, they'll HAVE to open the egg. And -- if you open it, and it's not the 10% off, you MUST book a show.

Does this sound like a good idea? I sure hope so! LOL!
I just wonder if they'd feel forced into booking a show when they really don't want to. Some may be going for the 10% off and have no interest in booking a show. I just wonder if people may be leery of the "MUST book a show" thing. I sometimes can barely get people to commit to doing it in the next six months even when they WANT to do one. They just don't like the feeling of being locked into something. Just my thoughts!!:eek:

pamperedbecky said:
I just wonder if they'd feel forced into booking a show when they really don't want to. Some may be going for the 10% off and have no interest in booking a show. I just wonder if people may be leery of the "MUST book a show" thing. I sometimes can barely get people to commit to doing it in the next six months even when they WANT to do one. They just don't like the feeling of being locked into something. Just my thoughts!!:eek:

Well, I wouldn't look at it that way b/c I'm not forcing them to open the egg. But -- if you take the risk and open it, there are two choices...receive the 10% of tonight or the free prize when your booked show is closed. And -- if they were THAT adamant about having a show, I probably wouldn't make them do it b/c is that the type of host you REALLY want? But -- like I said, I thought I'd try this way tonight, and I'll post an update tomorrow. Hopefully curiosity will "kill the cat." :D

I also wanted to mention an alternative to using stickers to seal the eggs or whatever you use. I just created address labels, and I put an "Easter" graphic on the label, and I copied it twice. So, each label has three of the same graphic. Then, you just cut it the size you want to seal the item. It's cute and cheaper I think. And -- if you're like me, you may not always have stickers on hand. HTH

Keep your fingers crossed....I'm trying it tonight. I would like to increase my show schedule for April and May and am going to try to use it as an incentive for those months. Of course if someone really wants June I won't turn them down. I hope I have the same success with it as others have had.

Personally I know I wouldn't open the egg :eek: I went to a Tupperware party a few years ago and the consultant used the same spiel. A basket of eggs, and she said "some may have a prize or a discount off tonight's order or they may have book a show. If you take an egg you MUST honor what's inside just like I will if it's a prize."

It came across as pushy to me and so I asked what the ratio of prizes/discounts to book a show and she couldn't/wouldn't answer. So because of it I would not take an egg. I was the fourth person the basket went to and after I refused so did the next three gals. The three that had opened theirs - 2 had book a show. From what I understand, they never did have a show. They felt obligated to book and then cancelled afterward.

I personally like the book to look idea, and they choose an envelope IF they're interested. Like a previous post stated, who would want a host who didn't really want to book in the first place? How motivated will they be?

Just my 2 cents,

This is working for me also. At a recent festival, I purchased small chinese take boxes (plain white) and then put a picture of a new item in each one. I got 4 bookings in one day.

While cruising through a Party store recently, I could not resist the cute Easter stuff. I bought a white metal pail, with a bunny painted on it that I am going to put Easter grass in and instead of plastic eggs, I bought plastic carrots that open to put candy in that I am going to use as my book to look. The pail with the grass and carrots makes a really cute center piece.

Well, I tried it tonight with the Easter eggs, and I got FOUR bookings. At the beginning of the show, I passed the basket around, and I had them each choose an egg and NOT open it. I then explained that some eggs had a prize that they could get/use tonight (10% off) and the others had a prize that they would get when they book a show. I made VERY clear that my directions were understood. If they opened the egg, they were obligated and so was I. Well, one gal opened hers halfway through the show. Then, two others opened theirs as they were "checking out" with me. So, all three booked. Finally, one that had already opened/booked asked another gal if she could open hers. I said, "of course if SHE (the original egg holder) booked a show." The girl who wanted to open it replied, "What if I book ANOTHER show?" So, I of course told her that she could open as many as she'd like as long as she booked. LOL! So, she booked two shows.

This was a GREAT success, and I really liked how excited they were about it. Now, I've got to find something to use once eggs are no longer an option. :)

spoiledchef said:
Well, I tried it tonight with the Easter eggs, and I got FOUR bookings. At the beginning of the show, I passed the basket around, and I had them each choose an egg and NOT open it. I then explained that some eggs had a prize that they could get/use tonight (10% off) and the others had a prize that they would get when they book a show. I made VERY clear that my directions were understood. If they opened the egg, they were obligated and so was I. Well, one gal opened hers halfway through the show. Then, two others opened theirs as they were "checking out" with me. So, all three booked. Finally, one that had already opened/booked asked another gal if she could open hers. I said, "of course if SHE (the original egg holder) booked a show." The girl who wanted to open it replied, "What if I book ANOTHER show?" So, I of course told her that she could open as many as she'd like as long as she booked. LOL! So, she booked two shows.

