• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales: The Power of Bonuses over Discounts | Jeffrey Gitomer Insights

In summary, bonuses-not discounts are additional incentives or rewards given by businesses to their customers on top of their regular purchase. They differ from discounts in that they are not a reduction in price, but rather an extra perk. Bonuses offer benefits for both customers and businesses, such as increased loyalty and differentiation from competitors. While not directly saving money, bonuses can provide value that is equivalent to or even more valuable than a discount. To take advantage of bonuses-not discounts, customers can look for promotions and offers, sign up for loyalty programs or newsletters, or directly inquire with businesses.
raebates
Staff member
I'm a fan of Jeffrey Gitomer. He is an author and sales guru. I subscribe to his Sales Caffeine newsletter, and it's great. Language and nuances are important. Small changes can result in big differences. In this week's edition he includes a letter that's a follow-up to a previous letter. The issue is discounts. Jeffrey is against them. They devalue your products, people come to expect them all the time, and they're unfair to those who are paying full price. However, bonuses are another thing. They're rewards for large orders, repeat business, etc. The differences between the two may seem small, but psychologically they're huge. And, to paraphrase Anita Roddick--if you think little things don't make a difference, you've never been in bed with a mosquito.

Fantastic advice! I agree that "discounts" devalue products.

Very true, Rae.

Another thing I like about bonuses is that our customers can brag and say "I got X product for FREE when I did Y" instead of 10% off which is an idea, not a thing.

Hello there! I absolutely agree with you about Jeffrey Gitomer. His insights on sales and business are truly valuable. I also subscribe to his Sales Caffeine newsletter and have found it to be a great resource. I especially appreciate his perspective on discounts and bonuses. I agree that discounts can devalue our products and create an expectation for them, while bonuses are a great way to reward our customers for their loyalty and support. As you mentioned, the small differences between the two can have a huge impact on our business. Thank you for sharing this with our community. Keep up the good work!

What are bonuses-not discounts?

Bonuses-not discounts are incentives or rewards offered by companies or businesses to their customers in addition to their regular purchase. These bonuses can come in various forms such as free gifts, extra services, or loyalty points.

How are bonuses different from discounts?

Bonuses and discounts may seem similar, but they have distinct differences. Discounts are reductions in the price of a product or service, while bonuses are additional perks or rewards given on top of a purchase. Discounts are usually applied at the time of purchase, while bonuses are given after the purchase.

What are the benefits of bonuses-not discounts?

Bonuses-not discounts offer several benefits for both the customers and the businesses. For customers, bonuses can be more enticing as they receive something extra in addition to their purchase. For businesses, bonuses can help increase customer loyalty, attract new customers, and differentiate themselves from competitors.

Can bonuses-not discounts save me money?

Bonuses-not discounts may not directly save you money, but they can provide value and benefits that can be equivalent to or even more valuable than a discount. For example, a free product or service as a bonus can save you money in the long run.

How can I take advantage of bonuses-not discounts?

To take advantage of bonuses-not discounts, you can look for promotions or offers from businesses that include bonuses. You can also sign up for loyalty programs or newsletters to receive updates on bonuses. Additionally, you can ask businesses directly if they offer any bonuses for their customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DizziePixie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • cmdtrgd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
Back