• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discuss Boil Over No More: Tips, Reviews, Complaints & Ideas

In summary, the Boil Over No More are a great idea and are well-made. They are expensive, but worth the price. They can be used for a variety of purposes, including as a steamer and splatter guard. They are a bit pricey, but worth the investment.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Boil Over No More. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

I am SO happy to see these! I had posted this on the "guesses for new spring products" a few weeks ago. So, I am thrilled!

Even more happy that I did not break down and buy one before Christmas. I was at Sur la Table and had one in my hand, but decided against purchasing it at the last minute.

I voted this as my favourite. The presenter mentioned that turned over, they make great splatter guards in the microwave or for a frying pan, so I can definitely see them getting daily use.

So getting this! My mom could've used it tonight when she did her mashed potatoes. And for all those people who boil their chicken...I'm also excited that it can be flipped the other way and used as a plate cover in the microwave. It's silicone, not plastic and we don't have to worry about BPA.Down side? It's kind of expensive. But I'm sure it'll be worth it and be nice quality and hold up well.

KateInTheKitchen said:
I voted this as my favourite. The presenter mentioned that turned over, they make great splatter guards in the microwave or for a frying pan, so I can definitely see them getting daily use.

Not sure if this actually works, but I have seen them demonstrated on QVC to steam veggies as you boil pasta.

I saw them on QVC about a year ago. Seemed to do the trick, I almost bought them at that time.

Here's one of the QVC offerings for these. I saw them on there last year, too. I've seen them steam veggies on top. I thought ours were a little pricey but they're not that much more than the QVC ones, though they sell a set of 2 same-sized ones for a better price.http://www.qvc.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Spill-Stopper-13-Silicone-Pot-Lid-Accessories-Cookware-Kitchen-&-Food.product.K38117.html?sc=K38117-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-K38117&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/k/17/k38117.001?$uslarge$

I love them, but they are expensive. I think they should be offered as a set for the price of the large one.

I didn't even know these existed :[ but they are great idea and I agree that they are a little pricey.

i am also thinking that flipping the "flower" like they suggested for using as a microwave splatter cover would work great when you are making large batches of something (ex: fried chicken or french fries) and keeping it warm as you go by the stove.

Not too pricey if you are getting them for FREE or 1/2 price as a host. :DI haven't gotten to see them in person yet, so I really have NO idea ... Using them as a steamer? Not something I would have thought to try. I pictured them as being too flimsy for that. Are they a hard plastic? Seems like they would give to the weight & fall into the pan ... ???

So they'd fall in if you put weight on them, right? I see them as being about the same bendable texture as our cranberry trivets. Am I way off?ETA: or like the flexible funnels. Maybe that's a better comparison. LOL

I don't think you're off, but I'm trying to think about it... yeah, they'd fall in with anything of significant weight, but if it's significantly larger than the pot you're using it would probably stay out of the water. Here is a silicone steamer, so I can see it would work in theory: http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/b6/d/AAAAApJ1_2cAAAAAALbY0w.jpg?v=1198301267000

Oh, I can totally see the one with the support ring on the bottom of the pan working. I'm just a visual person. I physically have to "see" it in my head to grasp it! LOL I don't see the one supported only by the sides as holding up to the weight. I see if falling into the pan. I'll have to play with it when I get one! :DThanks for letting me pester you. ;)

I think if it were big enough compared to the pot, the sides would definitely hold things up okay. But I'm really just guessing!

I hadn't seen anything like these before and thought they were a great idea when I saw them at launch. Then I realized the prices were for individual pieces, not a set of 2... I think at 50 or 60% off, they'd be OK, but not at full price.

Hallelujah! I have been coveting these things on QVC for over a year and wishing PC had something similar! I agree they should be sold as a set and that the price could be lower. We'll see how they sell.

I wasn't so sure about them when I read the spoiler thread but once I saw them in person and got to touch them I actually really like them. I love that you can use them for more than just boiling.

Price isn't really that bad. Our price is in line with QVC when you figure in shipping for EACH one ordered. Our shipping (through a party) is flat which can make our price better in the end.

So do you use these in place of a lid? Or when boiling uncovered? I guess I just wonder what affect they have on the food when the recipe calls for uncovered vs covered. Know what I mean?