This was a GREAT success, and I really liked how excited they were about it. Now, I've got to find something to use once eggs are no longer an option. :)
That's great! It sounds like a big success. How many people were at the show? No matter what, that's a great percentage. Did they all book in fairly close? Very cool!:D

Oh, I just read your other quote that there were only 5 people. Great!

Last edited:
pamperedbecky said:
That's great! It sounds like a big success. How many people were at the show? No matter what, that's a great percentage. Did they all book in fairly close? Very cool!:D

There were only 6 there including the host. One ordered nearly $100 though, and she had an outside order for almost $60. I got an April, May, June and September booking. So, I was VERY excited. My business was shaky for a while, so this is a GREAT boost.

How many eggs are y'all taking to your shows? I don't want too few, but I'm not how many is too many (but then, I never know how many guest packets to take either.:rolleyes: )

How many eggs had 10% off and how many had the prize when you book a show? I like this idea because I tried the book to look but I don't think that is why people booked. They didn't care whether or not they got one of the envelopes.

n8vtxn said:
How many eggs are y'all taking to your shows? I don't want too few, but I'm not how many is too many (but then, I never know how many guest packets to take either.:rolleyes: )

I took 12 eggs b/c the host was expecting 7-8 people, and I wanted to make sure I had enough.

reesefamily5 said:
How many eggs had 10% off and how many had the prize when you book a show? I like this idea because I tried the book to look but I don't think that is why people booked. They didn't care whether or not they got one of the envelopes.

I took 12 eggs, and 2 had the 10% off coupon in them. But -- since there were only 5 there (didn't count host), only ONE of the 10% eggs were drawn (I made sure I remembered the color). But -- she didn't open it. The 4 that were opened were free prizes. I also told them when they booked that if the prize they had "won" wasn't to their liking, that we would trade it out at the close of their show since that's when I'm purchasing it. Have to make those hosts and customers happy.

The egg ideaThis didn't work for me. No one seemed thrilled and excited to get an egg, which i gave them at the beginning of my show. At the end I told them they can look if they'd like to book and recieve a prize. They couldn't have cared less. Half of the 10 guests didn't even bring their eggs up, and only one booked--not because of the egg either.

I was going to use it last Thursday at a show but when I saw the type of guests I knew right then and there they were not going to be interested. So I just "did my thing" and still got 3 bookings. I'd say you need to get a feel for the group and go from there. Some times it will work and maybe some times it won't.

My director has told me that when you decide to try something new, you really need to do it for a couple months before you decide its not for you. If you keep changing things you never get a chance to get comfortable and find out whether it "works." Sivlepa, I'd suggest trying it a couple more times. Maybe it was just an apathetic crowd - who knows? Another crowd might have really gone for it!

Book to Look for EasterOkay, so I'm a little dyslexic and put "Look to Book" instead of "Book to Look" for my FIRST Show yesterday. The guests loved the idea; however, nobody booked since they have all the products anyway. I had two women who wanted the cake tester and we no longer offer it (I sent an email to Corporate to let them know they're still in demand).

I might ask the Longaberger Basket lady if I could piggy back onto her Basket Bingo for May, though.

Attachments

• LooktoBook_Easter 001.jpg
    LooktoBook_Easter 001.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 583
SuggestionNow I'm new but this has worked for my recruiter in a great way and I plan to use it at my next show because she got 6 bookings from doing the "Book to Look" idea. Here's a suggestion that maybe a bit faster to put together. Take an envelope and print nicely with the computer "Book to Look". Place a "prize" in the envelope. My recruiter used what she had doubles of at home that she didn't need anymore. That way you don't really lose out. Place an envelope in each guests folders and the curiosity will just bug them why this envelope is in their packets. Someone will likely ask and then you can explain. Just make sure to mention that they can't open it unless they book a show. If they decide to book a show they will open and find their "prize". They then write their name on the prize slip and return it to you and they can fill in your calendar when they would like the party. You then give the gift to them at their party in case of any cancellations. They must have the party to get the gift. Does that all make sense? I hope so. I think this is all a great idea and can't wait to use it. If you don't have enough PC products, you can also offer free shipping or free groceries in the envelope. Hope it works for everyone!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mommyhugz1978
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
rbergwrightchef
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ihavethetools
  • jenniferlynne