• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boiling Over No More: Does It Work? Testimonials Needed!

In summary, the Boil Over No More screen from Pampered Chef is a small piece of metal that goes over the top of the pot to prevent boil overs. It has a small flap that can be removed for easy cleaning, and it works well as a splash guard or for cooking pasta.
keynibear
I read the thread of the Boil Over No More when it was launcehd in the spring.

What I would like to know, is if it actually works. I read how it's great that it has more than one purpose, but didn't read if it actually prevents boil overs?

Does anyone have one of these? Do you use it often?

I was talking to a guy in the check out line at Walmart today, and this particular line was next to the As Seen on TV section. He aksed me if I had ever bought anything that actually worked from there, and there was only one product on the shelf that I have actually used, the Cafe Cups for the Keurig Coffe maker.

anyway, he was eyeing the boil over screen. I told him I sell Pampered Chef, and we sell something similar.
I wish I could have told him more, but this is one product I don't know much about.

I have used mine with pasta and it works great - no boil overs!!

My only complaint with it is if you use it as a splash guard for cooking stove top bacon (I prefer bacon on the stoneware, but wanted to try this out), I found that it "steamed" the bacon which is not how my family enjoys it. But I have had no issues with it as a boil-over for potatoes, pasta, etc.

Thanks for the input. My husband just might like this. LOL He's had a few boil over accidents recently. :)

Yes ! These actually work. When boiling a 5lb bag of potatoes for potato salad - it was always tricky to keep the water boiling without boiling over. Last time I used the boil over - and it worked wonderfully! I could keep it on a FULL rolling boil.But, if I lifted the boil over to check the potatoes, it would boil over. So, I would just lower the heat when I wanted to to lift the boil over.

How hard is it to clean? That would be my concern with the little flaps on it.

Roadtripray said:
How hard is it to clean? That would be my concern with the little flaps on it.
I just put mine in the dishwasher and it comes out fine.

Love these!!! I am demoing at my open house next week.

Anyone ever tried cooking rice with this?

I've never tried cooking rice, but that is something you usually put the LID on, versus leaving the lid off...at least every time I have made rice on the stove.BUT for pasta, it works WONDERFULLY...has saved my distracted kitchen-brain MANY times. It does clean up well, and the "flaps" can be removed for easier clean up if needed.

Thanks so much! I'm new to PC and do not have these yet.

I love it! My stovetop is no longer covered in boiling water/potatoes! LOL

The easiest trick I have is using putting a wooden spoon over the pot, stops it instantly. I've had some success with bamboo too

kcheatham08 said:
The easiest trick I have is using putting a wooden spoon over the pot, stops it instantly. I've had some success with bamboo too
That makes the boil-over time longer (since it breaks the surface tension), but it will still eventually boil over. Trust me. The Boil Over No More actually traps the portion that's boiling over, then directs it back into the pan as the level of the liquid reduces.

1. What is Boiling Over No More and how does it work?

Boiling Over No More is a kitchen tool designed to prevent liquids from boiling over on your stovetop. It works by creating a barrier around the edges of your pot or pan, allowing steam to escape without causing a mess.

2. Is Boiling Over No More easy to use?

Yes, Boiling Over No More is very easy to use. Simply place it on top of your pot or pan before cooking and let it do its job. It is also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. Can Boiling Over No More be used with any type of pot or pan?

Yes, Boiling Over No More is designed to fit most standard pots and pans. However, it may not work with very large or irregularly shaped cookware.

4. Does Boiling Over No More really work?

Yes, Boiling Over No More has received many positive reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers. It is designed with high-quality materials and has been tested to effectively prevent boiling over.

5. Are there any special care instructions for Boiling Over No More?

No, there are no special care instructions for Boiling Over No More. It is made of heat-resistant silicone and can be used in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• peichef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
peichef
  • maldvs
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kam
  • Chef Kearns