They're for use when you're boiling things uncovered such as pasta or potatoes. Starchy items are the things that usually boil over. The center "petals" are light enough to let steam out.

raebates said:
They're for use when you're boiling things uncovered such as pasta or potatoes. Starchy items are the things that usually boil over. The center "petals" are light enough to let steam out.

Ok I have had rice boil over before.covered (likely my error) so I thought they might be for something like that.

Tracy99 said:
Ok I have had rice boil over before.covered (likely my error) so I thought they might be for something like that.

That might work. Might take some experimentation and you might have to report back to us.

I have had the big one from QVC for a couple of years, then got the smaller one from Amazon last year. I really like them. I use them for cooking rice and potatoes all the time. I also use them when cooking when I would like to cover but open the lid just a little...since the lids on my PC cookware like to slide back to the closed position. I just used them to cook a big pot of cauliflower and broccoli.

Comes in 2 sizes. The 'flower' in the middle lets the overflow come up and gathers the froth keeping the side of your pots clean and saving you the trouble of cleaning your stove elements. It also doubles up as a splatter shield for your microwave when you unsnap the flower and turn it over.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9681/boilovernomore382246447.jpg

Here's QVC's version. I watched the video for selling tips.

http://www.qvc.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Spill-Stopper-11.5-Silicone-Pot-Lid-Kitchen-&-Food.product.K35509.html?sc=K35509-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-K35509&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/k/09/k35509.001?$uslarge$

I received the small boil over no more lid in my free products last week and was super excited to use it. I boiled chicken and the lid worked properly on the top but boiled over the sides of the pot. I tried lowering the heat, and trying again, but still boiled over. I am a bit puzzled and disappointed :/

Tried the small one last night for the first time with pasta- worked great! I loved being able to set the timer and walk away. When I wanted to stir the pasta I just removed the pot from the burner- lifted it off- stirred and put it back. Love this!

Thanks for posting this info. I was not really that interested in them but I now see how useful they can be. Its too bad we don't have a video like the one listed above to show customers. Its a great visual. I love the part where you can cook the rice and steam the veggies and shrimp. A one pot meal! I'm hooked.

I know up here they won't sell well at that price....especially in this economy. Hopefully they will offer them in a set in the future.

Last night i used the small one on the 8" diameter stock pot and it spit out underneath the boilover no more and the top of the pan and driped down and made a mess. It was centered ok. I've been using this product a lot but always with smaller sauce pans with great success.
Has anyone else had this happen?

I used my large one on my 10" SS Skillet and had this happen. My main use for this particular pan is to boil my hand warmers. Ususally the rolling boil of the water boils all over my stovetop. While yes, there was seepage, this was much cleaner than my huge puddle. (You can find my hand/foot warmers at www.hotsnapz.com this is not self-endorsement because I make no money from these, I just love having reuasble hand/foot warmers and people ask me where I find them. The other place they can be found are at "naughty" parties as massage aids)

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone has used this instead of paper towel for the egg cooker? It would make for a great cross-seller if it worked.

I actually used it to cover my egg cooker this morning. It worked great, I haven't had a lot of problems with splatter but when my egg popped this morning I didn't worry about having to clean the microwave!

Thanks mspibb!

My director showed us how instead of putting a paper towel over the egg cooker you can put the boil no more over it.

Great visual!

boil over no more2375877_n.jpg

1. How does Boil Over No More prevent spills and messes on the stovetop?

The Boil Over No More is a silicone lid that fits on top of your pots and pans to prevent liquids from boiling over. The lid has an innovative design with raised ridges that help to catch and contain any spills or splatters, keeping your stovetop clean and mess-free.

2. Can Boil Over No More be used on all types of cookware?

Yes, Boil Over No More is designed to fit on most standard pots and pans. It has a diameter of 11 inches and can stretch to fit larger pots as well. It is also safe to use on both metal and non-stick cookware.

3. Does Boil Over No More affect the cooking process or temperature?

No, Boil Over No More does not affect the cooking process or temperature of your food. The lid is made of heat-resistant silicone and will not interfere with the cooking process. It simply sits on top of your pot or pan to prevent spills.

4. Can Boil Over No More be used in the oven?

No, Boil Over No More is not recommended for use in the oven. It is designed specifically for stovetop use and should not be exposed to high temperatures in the oven.

5. How do I clean and care for Boil Over No More?

Boil Over No More is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water. It is recommended to dry the lid completely before storing it. Avoid using sharp objects on the lid as it may cause damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg