• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting Book Club with a Lovely Bones Theme - Recipe Ideas?

I've tried the caprese mini sandwiches and they are delicious! I will have to try the profiterole puffs. Thanks for the suggestion.
Brookeskitchen
I am a member of a book club that meets once a month. Next month I will be hosting the club at my house and want to have some appetizers, finger foods, etc. available. I can't "sell" the PC products during the meeting of course, but I was wondering if any of you had some recipe ideas for me to make (with the Book Club theme in mind - the name of the book is Lovely Bones) that I might be able to display some of the PC products. If nothing else, I'm hoping it may prompt someone to ask me about the recipe or product.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brooke
Brand new consultant in SS1

Make one of the rings. Or the Hot Broccoli dip is great too. or Cool veggie Pizza.

Why not put out some catalogs and brochures within arms length somewhere near the food? Then book club members can still look at your "books" too.

ThanksThanks so much for the great ideas. I will probably do both.

Brooke

recipe copyI might print a copy of the recipe and put my contact info at the bottom. I've gotten several people say things like, "I didn't know you sold PC." It's a great opportunity to talk about it.

Or you might use the Southwestern Seasoning Dip and have the container sitting right next to the dip so that people KNOW it's a PC product.

BEE

How about a suggestion for your next book to be Doris's? I have read it twice and I LOVE it! Maybe because I know it started right here in my own backyard, or maybe because it truly is someone living the American Dream...ANYHOW...I think there might even be a discussion sheet under Consultant's Corner!

As for food...Appetizers and dips, and serve beverage(s) from the Quick-Stir Pitcher. Serve PC Coffee/Tea. Have fun!

Have you read that book yet?I can't think of a single Pampered Chef recipe that "matches" a theme of murder etc etc. A good book, but a bit dark. Make PC recipes...use the SA to display...but forget about a theme...unless you want to make a graveyard cake? See...now that's just bad...I'm sick and twisted!

Killer Kahlua Cake:eek: It may be a little tacky, but I found the recipe for the killer kahlua cake on a Desparate Housewives theme party outline post...I might make that or maybe something less morbid. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Brooke

Have you tried the caprese mini sandwiches? They are so good! And the profiterole puffs are pretty easy to make too, and good finger food. When people ask you about the recipe's you can tell them how excited you are about the brand new Italiano Cucina shows!

1. How can I incorporate the theme of "The Lovely Bones" into my book club menu?

One idea is to create a "heavenly" themed menu, with dishes like angel food cake, deviled eggs, and cloud-shaped sugar cookies. You could also choose dishes that are mentioned in the book, such as glazed ham, stuffed mushrooms, and cherry pie.

2. Do you have any recipe suggestions for a book club with a "Lovely Bones" theme?

Some recipe ideas include:

• Heavenly Ham and Cheese Sliders: Use Hawaiian rolls, sliced ham, and Swiss cheese to make these mini sandwiches.
  • Sweet Dreams Salad: A fruit salad made with strawberries, kiwi, mandarin oranges, and honey-vanilla yogurt.
  • Heavenly Chocolate Truffles: These rich and decadent truffles are the perfect sweet treat for a book club meeting.

3. What drinks would pair well with a "Lovely Bones" themed book club?

For a non-alcoholic option, consider serving a refreshing mint lemonade or a fruity sangria made with sparkling water. For those who prefer alcoholic beverages, a light and crisp white wine or a sparkling rosé would pair well with the menu.

4. How can I make my book club decorations fit the "Lovely Bones" theme?

You could create a centerpiece made of white flowers and feathers to represent the "heavenly" theme. You could also incorporate items like dreamcatchers, candles, and photos of clouds to create a dreamy and ethereal atmosphere.

5. Are there any activities or games that would go along with a "Lovely Bones" themed book club?

A fun idea could be to have a scavenger hunt where participants have to find items related to the book, such as a feather, a charm bracelet, and a photo of a gazebo. Another activity could be to have a discussion about the symbolism in the book and have each member share their interpretation of the story.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies